Garden to Table Gazpacho Salad

There is nothing better than the flavor of fresh Gazpacho and this salad is fresh and full of flavor.  We are so fortunate to have fresh peppers, tomatoes, onions and basil in our garden that this salad is one trip to the garden and then just put it together and enjoy.

Gazpacho Salad


Gazpacho Salad
Miz Helen's Kitchen
Ingredients
2 cups cucumber, diced
1/2 cup green bell pepper,diced
1/2 cup red bell pepper,diced
1/2 cup yellow bell pepper,diced
2 cups tomatoes, diced
1/4 cup red onion, diced
3/4 cup fresh basil, sliced
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
dash or two cayenne pepper
Directions
Wash, peel and remove the seeds from the cucumbers then dice
Dice the peppers tomatoes and onions
Cut the fresh basil in strips
Mix all the vegetables and basil in a serving bowl
Pour the vinegar, olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper into a jar, cover the jar and shake until the mixture is creamy
Pour the vinegar mixture over the vegetables and mix well
Let set covered in the refrigerator for 1 hour before serving
Serve cold

Chilled and Ready For A Covered Dish Dinner


Ready To Set On The Table

This is a great side salad that can be paired with any meal to create great flavors.  I sure am glad that you were able to stop by today and hope you are having a great day.  Come back to see us real soon!
Peace and Joy
Miz Helen
Miz Helen

Cookbook Author, Recipe Developer, Organic Gardner.


Comments

  1. Another fantastic dish for me :)
    It looks colorful and wonderful and I could eat almost everything by myself

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Winnie, I almost did eat the whole thing by myself, I just love this salad. Thanks for stopping by!
      Miz Helen

      Delete
  2. So pretty and colorful. Had this years ago and it was delicious so am sure your recipe is great. Lots of fine cutting and so pretty..... Andi

    ReplyDelete
  3. G'day! I LOVE the idea for this recipe, true!
    GREAT colorful dish for entertaining! Thank you!
    Cheers! Joanne
    http://www.facebook.com/whatsonthelist

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mm, that does look and sound fantastic. Makes me miss my garden though. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friday

    ReplyDelete
  5. This does look delicious, I wish we had a garden but a trip to the farmer's market would be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gazpacho salad is an excellent idea! Yum!! Miz Helen, I love having you at Foodtastic Friday! Thanks for coming as always!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yum yum yum! This looks amazing! I love that its garden fresh - thats the best! Pinning for later!

    I would love for you to share this (and any other post!) at my Life of the Party link up if you get a chance. Im going to poke around your blog a little more!
    http://thegrantlife.com/life-of-the-party-1/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This one goes right to the heart. It combines a lot of favorites and it would disappear quickly, if there is anything left to put on the table, after I start "Tasting". Thanks for sharing with My Meatless Mondays. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Miz Helen, this salad looks scrumptious! I'm so inspired by your series of garden to table recipes! Thank you for sharing your Gazpacho Salad with us at the Hearth and Soul hop. I hope you won't mind if I share it on Facebook with a photograph - of course I'll link back to your website and FB page. Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will definitely be doing this salad for my husband it will go great with our blackened fish. Stopping by from the shady porch.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, this looks so refreshing and full of garden bounty! It looks like the perfect meal for a muggy summer day :)

    Amy | Club Narwhal

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful salad. So full of fresh flavours! Thanks for sharing at Simple Supper Tuesday. Have a great week, Miz Helen!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful Miz Helen. My favorite salad by far :) Thanks for sharing at The Gathering Spot. My 12 T-Fal Stainless Steel Cookware set giveaway is live today. Stop over and enter. It's a beautiful set :) Have a wonderful Labor Day! http://tinyurl.com/mzlnccs

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad I found your recipe at Mostly Homemade Mondays! I am definitely going to make this lovely salsa from thr farm fresh tomatoes and cucumbers I get from my local farmer's market.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your visit has been very special. I look forward to your comments, they are like opening little gifts. Thank you for stopping by and hurry back!
Miz Helen