Cranberry Pork Gravy

One of the time saving meal planning tips that I learned along the way was to plan the leftovers and to make the cooking time really count for something. If you are going to be cooking in the slow cooker or oven for 4 to 6 hours make enough to have at least 2 or 3 meals. I recently made this wonderful Rosemary Pork Roast (Link) and this recipe is the planned left over that I had from that roast.

Cranberry Pork Gravy

Cranberry Pork Gravy
Miz Helen's Kitchen
2 cups broth from the left over Rosemary Pork Roast
1 cup onions from the left over Rosemary Pork Roast
1 to 2 cups Rosemary Pork Roast chopped
1 cup whole cranberry sauce
1/2 cup whole cranberries
Optional:2 to 3 tablespoons Corn Starch to thicken the Gravy
In a large skillet heat the broth, onions, meat,cranberries and cranberry sauce. Bring the mixture to a boil and then cook on low heat for 15 minutes. Serve on Mashed Cauliflower, Mashed Potatoes, Rice, or Noodles. This is a great planned left over that we really enjoy and hope you will too.
Recipe Tip
This leftover Cranberry Gravy can be made with Pork or Beef and you can always substitute Beef or Chicken Broth if you don't have enough with your left overs. 

This Gravy Has a Fabulous Flavor

Served with Apple Cole Slaw over Mashed Cauliflower
Enjoy!

 Its a really good friend that can sit at your kitchen table and enjoy a good meal of leftovers with you, so I know you are a good friend. It was sure good to spend some time with and hope you will come back real soon!
Peace and Joy
Miz Helen

Pin It


This Post Is Linked To:
Foodie Friday



Miz Helen
Miz Helen

Cookbook Author, Recipe Developer, Organic Gardner.


Comments

  1. Oh, my! I wish I had that ready in my kitchen! This is a "keeper" for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds wonderful! That is how I am trying to plan meals right now, having extra for a day or two, life is just so busy that recipes like this are so very helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miz Helen, thanks so much for both recipes. When I saw the Rosemary Pork Roast recipe I knew that I would plan to make it soon. Now here you have given a bonus recipe to use with it. That means I can change it up to be different when hubby eats the left overs. That is so great. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great use for left overs. I love how creative you are. This looks really good. I can't eat pork often but this sure has me craving it. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cranberry what? Sounds wonderful!! A bowl of goodness in one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Couldn't agree with you more. If I were to cook something that takes more than 2 hours, I always make sure I have enough for 2nd or 3rd meal. :) Usually they taste better the next day anyway. I love your Cranberry Pork with Gravy. Sounds succulent and refreshing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your visit has been very special. I look forward to your comments, they are like opening little gifts. Thank you for stopping by and hurry back!
Miz Helen