Rosemary Pork Roast Slow Cooker

I just love all the deep flavors of winter, the Rosemary, Thyme and Sage,  that are in this recipe. I am able to go out to my Herb Garden and pick the fresh herbs, then stop by the barn and pick up the Pearl Onions from the cold bin, then I am off to the kitchen.  The smell of this Pork Roast will have everyone rushing to the kitchen to find the wonderful meal that awaits them at the end of a cold winters day.


Slow Cooker Rosemary Pork Roast at Miz Helen's Country Cottage

Rosemary Pork Roast

Rosemary Pork Roast
Miz Helen's Kitchen
Ingredients
3 to 4 pound Boston Butt Pork Roast
8 cups pearl onions
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons thyme
2 teaspoons sage
2 teaspoons rosemary
2 sprigs rosemary
2 cloves garlic chopped
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon pepper
2 cups Apple Juice
Mix together the thyme, sage, salt, pepper and 2 teaspoons rosemary. Rub the Pork with the season mix on all sides until all the sides are covered well. 
Pour the olive oil into a very hot skillet and sear the Pork until brown on the outside. Move it immediately to the hot Slow Cooker. 
Place the Pork in the slow cooker and place the pearl onions and the garlic around the Pork. 
Pour the apple juice around the edge of the Slow Cooker so you don't wash off the season of the Pork and place the two sprigs of rosemary on top of the Pork.. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours and finish on low for 2 hours. 

Slow Cooker Rosemary Pork Roast at Miz Helen's Country Cottage

This Pork Roast Smells Heavenly and is Delicious!

Slow Cooker Rosemary Pork Roast at Miz Helen's Country Cottage

Enjoy Your Roast

I sure am glad that you were able to come have dinner with us this evening. We always look forward to your visits and hope you enjoyed your Pork Roast. Yes we do have left overs and we will be making a fabulous dish from the leftovers so you will have to come back and try that out. Cranberry Pork Gravy (Link)  We will look forward to seeing you soon!
Peace and Joy

Miz Helen
Miz Helen

Cookbook Author, Recipe Developer, Organic Gardner.


Comments

  1. Helen, I can smell this cooking. Is there anything better on a cold winters night than pork roast. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds absolutely amazing! I love the aroma of rosemary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! This looks fabulous! I can't wait to try this and I am pinning it so I remember to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just bought a Boston Butt at the grocery store, now I have a new recipe to try! I can imagine how wonderful this will make my house smell!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me too...I can almost smell that over here....

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a good idea when I have party coming!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pinning! (We bought a hog from a local Amish farmer, and in a couple weeks will have lots and lots of pork to figure out how to cook.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks so delicious and so full of flavour! A satisfying and delicious meal! Have a lovely day, Miz Helen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmmm, I'm going to make this! It looks delicious!
    -Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Miz Helen, I can almost smell the rosemary. This is an award winning roast! XX00

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds wonderful! I usually cook my pork roasts in the slow cooker, it is an easy way to produce a fork tender roast. I love the seasonings you've used and look forward to trying your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That sounds absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks like a very filling and hearty recipe, not to mention delicious. I don't use my slow cooker as much as I should, so I'm always happy to get new ideas to motivate me to use it more. Thank you Helen for sharing your recipe at my party this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have a herb garden outside my kitchen door too, and it's lovely going out there to get fresh herbs. Actually this time of year the only one that really grows well is Rosemary as I'm in a bit of a colder climate than you are :) Your Rosemary Pork Roast sounds so delicious - I do love all the wonderful herbs and spices you have used. Thank you for sharing it with the Hearth and Soul hop.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've never put rosemary in my pork roast, but I can't wait to try it now, it looks divine! Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm excited about this. Thanks for linking to Must Try Monday. I featured you today!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stopping by from My Favorite Finds feature. This pork roast sounds delicious. I can't wait to try it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Miz Helen, This pork roast sounds incredible! I think your recipe will be the first slow cooker meal that I try! Even though I cook all of the time, I have never used a slow cooker. My boyfriend bought a really nice slow cooker a few years ago, so I got that as a bonus in addition to having him in my life now!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This looks wonderful! I'd love to try this recipe - I will Pin it for future reference. Thanks, Miz Helen!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Helen! Just stopping by to thank you again for linking up to my party. Your recipe was included in my Saturday Picks today. Congrats on your feature! There is a button on my blog if you'd like to add it to your sidebar or feature page. Everyone needs some low fuss recipes, so I'm glad you shared a great one with us. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Two of my favorite things...cooking from the garden and crockpot cooking! Best of all, this recipe looks good! Thanks for sharing at the Rock 'N Share! I shared it on my FB page today!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I featured your recipe today--it was SO good! Thank you! http://www.theforeigndomestic.com/2012/03/from-your-kitchen-to-mine-recipes-36-40.html

    ReplyDelete
  23. now that is what I call good home cooking yummy come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Miz Helen! I made this roast for this month's secret recipe club. I love it! Thanks for the recipe. http://thebitchinkitchin.blogspot.com/2012/11/rosemary-pork-roast.html

    ReplyDelete
  25. Im a new cook y do you use so many cups of pearl onions? and how many does this feed. If i dont have fresh rosemary could i just use dry?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mkkiki,
      The recipe calls for 8 cups of pearl onions, if you have less that's ok, but I would not use more.
      It will serve about 6 to 8 normal servings or 4 to 6 generous servings.
      The recipe calls for dried rosemary in the rub mix for the roast. If you don't have fresh rosemary to put on top just sprinkle about 2 teaspoons of dried rosemary on top and it will be great.
      Sure hope you enjoy your Roast and thank you so much for stopping by today. Hope you have a great weekend!
      Miz Helen

      Delete
  26. could u plz notify me with your answer iforgot to check the notify box for my ?

    ReplyDelete
  27. Can't wait to try this. Thank you so much for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your visit has been very special. I look forward to your comments, they are like opening little gifts. Thank you for stopping by and hurry back!
Miz Helen