Mixed Berry Galette

We have had a  plentiful berry harvest this year and there is nothing like a Fresh Berry Galette dessert for dinner, a casual meal or a special afternoon treat.  This Mixed Berry Galette offers the freshness of the berries and the rustic appearance of the galette. We have served this lovely dessert for dinner parties and a simple lunch on the back porch.  I am excited to share it with you today.

Mixed Berry Galette




Mixed Berry Galette
Miz Helen's Kitchen
Ingredients
For The Crust
1 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons cold butter
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1-2 tablespoons ice water 
For The Filling
1/4 cup strawberries, sliced
1/4 cup raspberries
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon corn starch
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon sugar, for sprinkling
Directions
Preheat oven to 425 degrees
Line a baking pan with parchment paper
The Crust
In a small mixing bowl combine the flours, sugar, salt and coconut oil.  
Slowly add the ice water and using a fork stir until the dough atarts to come together.
Place the dough in the refrigerator  to chill while you mix the filling.
The Filling
In a small bowl addd the berries, sugar, vanilla, corn starch and lemon juice and stir gently to combine.
To Finish The Galette
Roll the dough out into a circle about 1/4 inch thick and place in the lined pan
Spread the berry mixture over the middle of the dough and fold the edge of the dough up over the filling about 1/2 inch
Sprinkle on the cinnamon sugar and bake for 18-20 minutes until the edges are golden and the filling is bubbly.  
Cool on the pan for 10 minutes
Slice and serve
Recipe Note
I doubled the filling amount so that we would have a more generous serving of the berries
 Adapted From It Bakes Me Happy
Prepare The Crust and The Filling



Let Cool



Slice



Serve



This One Is Just For You


Enjoy!

Thank you so much for stopping by today, your visits are always important to me. Hope you have a wonderful week and come back real soon!
Miz Helen
Miz Helen

Cookbook Author, Recipe Developer, Organic Gardner.


Comments

  1. We have picked so many berries in the last week...this would be a great treat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pie is sure to make anyone smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! I haven't made a galette in a long time, might just add it to the menu:@)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful dessert! I love the berry combination. I haven't baked in a long time, but this recipe is calling my name. Pinning this one for later. Great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miz Helen I'm so excited you picked this recipe! I love it so much, I just made it a couple if weeks ago again for my sister when she visited, she loved it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love galettes but haven't made them in awhile. Yours looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a perfect way to feature berries! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful - I bet it was delicious too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Miz Helen - it'a a terrific galette!
    Looking at the photo just makes me want to come over and eat it all :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh, that looks so fresh and delicious, what a fantastic choice. Seriously, it has me tempted to make one for dessert for my family for tonight. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Miz Helen you make such beautiful food! I love how perfect these berries look!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks fantastic - it makes me want to go out and get some berries right now!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful dessert! The crust looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, that looks so delicious. The crust looks nice and flaky!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love galettes, and yours just looks so full of delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lots of fresh berries in Maine right now so this is a no brainier dessert and suits my taste for simple with an emphasis on flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  17. All those berries look delicious! Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friday. I'm going to go check out that chocolate zucchini snack cake now.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello! I have found your blog via simply sweet home linky party! I have enjoyed looking through your blog!! And I am now a follower!! Just though I would let you know! :)

    Sarah Ortiz

    www.theortizs.blogspot.com

    PS I LOVE your recipes! Can't wait to try one out!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your galette sounds so yummy! I'm going to give your crust a try with some peaches I've been dying to bake.

    Mireya @myhealthyeatinghabits

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your visit has been very special. I look forward to your comments, they are like opening little gifts. Thank you for stopping by and hurry back!
Miz Helen