Man Cookies

Man Cookies have become a favorite at our cottage. I was at a ladies event just before the holidays and my friend Cindy brought these fabulous cookies to share. I asked her for the recipe and if it would be ok to share with my readers, she is so sweet of course she said yes. I can't keep enough of these cookies they just fly out of the cookie jar.

Man Cookies

Man Cookies
Miz Helen's Kitchen
4 Dozen Cookies
Ingredients
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup shortening
2 eggs 
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/3 cup coconut
1 cup chopped pecans
2 cups quick cooking oatmeal
Directions
In a mixing bowl with an electric mixer, cream sugars and shortening, mix until the mixture is very creamy.
Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, soda, and salt.
Stir the dry ingredient mix into the wet mixture, adding the dry mix a little at a time until it is blended well.
Stir in the coconut, oatmeal and pecans.
Drop 1 tablespoon at a time onto a  cookie sheet.
Bake at 375 degrees for 12 minutes.
Cool on a cooling rack.
Variations:
Substitute 1/4 cup butter and 3/4 cup shortening for 1 cup shortening.
Add 3/4 cup of dried cranberries or raisins.
Add 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
These cookies freeze well and it may be the only way you can hide them
Enjoy!

Great Gift For A Friend



A Nice Plate Of Cookies


Fill The Cookie Jar

Many thanks to my friend Cindy for her great recipe and I sure hope that all of you enjoy these Man Cookies as much as we have. Hope you have a great week and come back to see me real soon!
Peace and Joy
Miz Helen
Miz Helen

Cookbook Author, Recipe Developer, Organic Gardner.


Comments

  1. These sound delicious! =)
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hand will be reaching for the cookie jar all the time, these cookies look really delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They sound great, and with oatmeal is an interesting ingredient! Why does she call them Man cookies?
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your man cookies sound perfect for my cookie-monster, cookie-crazed man! I hope that you're having a wonderful new year full of many blessings, Miz Helen! Thank you for your kind well wishes on my blog! It's nice to have you visit!
    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look great and sound delicious
    I just loooooooooove oat meal in cookies :)
    Funny name these cookies have...:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These sound so good but my Man will not touch coconut or eat a cookie with nuts :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love oatmeal and coconut and I would be reaching in your cookie jar, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want a cookie.....right now. I am such a cookie monster and with coconut, pecans and oatmeal, this one can't miss!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look great!!!!! Stopping by from Foodtastic Friday. ~ Angela @ http://lemoinefamilykitchen.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know funny enough I've never used shortening in cookies, I just never seem to have it on hand. Definitely want to try these. Thanks for sharing on the weekend re-Treat link party!

    Britni @ Play. Party. Pin.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stopping by from Sweet Tea Social - these cookies look wonderful. I know my man would love them but I think I would do.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nothing sissy like in these cookie… a real man can eat them with confidence. Thanks for sharing them with us on foodie friday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. pretty sure the men in my life would-be mighty happy with these!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mmm these look good. I came over just because of the name, I wanted to know what made for a "man cookie"! These just look so tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These look wonderful........I copied off the recipe to try for my family. Thank you for sharing it. :)
    Gentle Joy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gotta love this name! I like that I can get a good cookie and a laugh too.
    Thanks for sharing, Miz Helen.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love cookies, and these sound delish ..............andi

    ReplyDelete
  18. Miz Helen, I love a good hearty chewy cookie like this one! Pecans, oats, coconut- all the best cookie ingredients! I saw these at Sweet Tea Social, and I'm so glad you shared them at Treasure Box Tuesday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yum! http://apeekintomyparadise.com/2013/03/peanut-butter-chocolate-chip-cupcakes-with-peanut-butter-frosting.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. P.S. I have pinned and tweeted, and I may just have to bake a batch right. now. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those sound delicious. My husband loves cookies with oatmeal, so these will for sure please him. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friday

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the oatmeal these cookies have in, they look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  23. We love all cookies here, lol. I can't wait to try these. Thanks for linking up with "Try a New Recipe Tuesday." I look forward each week to what you will share. :-) http://our4kiddos.blogspot.com/2014/02/try-new-recipe-tuesday-february-25.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your visit has been very special. I look forward to your comments, they are like opening little gifts. Thank you for stopping by and hurry back!
Miz Helen