Garden to Table Roasted Beets

I was in the Super Market the other day and looked at a bunch of beets, there was 1 large beet and 2 small beets in a bunch and it was selling for $2.79 a bunch.  The thought ran through my mind how grateful I am that we have over a bushel of fresh beets ready for harvest in my garden.  Fresh roasted beets are delicious the roasting really brings out the earthy rich flavor of the beet.

Garden To Table Roasted Beets


Roasted Beets
Miz Helen's Kitchen
Ingredients
Fresh Beets Washed and Dryed
Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper
Directions
Cut the tops and most of the root stem off of the beet and wash them
Dry the beets by letting them sit out for a while or pat them dry
Place the beets in a heavy foil packet
Generously cover the beets with olive oil, salt and pepper
Seal the foil packet 
Place in a preheated 375 degree oven and roast for 1 1/2 hour
Remove the packet from the oven and set aside
Allow the beets to reach room temperature then peel the skin from the beet
The beets are ready for use in recipes or serve, they are delicious.

Starting With Fresh Beets From The Garden


This Is One Reason I Love Our Outdoor Kitchen It Is 
A Great Place To Clean Vegetables From The Garden
 

Wash The Beets


Dry The Beets


Roast The Beets


Let The Beets Cool



Peeled


Slice and Enjoy!


I sure am glad that  you stopped by today to help me with the beet harvest, it is so much fun with a friend to help.  Hope you have a fun week and come back to see me real soon!
Peace and Joy
Miz Helen

Miz Helen
Miz Helen

Cookbook Author, Recipe Developer, Organic Gardner.


Comments

  1. My Mom used to make beets almost every week. I didn't care much for beets when I grew up, and now I LOVE them.

    You made an easy and delicious dish :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Winnie, we really enjoy Fresh Roasted Beets.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. You're super lucky to have your own right in your backyard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a big fan of beets and these look delicious :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your visit has been very special. I look forward to your comments, they are like opening little gifts. Thank you for stopping by and hurry back!
Miz Helen