Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Canning and Preserving Foods Recipe Box




Some of my early memories as a child were of my Mother, Grandmothers and Aunts canning the harvest from the seasonal gardens.  I remember the flavor's of all those vegetables, soups and sauces and the value of the product when the season had long since passed.  It has been my desire to preserve those traditions and pass them on to other family and friends.  In some area's of our country the art of canning and preserving foods is almost lost.  This spring and summer we had a special feature for Canning and Preserving Foods on Full Plate Thursday.  All of you were very generous in sharing your skills and recipes with us every week and I would like to preserve those recipes in one place so this is the linky to do just that.  I really hope that you will enjoy this Recipe Box as much as I am going to.

Feel free to add ONLY Gardening, Canning and Preserving  post anytime as it will be open for a while, and you will be able to find it on my side bar.  I am so excited about filling this Recipe Box, please don't forget to link your post back and thank you so much for sharing your recipes!

Thanks So Much For Sharing Your Recipes

3 comments:

  1. Awesome ideas!!! Thanks Miz Helen!

    Lori
    Who Needs A Cape?
    Not Your Average Super Moms...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just noticed the BIG button on your sidebar for this linky -- talk about being late to the party! I'm so glad I did spot the button this afternoon and that you are keeping it open for a while. I added Cinnamon Pickles and a low sugar strawberry jam. And pinned to browse through later for what looks to be a treasure trove of good eats! Thank you for making this collection possible.

    ReplyDelete

Your visit has been very special. I look forward to your comments, they are like opening little gifts. Thank you for stopping by and hurry back!
Miz Helen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...