Whats For Dinner Next Week: Orange Glazed Cornish Game Hens

I am so happy that you could come over to pick up some of these wonderful Collard Greens from our garden. We really do have more than we can eat right now and please take some of this beautiful Rainbow Swiss Chard. We are going to be busy this week. We have decided that since the weather is so beautiful it will be a perfect time to take some Day Trips that we have been planning. I will be sharing those with you in a future post. Oh my where does the time go, we better get busy with our menu for this week.

The Feature Recipe Sunday
Orange Glazed Cornish Game Hens 
With
 Cranberry Rice Dressing

Saturday
Day Trip to the City
Woo Hoo !
Lunch with Friends
Dinner with Friends

Sunday
Orange Glazed Cornish Game Hens
With
 Cranberry Rice Dressing
Brussels Sprouts
Apple and Kale Slaw
Homemade Yeast Rolls
Pumpkin Cranberry Nut Bundt Cake

Monday
Navy Beans With Ham Hock's
Baked Seasoned Potato Wedges
Green Tossed Salad
 Herb Corn Bread
Left Over Pumpkin Cake

Tuesday
Stuffed Acorn Squash
Steamed Green Beans
Fruit Salad
Whole Wheat Cottage Rolls
Spicy Butterscotch Pudding

Wednesday
Leonard's Favorite Goulash
Green Vegetable Salad
Garlic Bread
Sugar Cookies and Blue Bell

Thursday
Pepper Steak Stir Fry
Over
Rice Noodles
Fortune Cookies

Friday
The Winning Chili
Texas Star Chili Cook Off Link:The Winning Chili
Baked Tortilla Chips

Orange Glazed Cornish Game Hen
Prepare the Vegetables and Orange for Stuffing
Prepare to Bake the Cornish Game Hen's
Enjoy!

Orange Glazed Cornish Game Hen
2 Cornish Game Hen's 1 1/2 pound each
2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon pepper
3 teaspoons thyme
1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1 stalk celery medium chop
1 carrot medium chop
1 small onion medium chop
2 cloves garlic minced
1 orange medium chop with peeling on
3 cups fresh cranberries
1 cup fresh orange juice with heavy pulp
  • Thoroughly wash the Cornish Game Hen's. Rub the skin with the extra virgin olive oil. 
  • Chop the celery, onion, garlic, carrot and orange then sprinkle them with half the season's. Stuff the cavity of the Hen's with the vegetable and orange mix. Sprinkle the Hen's with the other half of the season's. 
  • Place the Hen's in a baking or roasting pan, pour the fresh cranberries around the Hen's. Pour the fresh orange juice over the Hen's and the fresh cranberries. 
  • Cover the baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees 1 hour, then remove the cover. 
  • Bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 20 minutes until the Hen's are browned.
I served the Hens with a wonderful rice and cranberry dressing. I will post the rice and cranberry dressing on Monday so be sure and come back and get that recipe.(Link to Cranberry Rice Dressing) You will want to have it for your holiday recipe collection. I hope you have a wonderful week end, see you soon.
Peace and Joy
Miz Helen
This Post is Linked to:
Slightly Indulgent Tuesday
Hearth and Soul Hop
Tempt My Tummy Tuesday
Tuesday At The Table
Tasty Tuesday
Menu Plan Monday
Hunk of Meat Monday
Foodie Friday
Friday Favorites 





























Miz Helen
Miz Helen

Cookbook Author, Recipe Developer, Organic Gardner.


Comments

  1. I've never even had a cornish hen! This looks wonderful with the cranberries and the orange glaze! You're saving some for me, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was a very young bride (that would be a million years ago) I used to make cornish hens all the time. They were easy and at the time economical..I need to try your recipe and surprise my husband...I wonder if he will remember.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so good! I've never made a cornish hen before so I'm looking forward to trying it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks delicious! I have never tried cooking hens with cranberries, fresh cranberries are really expensive and are not easy to find. Perhaps I could use the frozen ones instead! Thank you for sharing this lovely recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Mom you've done it again! These look amazing. You know how I don't really like to cook, but as usual you are an inspiration. I'm going to try these this week. Thank goodness for Central Market and Whole Foods! :) Don't forget the rice recipe! Love you mucho!

    Bre

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Cornish Hens look amazing. I can't wait to try your recipe! Hope you will be posting your Homemade Yeast Roll recipe. I am so glad I stopped by......hope you come for a visit:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love cornish game hens - so flavorful and succulent! Your recipe sounds fantastic! Also, I wanted to tell you about the Giveaway I'm hosting this week - I'd love it if you stopped by :)

    CSN Giveaway @ EKat's Kitchen

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never tried a cornish game hen. I wish I could try yours especially with that orange glaze. Hope you will be posting your yeast roll recipe too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great looking dinner! I have not prepared many of these little hens, but this needs to be cooked, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks good I love cornish hens . You make me proud to be a Texan! Please stop by and link up with me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks delicious! I was surprised to see the word "Cornish" used so far afield - I'm not sure if it is actually a breed of hen from Cornwall or not and google seems to be failing me at the moment hehe.

    Either way, thanks for sharing the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my heavens! This is my first time to your site and I think I would love for you to adopt me! I'm just down the road in Austin. Your menu for the week sounds devine. I love it and I will think of you all week with utter jealousy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a yummy looking dish! Thanks for linking up for Friday Favorites! Hope you'll link up with us again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Miz Helen! You are SUCH a tease! I would totally LOVE some of your fresh collards and chard. I tell everyone, I know I am strange, but I adore greens more than chocolate. Now of course, If you dont put them in bacon grease, well, leave them on the plate! lol Your game hens look lovely and I hope you have some wonderful day trips. Sometimes those mini vacations from housework are such a joy! all the best and thank you so much for sharing on the hearth and soul hop this week! Alex

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your visit has been very special. I look forward to your comments, they are like opening little gifts. Thank you for stopping by and hurry back!
Miz Helen