Southwest Brulee

Garden To Table Dessert

We are so glad you could stop by for dessert today. I have been having so much fun developing new recipes for all the butternut squash that we harvested from our garden. I just finished this one and you are just in time to enjoy it.





Southwest Brulee
Miz Helen's Kitchen
Ingredients
2 cups butternut squash puree
2 eggs
1 3/4 cups heavy cream
2 tablespoons sugar (optional)
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 teaspoons brown sugar per ramekin for topping
1 teaspoon butter
Directions
Stir together the squash puree, eggs, cream, sugar, salt, cinnamon, chili powder, cumin, and cayenne.
Butter the inside of the ramekin and pour the mix in the ramekin's.   Place the ramekin's in a 9X13 baking dish in a bain-marie. Bain marie is a french term for hot water bath.
Pour hot water in the pan around the ramekins until it is 1/4 of the way up on the ramekins.
Bake 400 degrees for 10 minutes then reduce heat to 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until set. To check the set insert a silver knife in the center of the dish, if it comes out clean it is set.
Remove from the oven and let set for 10 minutes. Sprinkle the brown sugar on the top of the brulee and torch with a kitchen torch until the sugar is caramelized. Refrigerator for 1 hour before serving. Garnish with a sprig of mint or cilantro.
Print Recipe



Enjoy!

Oh why in the world did you ask me about those calories? Its a treat...we are so glad that you came by to enjoy the Southwest Brulee with us. Come back soon...
Peace and Joy
Miz Helen
This Post is Linked to:
Christmas Menu
Whats For Dinner Next Week

















Miz Helen
Miz Helen

Cookbook Author, Recipe Developer, Organic Gardner.


Comments

  1. This is one yummy dessert! Would love to try one. Looks very delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This recipe looks so good, so original, I can't wait to try it!
    I've been getting butternut squashes in my CSA box. It'll be fun to try a new recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How amazing and tasty!!!! What a fantastic idea Miz Helen. Will you be my new best friend? I'm learning all kinds of amazing ideas for squash... bet it would be great with the speckled pumpkin-like squash I've got, or even some acorn squash too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Miz Helen,

    You know I love butternut squash. What a terrific recipe...marrying butternut and brullee. Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh..dosent the harvest from own garden taste all the more yum always?
    Love the brilliant recipes you are coming up with butternut squash!
    That browing with torch is totally pro!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGosh I don't think I could wait the 1 hour to eat them. That just sounds wonderful!! I will have to make it and the best part I'm the only one that likes squash! YUM YUM

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds really good! I haven't made anything with butternut squash, but this sounds like a good recipe to try!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I heard a Little Birdie helped you with this one...fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These some really tasty. Loving the butternut recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for linking to THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS, we appreciate you sharing your recipe with us! We invite you to come back next Monday for a St. Patrick's Day Celebration, linking "ANYTHING GREEN"!!!

    http://momscrazycooking.blogspot.com/search/label/THIS%20WEEKS%20CRAVINGS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Where else could anyone get that kind of info written in such a perfect way? I have a presentation that I am presently working on, and I have been on the look out for such information. utah cash for gold

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your visit has been very special. I look forward to your comments, they are like opening little gifts. Thank you for stopping by and hurry back!
Miz Helen