Nutty Brittle

We love a good Peanut Brittle and one day we decided to use some mixed nuts in our Brittle and our Nutty Brittle was developed. This is a great option for the old fashioned Peanut Brittle that we really enjoy or you can just have the old fashioned Peanut Brittle, its a great option.

Nutty Brittle

Nutty Brittle at Miz Helen's Country Cottage

Nutty Brittle
Miz Helen's Kitchen
Ingredients
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup light corn syrup
1 cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
3 tablespoons butter
2 cups mixed nuts or peanuts
Directions
Butter two 15 X 12 cookie sheets and keep at room temperature
Mix the baking soda and the vanilla in a tablespoon water and set aside
In a very heavy sauce pan, mix sugar,corn syrup and water. Cook over medium heat stirring until the mixture reaches 240 degrees on the candy thermometer, or drop a small amount of the mixture into a cold cup of water and it should form a soft ball
Stir in butter and nuts, cook stirring constantly to 300 degrees on the candy thermometer, or drop a small amount of the mixture into a cold cup of water and it should form a hard ball
Be careful not to burn the mixture, quickly stir in the baking soda and vanilla, the mixture will become light and fluffy
Quickly pour the mixture onto the buttered cookie sheets
Cool at least 2 hours in a cool place
Break into pieces, enjoy some and store the remaining candy in a covered container.

Start With Fresh Nuts

Nutty Brittle at Miz Helen's Country Cottage

Let It Cool

Nutty Brittle at Miz Helen's Country Cottage

 Crack It

Nutty Brittle at Miz Helen's Country Cottage

Enjoy!

Nutty Brittle at Miz Helen's Country Cottage



Of course, this is always better with a friend and I sure am glad you could enjoy it with me today. Thank you so much for stopping by today I always look forward to your visits, and come back to see me real soon!
Peace and Joy
Miz Helen
Miz Helen

Cookbook Author, Recipe Developer, Organic Gardner.


Comments

  1. This is my kind of post. my kind of treat!!
    I simply looooooooooooove what I see here
    Definitely something I need to make :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love peanut brittle - I'll have to try it with mixed nuts sometime. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who doesn't love a good nutty treat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mixed nuts sound like the perfect thing to make brittle, Miz Helen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Miz Helen,
    Brittles is one of my favourite snack. This looks addictive, I would never stop at just one or two! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the idea of using mixed nuts, Miz Helen! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just found this recipe from the Will Cook for Smiles link party and it looks so good. And it's perfect for the recipe link party that just went live on my website Future Expat. Today's theme is SUGAR...so feel free to link this up and any other of your sweet sugary recipes.

    http://futureexpat.com/2013/12/required-ingredient-sugar/

    Every link gets posted to Pinterest and the featured recipes each week also get highlighted on social media sites too. Would love to have you join us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the vanilla in your brittle.. looks great. Merry Christmas and thank you for being part of foodie friday each week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks delicious, Miz Helen. I love that you can use any nuts in your recipe as well. Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your visit has been very special. I look forward to your comments, they are like opening little gifts. Thank you for stopping by and hurry back!
Miz Helen