Creamy Blueberry Bars

The Blueberries have just been beautiful this year and I just love trying new recipes for the fresh berries.  This is a great little bar with great flavor and a real creamy texture with a cookie like crust.  We have really enjoyed this little dessert and hope you do.

Creamy Blueberry Bars


Creamy Blueberry Bar
Miz Helen's Kitchen
Ingredients
1 1/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
1 cup quick cooking oats
1 2/3 cups sugar
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
2/3 cup salted butter, melted
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
4 large eggs
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups fresh blueberries
Garnish with Confectioner's Sugar and Fresh Berries
Directions
Spray a 9X13 inch baking dish with nonstick baking spray with flour, set aside
In a large bowl, toss together 1 1/4 cups flour, oats and 2/3 cup sugar, baking and butter. 
Lightly press flour mixture into the bottom of prepared baking dish
Bake at 375 degrees until crust begins to brown around edges, about 15 minutes
Remove from oven and cool on a rack for 30 minutes
In a large bowl, beat cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy.
Add remaining 1 cup sugar and remaining 2 tablespoons flour; beat until blended
Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until blended.
Add lemon juice and vanilla
Spread blueberries over cooled crust
Pour cream cheese mixture over blueberries
Bake at 325 degrees 40 minutes, until a knife inserted 1 inch from the edge of baking dish comes out clean and the center feels firm
Let cool for 2 hours on a wire rack
Cover and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled, approximately 3 hours
Cut into squares
Garnish with Confectioners Sugar and fresh berries 
Adapted from Taste of The South
Ready To Slice


This One Is For You


Enjoy!

When you can share a dessert with a friend it makes it very special, and I am so glad we were able to share this dessert together.  Hope you have a fabulous week and come back to see us real soon!
Peace and Joy
Miz Helen
Miz Helen

Cookbook Author, Recipe Developer, Organic Gardner.


Comments

  1. I wish I had this for breakfast!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous !! We don't have here fresh bluberries
    These bars look fantastic. Very moist and rich

    ReplyDelete
  3. These looks so good! I would indeed love to have a few slices!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like an amazing treat! Very pretty too:@)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I could reach into my computer and grab that lovely bar! I have loads of blueberries right now, and this looks like the perfect way to use them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish there was a scratch and sniff button on here. Looks delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fat, juicy blueberries. Lovely what you have done with them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. UMMM...looks marvelous....gotta try this one. We love anything blueberry.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love a creamy bar. The blueberries add a nice texture. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friday

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love blueberries and your recipe for blueberry bars looks delicious~Lynn @ Turnips 2 Tangerines

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing at What'd You Do This Weekend Miz Helen. I hope you are having a fun 4th. I really like the oats in here. Does that mean I can count it as breakfast? :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Miz Helen, these Blueberry bars look wonderful! I shared them on my FB page this morning. http://goo.gl/YRIZj Thanks for sharing at the Shady Porch! Have a great weekend! Blessings, D@TheShadyPorch

    ReplyDelete
  13. I made these absolutely delicious blueberry bars for the 4th of July. Everyone LOVED them. The only problem was the crust stuck to the bottom of the pan. I was wondering if I cooked it too long. I just sprayed the pan with nonstick cooking spray then added the ingredients as the recipe directed. I used instant Irish rolled oats for the instant oats. I would love to make this again but just need some guidance! Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dawn,
      I am so glad that you enjoyed the Bars. I see that your used nonstick cooking spray and that's good, but the recipe calls for the cooking spray with flour. If you don't have the cooking spray with flour, just use shortening or butter and then lightly four the pan. Thanks for stopping by and hope you continue to enjoy the Bars. Have a great week!
      Miz Helen

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the tips! I will definitely try making it again!

      Delete
  14. Sounds great! Pinned! Thanks for sharing on Two Cup Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for sharing this scrumptious recipe at Inspire Me Monday!
    I am featuring you this week at

    Create With Joy
    http://create-with-joy.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello!
    I’m stopping by from the Totally Tasty Tuesdays link party – this looks amazing!
    I would love for you to link this up on my little pop up blueberry Google+ party!
    https://plus.google.com/105344573202432490158/posts/Wamy4aiQNww
    Have a great day!
    - Ang
    www.jugglingactmama.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh what a delightful recipe. I just printed it and hope to make it soon. Congrats on having this featured at Totally Tasty Tuesday. YUMMMM!

    ReplyDelete
  18. We're featuring blueberries at Saturday Dishes. These look delicious. Hope you can come over.

    Wishes for tasty dishes,
    Linda @ Tumbleweed Contessa

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, it's like a blueberry cheesecake and cake all rolled into one! Looks like just the thing for a Mother's Day treat. (pinned it for the weekend) Thanks for sharing on The Weekend Re-Treat.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your visit has been very special. I look forward to your comments, they are like opening little gifts. Thank you for stopping by and hurry back!
Miz Helen