Blackberry Cobbler


Blackberry Cobbler

Blackberry Cobbler at Miz Helen's Country Cottage
We had some nice spring rain and our Blackberry bushes have really produced. The berries are sweet and juicy this year. I always look forward to the berries so we can have a fresh Blackberry Cobbler. I even freeze the berries from year to year so that I can make this family favorite any time of the year. Although we can have it in any season, the best one every year is the first one when we can take it to the porch just as the sun is setting on a beautiful summer day, that has to be a little bit of heaven.

From The Garden To The Table

Blackberry Cobbler at Miz Helen's Country Cottage

Fresh Blackberries Picked This Morning

Blackberry Cobbler at Miz Helen's Country Cottage

Prepare The Fruit Mixture

Blackberry Cobbler at Miz Helen's Country Cottage

Ready To Bake

Blackberry Cobbler at Miz Helen's Country Cottage
Baked and Ready To Serve
Blackberry Cobbler
Miz Helen's Kitchen
Ingredients
For The Fruit
4 cups Blackberries, fresh or frozen
1- 1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon all spice
3 tablespoons corn starch
1/2 cup water for corn starch
1/4 cup water for berries if needed
For The Batter
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1-1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 stick real unsalted butter, melted
1 cup cold milk
Directions For The Fruit
In a medium saucepan, place the sugar for the fruit, cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice, mix well.
Add the berries and mix well with the sugar mixture, put the lid on the sauce pan and let set for 30 minutes.
Mix the corn starch to 1/2 cup water and dissolve the corn starch and set aside.
Take the lid of the sauce pan and place the pan on the burner, bringing the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly, add the 1/4 cup of water to the mix if there is not enough liquid at this point.
Stirring constantly, pour the corn starch mix into the hot fruit mixture and stir until the mixture begins to thicken.
Remove from heat and let set.
Directions for The Batter
In a large mixing bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
Melt the butter and pour the butter into a 9X13 baking dish.
Pour the milk into the flour and sugar mixture and mix until the batter is smooth.
Put The Cobbler Together
Pour the batter on top of the melted butter in the baking dish.
Carefully spoon the blackberry mixture on top of the batter until there is a generous amount on the batter.
Bake at 375 degrees for 30 to 45 minutes, just until the crust is turning light brown.
Serve hot and garnish with ice cream or whipping cream.
Tip
If you have left over blackberry mixture it is delicious on waffles and pancakes, also a great topper for ice cream.
Print Recipe
Pin For Later
Blackberry Cobbler at Miz Helen's Country Cottage
This Cobbler Is Ready To Serve
Blackberry Cobbler at Miz Helen's Country Cottage
Serve Without Ice Cream
Blackberry Cobbler at Miz Helen's Country Cottage
Serve With Ice Cream
Blackberry Cobbler at Miz Helen's Country Cottage
Enjoy!

I sure am glad you could come over, sit on the porch and have Blackberry Cobbler with us today as the sun sets on this beautiful summer day. Hope you have a great week and come back real soon!
Peace and Joy
Miz Helen

This Post Is Linked To These Great Linky Parties

Miz Helen
Miz Helen

Cookbook Author, Recipe Developer, Organic Gardner.


Comments

  1. What a delicious looking cobbler, Miz Helen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks wonderful! My blackberry bushes are loaded but not nearly ripe yet. I love blackberry dumplings also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cobbler is so tempting- I can't wait for blackberry picking! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks absolutely DELICIOUS !!
    I so wish I could taste it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks just wonderful Miz Helen! I love, love blackberries. We used to have a great big bush in our back yard before we moved here to Brazil. I miss them (never have seen them once to purchase down here----the only berry is strawberries:) Hope you have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll bet this is like a bit of heaven in a bowl! I love any kind of berries and hope to make this soon. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never made a cobbler, though they are tasty. I just might have to try this one! ;)

    Swinging over from Lou Lou's link party!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks amazing! I always make dumplings, but this looks so much easier...I can't wait to try it soon. Thanks for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooo, i do love blackberry ANYthing...this sure looks good.
    was going to tell you that when i get your comments in my email, i try to send you a little note but it always has a no-reply in the address...wonder why your email address isn't there? ANYway, it's no problem 'cause i just come to your blog.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice i like this post.i do love blackberry ANYthing...this sure looks good.
    iphone

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh, Miz Helen, this is such a scrumptious dish! I saw this over at Tasty Tuesdays and how delightful to find it was your dish! I need some of that now - with loads of ice cream, lol. Can I PLEASE come to your house!!
    Hope you're having a fabulous week :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You just can't go wrong with a good cobbler! Delish. I found you through Tasty Tuesday and I would love to have you link this on my party too, if you like : http://yumeating.com/yuck-stops-13-stoptheyuck/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all of your recipes, Miz Helen, but this one just looks amazing! Pinning to the Tasty Tuesday group board and my personal boards! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. My in laws have gone blackberry picking crazy lately, and I have been blessed to reap the benefits! However I am running out of ideas, this one looks perfect though! Thank you so much for linking up at Tasty Tuesday! Your recipe has been pinned to the Tasty Tuesday Pinterest board! Please join us again this week

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your Blackberry Cobbler looks delicious, Miz Helen! What a lovely taste of summer. I like the spices you have used as well. Thank you for sharing it with us at the Hearth and Soul hop.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks incredible! Amber loved it so much that we will be featuring it at our next party! Woo Hoo! Pinned. Happy Saturday! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm pinning this I never have recipes for blackberries and there are a lot around here in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh that looks awesome! I wish we had black berry bushes around here. Sad face. Thanks for linking it up to Snickerdoodle Sunday! Hope to see you again next week! - Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love cobblers and this one looks so delicious! I enjoy bringing fruits/vegetables in from the garden to use!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, this blackberry cobbler looks amazing, Helen! Will you be eating some of that today for July 4th?

    Thanks for sharing it at the Say G'Day Saturday linky party! I've pinned it and given your post a +1!

    Best wishes and happy 4th of July!
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love blackberry cobbler. They grew wild where I grew up at...and we used to pick them for our mother to make us a cobbler. My mom called it blackberry doobie.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your visit has been very special. I look forward to your comments, they are like opening little gifts. Thank you for stopping by and hurry back!
Miz Helen