Whats For Dinner Next Week:Cran-Pomegranate Spaghetti

It is really starting to get cold here and its starting to look like Christmas everywhere. I am just pouring myself some spiced tea would you like a cup? I like to keep this tea ready during the holiday's to serve my friends when they drop by. The recipe for the Spiced Tea  is in my cook book "Miz Helen's Kitchen Table". I am excited to share the menu and my new Cran-Pomegranate Spaghetti with you this week, I hope you will like it.

Feature Recipe
Cran-Pomegranate Spaghetti



I had so much fun developing this Feature Recipe I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!

Saturday
Oven Bar B Que Ribs
Colorful Cole Slaw
Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Corn Bread
Buttermilk Pie

Sunday 
Pot Roast
with
Root Vegetables
Tossed Green Salad
Yeast Rolls
Southwest Brulee
Link:Southwest Brulee

Monday
From the Left Over Roast
Roast Beef Hash
on
Texas Toast
Pear Salad
Lemon Pound Cake

Tuesday
Feature Recipe
Cran-Pomegranate Spaghetti
Tossed Green Salad
Garlic Bread
Lemon Pound Cake
with
Blueberries and Sauce

Wednesday
Chicken Curry
Rice
Steamed Asparagus
Whole Wheat Bread Sticks
Cranberry Yogurt

 Thursday
Veggie Sir Fry
Over
Rice Noodles
Fortune Cookies

Friday
Pizza Night

Cran-Pomegranate Sauce



Cran-Pomegranate Spaghetti
Miz Helen's Kitchen
4 servings of Dry Spaghetti
4 cups of Broccoli Florets Steamed
1 pound Italian Sausage browned
1 teaspoon Oregano
2 teaspoons dried Sweet Basil
1/2 teaspoon Thyme
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon black ground pepper
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
Seeds from 1 Pomegranate
24 ounces Cran-Pomegranate Juice
  • Steam the Broccoli and set aside. 
  • Brown the Sausage and add the Broccoli, Pomegranate Seeds and all the seasons. Mix well keep on simmer.
  • Cook the Spaghetti for 5 minutes in boiling salted water. Drain the Spaghetti
  • Pour the Cran-Pomegranate Juice into a large skillet. Bring the juice to a boil then add the drained Spaghetti.
  • Cook the Spaghetti in the juice for 5 minutes and drain the liquid into the simmering Sausage and Broccoli mixture.
  • Add the toasted pine nuts to the Sausage and Broccoli mixture and toss well.
  • Plate the Spaghetti and pour the Sausage and Broccoli over the Spaghetti. 
  • To serve shave Parmesan cheese over the top.
I hope that you are going to have as much fun as we are getting ready for Christmas. It is always good to have you visit us and we hope that you will come back soon!
Peace and Joy
Miz Helen
This Post is Linked to:
Christmas Menu
Tempt My Tummy Tuesday
Slightly Indulgent Tuesday
Hearth and Soul Hop
Tuesday At The Table
Tasty Tuesday
Dr. Laura's Tasty Tuesday
Hunk of Meat Monday
Menu Plan Monday
Foodie Friday
Fat Camp Friday
Pot Luck Friday
Food On Friday 

























Miz Helen
Miz Helen

Cookbook Author, Recipe Developer, Organic Gardner.


Comments

  1. What a unique combination. I would be interested in trying it. It has so many good for you ingredients in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Miz Helen! I haven't had a chance to visit much...my dad's just had bypass surgery over Thanksgiving and it's been a little crazy around here! I hope you had a great Thanksgiving! I wanted to thank you for the blog award! It was so sweet of you to think of me! I want to pass it on, but haven't had a chance yet! Your menu looks wonderful and the Cran-Pom spaghetti looks amazing!! Really amazing! Thanks for sharing.
    ~Holly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your menu sounds delicious! By the time I get home from working at school every day, I go the easy route for quick & easy recipes. My favorite is to pick up a rotisserie chicken and cook veggies at home. :)
    Thanks for stopping by Healthy Home Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How interesting! I never considered putting pomegranates in pasta before. Miriam@Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a dish I would never think of making, but it looks great! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Miz Helen, you are too cute for words! I'm so happy I found your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Miz Helen, I never know what I will find when I come for a visit! I love that you are an "out of the box" thinker and doer! Getting ready for Christmas is such a busy time, but I love it. My little house has not had a tree in a couple of years, but this year we will not be treeless! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks wonderful! I love cran-pom juice, but have never even thought for a glimmer of an inspirational moment about cooking with it! How delicious! Thank you so much for linking to Friday Potluck (I'm featuring you next week!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an interesting combination of flavors. Sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the kind comment. Your menu looks amazing this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a pretty looking spaghetti - am bookmarking to try sometime. have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so intrigued by that spaghetti!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, my! This looks so festive! And I love pasta! I can imagine the tartness of pom complementing any saltiness and spiciness of meat. Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  14. meal plan looks like some good eating is going on

    ReplyDelete
  15. Now that's different and too cute! Looks great and festive!

    I'd love for you to stop by What's Cooking Wednesday tonight (and each week) to share one of your recipes!

    Hope to see you there!
    Cristi
    http://thekingscourt4.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your menu sounds tasty and full of variety. I would love for you to join me for Merry, Merry Munchies next week.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would have never thought of that - sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You were truly inspired - I would never have thought to cook with cran- pom juice. I bet it adds just the right amount of flavor to this dish to make it extraordinary! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Hearth and Soul Hop!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your visit has been very special. I look forward to your comments, they are like opening little gifts. Thank you for stopping by and hurry back!
Miz Helen