Whats For Dinner Next Week: Red Beans N Rice

I am in the kitchen, come on back here and we will sit down for a minute or two, have our coffee and visit.I found the best little something to go with coffee the other day over at Louanne's, her Pecan Pie Cake  will melt in your mouth. I am just taking it out of the oven we can have a serving (large slice) with our coffee. Our menu for next week will look like this.


Feature Recipe

Tuesday
Red Beans N Rice


The Menu
Sunday
With
Root Vegetables
Crisp Lettuce Salad 
with 
Mandarin Orange Vinaigrette
Whole Wheat Buns
Tapioca Pudding 

Monday
From Left Over Roast Beef
Hot Beef Sandwich
Garlic Mashed Potatoes
With
Roast Beef Gravy
Lettuce and Tomato Salad
Individual Cherry Hand Pie

Tuesday
Feature Recipe
Garlic Rolls

Wednesday
Chicken and Veggie Bake Casserole
Green Salad
Toasted
Cottage Bread Rounds
Left Over
Bread Pudding

Thursday
Slow Cooker
Green Beans
Carrot, Raisin, Pineapple Salad

Friday
From
Full Plate Thursday
Lavender and Fennel Crusted Salmon  Michelle at On and Off My Plate
Middle Eastern Tabbouleh   Kx at Packed Lunches For Grown Ups
Paneer Cottage Cheese Crescents Nisa at Cooking Is Easy
Cream Puff Dessert   Lisa at Flour Me With Love

Saturday
Sirloin Strip on the Grill
Baked Potato
Roasted Asparagus
Green Salad
Garlic Cottage Bread
Apple Cobbler

























Miz Helen
Miz Helen

Cookbook Author, Recipe Developer, Organic Gardner.


Comments

  1. This seems like a comforting and tasty meal. Love that it's a slow cooker meal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! You have some of the best recipes! Have you ever considered writing a cookbook...I'm giving it some thought.
    I love Red Beans and Rice...I lived in Louisiana for 17 yrs and ate it all the time. I haven't had any in years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tina,
    I am so glad that you like my recipes. I really love to cook. I published Miz Helen's Kitchen Table cookbook last summer. It has 150 recipes in it. I had so much fun putting it together. I encourage you to write your cookbook, it is a great legacy for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so good. And I like that this can be frozen too! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How can you ever go wrong with Red Beans and Rice! This will be on my table on Fat Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUMMY! This recipe sounds wonderful. I don't think to make beans this way. But I will certainly make this great hearty meal. Look for it in a couple of weeks on StoneGable's Menu with a link back to you!
    Thanks!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you will be eating well, this week. Enjoy.

    Come by and pick up an award. You so deserve it. You are doing an outstanding job here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was just telling my husband last week that I would like to find a good red bean and rice recipe that would be filled with protein for him (and that he would like.) I think this is it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Miz Helen-I love red beans and rice, and your recipe is so comforting and delicious. it would be such a great idea to make it in the slow cooker. Yumm!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sounds so comfy n homey..wonderful colors n flavors!


    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this recipe thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Miz Helen - red beans and rice are so delicious, I love your bacon and sausage in this - I know my husband would love this. Thanks for sharing it with us at the Hearth and Soul Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, my husband thanks you for this! He said, yes please!

    ReplyDelete
  14. holy cow,these look amazing! i know they would be a welcomed treat in my house. simply mouthwatering. thank you for sharing with tuesday night supper club.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello!

    Stopping by for the first time! I just had a great time perusing many of your posts! Such a sweet place you have here.

    Thank you for leaving your comment on my blog. So nice to meet you!

    Kindly, Lorraine

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your visit has been very special. I look forward to your comments, they are like opening little gifts. Thank you for stopping by and hurry back!
Miz Helen