Ham Salad Puffs

This is such a busy time of the year, we are very busy entertaining or being invited to other events. Sometimes we are asked to bring  little Holiday Goodies. I often times have left over ham in the freezer and this is a great way to use it, other than in my beans or a casserole.



Ham Lettuce Cups




Ham Salad
Miz Helen's Kitchen
Ingredients
3 cups coarsely Chopped Baked Ham
2 tablespoons Spicy Mustard
1/2 cup real mayonnaise
1/2 cup Greek Yogurt
2/3 cup Sweet Pickle Relish or Dill Pickle Relish
2 tablespoons fresh parsley
2 tablespoons fresh chives
Dash Cayenne Pepper
1/2 cup chopped roasted pecans
1/2 cup dried cranberries
Directions
In the food processor place the chopped ham and process until finely chopped
Remove the ham and place into mixing bowl
Stir in the remaining ingredients and mix well
Chill before serving
Print Recipe

Process Ham In Food Processor


Mix Well With Other Ingredients


 The Puff Recipe is Posted at This Link:Cream Puffs


Enjoy!


This is a very versatile dish. It has served many a Afternoon Tea, Ladies Luncheon, Christmas or New Years Party. It would just be good anytime. I sure hope you enjoy it and  hope to see you soon...
Peace and Joy
Miz Helen
















Miz Helen
Miz Helen

Cookbook Author, Recipe Developer, Organic Gardner.


Comments

  1. I have never made ham salad! This looks like a fantastic recipe! I can't wait to try it, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look sooooo wonderful! I am putting them on my must try list! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the ham lettuce cups! Looks so good. Hope you are having a fabulous Christmas holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH YUMMY!!! I bet the boys will love this, thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year Miz Helen!

    The Ham Puffs recipe sounds great! I have never made a ham salad either- we don't eat much ham because so many times it is very salty. This recipe makes me want to try some again though!
    The salad would be good on endive spears, and what about filling cherry tomatoes with it? Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a neat recipe. I'm always tired of anything remotely sweet about December 26th. I think I'll give these a whirl. I have leftover ham, too! Thanks for a great recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Miz Helen, these look great. Leftover ham has never been treated so well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Boy does that look good. I love ham salad.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your ham puffs look delicious. I really want to try out your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These sound and look delicious, and what a good use of leftover ham.

    -Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those ham puffs look yummy! Wish I had one now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how delicious - I really love the different flavors in your ham salad - thanks for sharing this with us at the Hearth and Soul Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an interesting twist. My husband would love this.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the Ham Salad recipe. I love your Puffs recipe. I made them last week and filled them with Lemon Curd, now I'll try the Ham Salad.

    Wishing you a wonderful 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good idea for filling cream puffs, other than with cream, which I confess I'd limited them to. Egg salad, chicken salad or even tuna salad would also be great in there.

    ReplyDelete
  16. i just picked up a big ham at the grocery, on a whim...thank goodness i have this for some of my leftovers! thank you for sharing with tuesday night supper club and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just made your cream puffs and they are GREAT. I will be posting them on my blog soon. I have a question about making them savory though. We do not eat pork in our house, do you have any other suggestions for a savory filling? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Elsa,
    I am so glad you ask the question about other options for the Savory Filling. You can use this exact same recipe and substitute the ham with ground chicken, or turkey.I would leave out the mustard for the chicken or turkey. A good Tuna Salad or a cream cheese, cucumber and dill mix. Yum...I need to go back to the kitchen. Please let me know what you come with. Thanks for trying the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just bought a big ham on sale -- this sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Miz Helen, love this. Would you like to share this with the other participants in Food on Friday over at Carole's Chatter? I have a weekly link up party – each week there is a different ingredient or theme. The current theme is Salads.

    You can see upcoming themes in one of the pages at the top of my home page. If you would like to join in the fun please schedule a reminder for each week. The collection starts at 7am Friday New Zealand time – which is probably some time Thursday your time – I do find time zones quite confusing. Hope to see you soon. Cheers, Carole

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your visit has been very special. I look forward to your comments, they are like opening little gifts. Thank you for stopping by and hurry back!
Miz Helen