Full Plate Thursday 10-17-13

Full Plate Thursday Where The Greatest Cooks On The Planet Gather

It sure is good to see you today, it has been raining for 3 days now and we are just loving every minute of it.  Come on in the kitchen and gather round the table we are tasting the great Chili from  The Texas Star Chili Cook Off  with some of my Jalapeno Bread, sure hope you enjoy it.  I can't wait to see what you have brought today to share with us, don't you just love gathering round the table with friends for good food and conversation on a rainy day.  
Be Sure and Stop Over At The Chili Cook Off
Click on your favorite Chili and help someone win the Cook Off
or 
Bring Your Best Bowl of Chili and Enter 

This Is How I Filled My Plate Last Week
Breakfast 
Breakfast Nacho's   at Soup Spice Everything Nice
Morning Snack
Jelly Doughnut Muffins  at Living The Gourmet
Pumpkin Spice Apple Cider  at Carolina Heartstrings
Lunch
Rotel Soup Recipe  at Lamberts Lately
Honeycrisp Cobb Salad  at I Thee Cook
Lemon Zucchini Bread  at Penny's Vintage Home
Afternoon Snack
Monster Brownies  at Making Memories With Our Kids
Dinner
Better Than Fried Chicken  at Ragdoll Kitchen
Roasted Nacho Potatoes  at Mostly Homemade Mom
Parmesam Roasted Green Beans  at The Salty Kitchen
Almond Squash Pie  at Wine and Plum

If You Were Featured Today Please Take The Red Plate Home
 The Code Is On The Sidebar
Background Story For Full Plate Thursday  
When we were young and just starting out in life sometimes we did not have a lot of money.   Most of our friends were having to stretch the dollars at the end of the month just like us. My girlfriends and I decided that we would pool our food for some of the evening meals right before payday... the last week of the month. I have some of the fondest memories from those days. We would all bring our food together and we had some great food and great fellowship. We would get the food on the table and everything ready, someone would bless the food and then the hostess would say "come fill your plate".
Guidelines
When you link to Full Plate Thursday, you are giving me permission to use a photo or link from your Post in a feature post on this blog, on Pinterest, or Face Book and other social media. Every Week, I feature many of your Recipes on the next Full Plate Thursday, What's For Dinner Next Week, and I pin the entire party to a dedicated page and many of your individual recipes to Pinterest. 
Please include a link back to Full Plate Thursday somewhere on your post.
Please visit with all the others, after all that is part of the fellowship that makes it so much fun, in addition to all the good food of course. 
Thank You For Coming Today and Come Back Soon!

Miz Helen
Miz Helen

Cookbook Author, Recipe Developer, Organic Gardner.


Comments

  1. Thanks so much for the party - do come over and share at Empty Your Archive this week, we've got six fun new foodie themes this week, Alice @ Mums Make Lists

    http://mumsmakelists.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/empty-your-archive-28.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the party Miz Helen. I left a Chile Stew here. I am heading over to link up one of my best chili recipes for the cook off. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Miz Helen! I mad the southwest white bean stew for dinner tonight and can't wait to make those BBQ meatballs. Thanks for hosting and have a great week. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for hosting Miz Helen~ Stop by Turnips 2 Tangerines and join us for the Four Seasons Blog Hop~ Lynn @ Turnips 2 Tangerines

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Miz Helen -
    I've brought a pan of Fudge Brownies with Lentils and Cocoa today, rich and chewy. They're also gluten-free and can easily be dairy-free.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for another great party, Miz Helen!! I hope you're having a fabulous week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for hosting, Miz Helen! I enjoy linking up each week with you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for hosting, Miz Helen :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Miz Helen for the party!
    I wish you a wonderful weekend

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you are getting some welcome rain, Miz Helen. We are having a lot of that here, but also some sunshine which is very nice :-) Thank you so much for hosting the party. I'm sharing my Easy and Delicious Thanksgiving Stuffing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good Morning Miz Helen, Snap...... we have been having a lot of rain in the last few days aswell, it felt like it was never going to stop. Today, the sun has come out and I am going to peg my washing on the line to give it a good blow.
    I love the sound of your jalapeno bread, it sounds really interesting. I have shared my bacon and lentil soup today and do you know, I really think your bread would be a lovely accompaniment.
    I am looking forward to taking a look at all the fabulous recipes which everyone has shared.
    Enjoy your day.
    Best Wishes
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Thursday! We linked up a terrific soup today. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's raining here this morning too. I would love to have some of your chili and jalapeno bread. Thanks for hosting and I hope you have a great weekend.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  14. Miz Helen, thank you so much for hosting another great party! It's a dreary day here in Vermont perfect day for some of your chili!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for having the party. I'm glad you are getting some much needed rain. We have too. Today I shared my Texas Thai Tacos and my Orange Guajillo Sweet Potatoes. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Only a garderner would be loving 3 days of rain. Hope your warm and cozy. Thanks for the party Miz Helen.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for another FABULOUS link party Miz Helen!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks Miz Helen for the feature and the party! Going over to check out the chili recipes now. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Thursday Miz Helen! thanks for hosting such an awesome link party!! Linked my Soft Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookie for you to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you so much for featuring my chicken :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Always look forward to Full Plate Thursday! Thanks so much for hosting, Miz Helen. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks so much for hosting, Miz Helen! Hope you are having a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for hosting! What a great way to meet up with your girlfriends!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for hosting and enjoy that chili. cass-eats.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hello Miz Helen! I brought along some caramelised pears to your gathering!

    Hope you have a lovely weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks so much for hosting Miz Helen. I shared an old fashioned Homemade Chocolate Pudding recipe. It's soooooo delicious! {gluten free, refined sugar free + vegan option}

    Thanks again. ~ Emily @ Recipes to Nourish

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for hosting Miz Helen. I hope you join us to enter a giveaway, that I am sure you will love.

    Mely

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Miz Helen, happy to be able to bring a dish to your party this week. Hope you are enjoying fall in your neck of the woods. xo

    ReplyDelete
  29. Coming here makes me hungry. Thanks for hosting, Miz Helen!
    ~Stacy @ Stacy Makes Cents

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Miz Helen! Thanks so much for hosting. I hope little Max is well. I shared a gluten-free buckwheat dog biscuit recipe this week. No more scratching hounds at our house now! Who knew dogs could have wheat allergies? Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Dear Miz Helen, Thank you for featuring our Jelly Doughnuts. So happy to be linking up again this week. Many blessings, Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi Miz Helen,
    I'm bringing a basket of bread to share!
    Thank you for hosting, have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thank you so much for including my Lemon Zucchini Bread in this week features! Have a wonderful week end...Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  34. So sorry I missed this party Miz Helen. Life has been crazy the last couple of week's on my little homestead. Thank you for featuring my Pumpkin Pie Smoothie With Cinnamon Honey Whipped Cream, It's been on the menu a lot recently. Take care :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your visit has been very special. I look forward to your comments, they are like opening little gifts. Thank you for stopping by and hurry back!
Miz Helen