Full Plate Thursday 7-3-13


Full Plate Thursday Where The Greatest Cooks On The Planet Gather

Happy 4th of July
We Are Celebrating Freedom!

This Flag Is Flying Proud In Our Front Yard At The Cottage

We are going to be having so much fun today and I am so glad that you could come by and share with us.  Driving to the country early in the morning is so peaceful it will be a great day for a picnic. If you are celebrating Independence Day,  I want to wish each of you a great 4th of July weekend and don't forget to enjoy your freedom!  Lets get the food on the table I can't wait to see what everyone brought to share today.
 This Is How I Filled My Plate Last Week
Breakfast
Buttermilk Pancakes with Coconut Syrup  at Memories By The Mile
Morning Snack
Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Cookie  at Diane's Vintage Zest
Lunch
Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwich  at Growing Up Gabel
Baked Bean Casserole  at The Vegetarian Casserole Queen
Mini Key Lime Pies  at Flavors by Four
Southern Iced Fruit Tea  at Makin It Mo' Betta
Afternoon Snack
Festive 4th of July Cookies  at The Joys of Boys
Homemade Strawberry Soda  at Flour On My Face
Dinner
BBQ Style Chicken Thighs  at Living The Gourmet
Bacon Cheddar Potato Salad  at  Home Cooking Memories
Simple Summer Salad  at Mamal Diane
Avocada Corn Salad  at With A Blast
Baked Bean Casserole  at Happier Than A Pig In Mud
Preserving Food
Canned Zesty Pickled Asparagus  at Heavenly Savings

 If You Have Been Featured Today Please Take The Red Plate Home


The Code Is On The Side Bar

Background Story For Full Plate Thursday
When we were young and just starting out in life sometimes we did not have a lot of money. Most of our friends were having to stretch the dollars at the end of the month just like us. My girlfriends and I decided that we would pool our food for some of the evening meals right before payday... the last week of the month. I have some of the fondest memories from those days. We would all bring our food together and we had some great food and great fellowship. We would get the food on the table and everything ready, someone would bless the food and then the hostess would say "come fill your plate".
Guidelines
 When you link to Full Plate Thursday, you are giving me permission to use a photo or link from your Post in a feature post on this blog, on Pinterest, or Face Book Every Week, I feature many of your Recipes on the next Full Plate Thursday, and on What's For Dinner Next Week, and I pin many of your recipes to Pinterest.
Please include a link back to Full Plate Thursday somewhere on your post.
Please visit with all the others, after all that is part of the fellowship that makes it so much fun, in addition to all the good food of course.
Please leave me a comment and let me know you are here, I really do want to be a good hostess.
Now God Bless You and Your Food and Everyone Fill Your Plate! 
 Thank You So Much For Coming Today and Come Back Soon!
Miz Helen
Miz Helen

Cookbook Author, Recipe Developer, Organic Gardner.


Comments

  1. Thanks so much for the shout-out! I hope you have a beautiful 4th of July:@)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the feature and the party, Miz Helen :-) Happy 4th of July to you all from South-Africa !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the party Miz Helen
    I wish you a wonderful and happy 4th of July

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 4th Miz Helen,
    Have a wonderful celebration. I know your barbecue will be good... I'll be using one of your recipes this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning! A picnic is a great idea and your menu looks wonderful! Thanks for hosting. Have a terrific holiday! Blessings, D@TheShadyPorch

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry it's been so long, Miz Helen! Hope you have a wonderful holiday!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for hosting. Hope you have a wonderful 4th.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Independence Day!

    I shared easy cornbread to bake on the grill. Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Miz Helen! Happy July 4th! :)

    Love, Joy
    Yesterfood

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for hosting Miz Helen!! Enjoy the crumbles I brought and have a happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Miz Helen! Great features as always! Thanks for hosting and have a Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for hosting a lovely party. I hope that you have a fun and festive 4th with friends and family!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for featuring my Red, White & Blueberry Layered Shortcakes, Miz Helen! I love getting a new red plate!! I hope you have a fabulous 4th of July holiday!

    Best,
    Jen @ Yummy Healthy Easy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you featuring my Southern Iced Fruit Tea! Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Miz Helen, your pinto beans and the fried chicken look so good and would be perfect for a picnic. Thank you for hosting and Happy 4th to you and Leonard! xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the party, Miz. Helen! Have a super 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks so much for your party, Miz Helen! Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy 4th of July to you and yours Miz Helen. Thank you so much for featuring my strawberry Soda recipe! Have a safe and happy holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks so much for hosting! I hope you and your family have a wonderful Independence Day! I am bringing my Meatless Chili to your party this week that I made from almost all items that I canned myself. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for the feature. We are hooked on that Coconut Syrup.
    Thanks for the party too! Have a Happy 4th of July.
    Wanda Ann @ Memories by the Mile

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW!!! I finally made the cut with my Strawberry Chia Jam! Thank you, Miz Helen! I feel like I won the lottery!!! :-)
    ~Stacy @ Stacy Makes Cents

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just wanteds to wish you a very Happy 4th of July! Nancy On The Home Front

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for hosting Miz Helen...Wishing you a fun, safe and yummy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy 4th. Thanks for hosting today. Great recipes as always!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Dear Miz Helen, Thank you for the feature! My daughter and I have added two more recipes for this week in celebration of July 4th!

    Have a blessed and safe day. Blessings, Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks for hosting, Miz Helen. Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for featuring our Mini Key Lime Pies! We are so glad you liked them as much as we did. Happy 4th of July!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Miz Helen,
    I'm sharing a lovely salad today! Thank you for hosting, hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Miz Helen. Thanks for hosting. I'm so sorry I'm late, but thankfully not too late to post my Rice Salad with Summer Vegetables recipe. We had a great 4th. I hope you did too. And I hope little Max wasn't too scared for the loud fireworks! See you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks you so much for featuring my simple summer salad this week. I hope you had a wonderful 4th. Ours was a bit soggy but tons of fun :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your visit has been very special. I look forward to your comments, they are like opening little gifts. Thank you for stopping by and hurry back!
Miz Helen