Full Plate Thursday 4-24-14

Full Plate Thursday Where The Greatest Cooks On The Planet Gather

Come on in, I am so excited to see you today, we are all on the back porch just visiting while we are waiting for everyone to arrive with all the wonderful food that we are going to have today. I am so excited that we can be outdoors again and enjoy this beautiful spring weather we are having,(at last)! We have several beverages on the beverage bar today and some great snacks that the ladies brought. I am sharing a Citrus Herb Chicken, Roasted Potatoes, Onions and Swiss Chard for the party today. Be sure and read the story about how that recipe came to be. Lets get all this food on the table so we can eat!

Citrus Herb Chicken, Roasted Potatoes, Onions and Swiss Chard



This Is How I Filled My Plate Last Week
Breakfast
Morning Snack
Lunch
Afternoon Snack
Dinner

Preserving and Canning Food

Your Favorite

If Your Recipe Is Featured Today Please Take The Red Plate Home

The Code Is On The Side Bar

Background On Full Plate Thursday
When we were young and just starting out in life sometimes we did not have a lot of money. Most of our friends were having to stretch the dollars at the end of the month just like us. My girlfriends and I decided that we would pool our food for some of the evening meals right before payday... the last week of the month. I have some of the fondest memories from those days. We would all bring our food together and we had some great food and great fellowship. We would get the food on the table and everything ready, someone would bless the food and then the hostess would say "come fill your plate".
Party Guidelines
Please Link your Recipes or Food Related Post Only
Please include a link back to Full Plate Thursday somewhere on your post.
Please visit with all the others, after all that is part of the fellowship that makes it so much fun, in addition to all the good food of course.
When you link to Full Plate Thursday, you are giving me permission to use a photo or link from your post in a feature post or this blog, on Pinterest, or Face Book and other social media. Every week, I feature many of your recipes on the next Full Plate Thursday, What's For Dinner Next Week, and I pin the entire party to a dedicated page and many of your individual recipes to Pinterest.
Thank You So Much For Coming Today and Come Back Soon!
Miz Helen
Miz Helen

Cookbook Author, Recipe Developer, Organic Gardner.


Comments

  1. Thanks so much for the party - Alice @ Mums Make Lists

    ReplyDelete
  2. The citrus herb chicken looks so good, Miz Helen. I hope you and Leonard had a Happy Easter. Thank you so much for hosting and enjoy your week. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for hosting the party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Miz Helen! Enjoy that nice weather!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for hosting the party, Miz Helen. Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. As always great linky party. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so happy you are finally porch sittin! Thanks for choosing my maple bacon wrapped pear salad for your Full Plate, it is heaven! Have a great time with your friends~
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for the party. I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Miz Helen for the party :)
    Enjoy the weekend

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for hosting, and have a great weekend Miz Helen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning, Miz Helen,
    I am a meal planner too but I have to admit I don't check the weather - now that's organization and I'm in awe! lol. Love chicken and roast potatoes - and your flavours look fantastic! Thanks so much for hosting as well as taking the time each week to visit with your kind comments. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So wonderful that you can sit outside...we are still a month or so away from weather warm enough for that... thanks for the party and enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad your weather is nice and thank you so much for including my asparagus on your plate. I am thrilled. Thanks for hosting each week and I hope you have a lovely weekend.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for hosting the party, Miz Helen! I love joining you each week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for hosting a great link party Helen. Always something wonderful here.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Miz Helen,
    The food looks wonderful here today, and it's especially good to see so many springtime dishes. I hope you have a great week --
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope you had a blessed Easter, Miz Helen. Thank you for hosting and enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great selection of dishes. I would be in heaven if we all gathered to have all this food together. That would be quite a dinner party. :-) Thank you so much for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for another great party :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks so much for hosting, Helen! Linked up my post, "Easy HOMEMADE KETCHUP (Probiotic!)” It's absolutely delicious and full of healthy probiotics. Hope you enjoy! Kids LOVE it. Perfect for the upcoming BBQ and picnic season! <3

    http://littleowlcrunchymomma.blogspot.com/2014/01/easy-homemade-ketchup.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you for hosting this great link up each week. Today I shared gluten free mini cupcakes with blueberry frosting. They are free of the top 8 allergens. My friend, Laura, over at Petite Allergy Treats wrote this for me as a guest post so I could take some time to be with my daughter, who had foot surgery. I hope you like these.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you for hosting Miz Helen and I hope you have a great weekend! :)

    Sandi @ A New York Foodie

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you Miz Helen for continuing to host a terrific party! Hope you have a good weekend.
    ~Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  24. Excited to have been featured this week!! Thank you. Have a wonderful Day

    ReplyDelete
  25. Didn't make something new this week with our Easter celebrations going on, so I am sharing an old favorite- my grandmother's Italian Pizzelles, which I did make for Easter. :-) Have a great weekend and thanks for hosting. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks so much for hosting again this week Miz Helen. I'm all about the season this week with Kale, Potatoes, and Green Garlic. Got to love those purple potatoes! Finn of course expected his share. Huggs to little Max. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Miz Helen,
    Thanks for hosting the party. Have a great weekend.
    Annamaria

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you so much for including my smoothie with your features this week, Miz Helen! All of them sound delicious, and that frozen strawberry pie is calling my name. :) Hope your weekend is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks Miz Helen for the fun party and have a wonderful weekend.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks so much for hosting, Miz Helen. Have a great weekend and enjoy the outdoors!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your visit has been very special. I look forward to your comments, they are like opening little gifts. Thank you for stopping by and hurry back!
Miz Helen