Full Plate Thursday 5-16-13


Full Plate Thursday Where The Greatest Cooks On The Planet Gather
 I sure hope that all of  you had a fabulous Mothers Day weekend My goodness it was like Queen for a Day around here with kids, grands and greatgrands, at the end of the day I was truly blessed.   Come on back to the kitchen with me we just have some great scones coming out of the oven that will be going on our table along with all the goodies that you are sharing today we are going to have a wonderful day together, sure am glad to see you today!

This Is How I Filled My Plate Last Week

 Breakfast
Creamy Mushrooms and Eggs   at Simple Living and Eating
Lemon Blueberry Ricotta Pancakes  at Cooking On The Front Burner
Morning Snack
Yogurt and Fruit Cups  at Diane's Vintage Zest
Lunch
My Comfort Salad   at Sweet Caroline's Corner
Sausage Paella  at With A Blast
Tangy Lemon Cake  at Simply Sweet N Savory
Afternoon Snack
Frappuccino Cupcakes  at Mummy Deals
Dinner
Really Good Green Beans   at Make Mine Lemon
Simple Irish Brown Bread  at The Resourceful Gals
Toasted Coconut Pudding Pie  at Mostly Homemade Mom
Preserving Food
No One Preserved Food This Week, The Food Was All So Good We Ate It All
If You Are Featured This Week Please Take The Red Plate Home
 The Code Is On The Sidebar
Background Story  
When we were young and just starting out in life sometimes we did not have a lot of money. Most of our friends were having to stretch the dollars at the end of the month just like us. My girlfriends and I decided that we would pool our food for some of the evening meals right before payday... the last week of the month. I have some of the fondest memories from those days. We would all bring our food together and we had some great food and great fellowship. We would get the food on the table and everything ready, someone would bless the food and then the hostess would say "come fill your plate". 
Guidelines
When you link to Full Plate Thursday, you are giving me permission to use a photo or link from your Post in a feature post on this blog, on Pinterest, or Face Book Every Week, I feature many of your Recipes on the next Full Plate Thursday, and on What's For Dinner Next Week, and I pin many of your recipes to Pinterest.
Please include a link back to Full Plate Thursday somewhere on your post.
Please visit with all the others, after all that is part of the fellowship that makes it so much fun, in addition to all the good food of course.
Please leave me a comment and let me know you are here, I really do want to be a good hostess.
Now God Bless You and Your Food and Everyone Fill Your Plate! 
 Thank You So Much For Coming Today and Come Back Soon!
Miz Helen
Miz Helen

Cookbook Author, Recipe Developer, Organic Gardner.


Comments

  1. I love being a queen for a day :)
    Thank you for your party, Miz Helen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for hosting Miz Helen! Hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a wonderful Mother's Day! Queen for a day sounds great. Thanks so much for hosting again this week, I always enjoy your party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Miz Helen~ Thanks so much for hosting each and every week:) Have a great week~Lynn @ Turnips 2 Tangerines

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so excited that you tried my green beans. I hope you enjoyed them as much as my family did. I hope you will find a way to try this spinach dip even if you don't feature it. I am just personally excited about it. I found it to be one of the best I have ever had. And, a bonus, it is healthy. Memorial Day is just around the corner. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for hosting, Miz Helen. Thanks also for stopping by this week and leaving some sweet comments. Hope you have a wonderful week.
    Blessings,
    Nici

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Miz Helen, it seems we're in for some storms tonight. Your Best Grilled Chicken sure looks good and I can't wait to try it. Thank you for hosting and always being the perfect hostess. I hope you have a wonderful week. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for hosting a great party! have a good night!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for hosting!! Have a wonderful evening :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for hosting, Miz Helen! My daughter made Chocolate Biscottis this week, so I am bringing them to your party. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I shared another cookie recipe this week- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies.
    This recipe is gluten free, but can be made with "regular" flour if you don't have an issue with gluten.
    Thanks for hosting Miz Helen!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for hosting and enjoy the rest of your week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for the feature and the party, Miz Helen ! Have a lovely day :-)

    Linda
    With A Blast

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lot of delicious recipes there are here today, Miz Helen! I'm sorry I'm always so late to the party, but being in England I'm in a different time zone :) I'm visiting my son in Canada next week so I might manage to be a bit earlier! Thank you so much for hosting. This week I've shared my Lemon and Ginger yogurt cake recipe, which can be used to make pretty cakes, cupcakes or mini bundts. Have a lovely day :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those string beans caught my eye too! Happy Thursday:@)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great Thursday. So much yummy food. We linked up a terrific lasagna. Enjoy Helen!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Miz Helen,
    Thank you so much for featuring my creamy mushrooms and eggs. I'll come back a little later having trouble linking? My system seems super slow.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So glad to hear you had a lovely Mother's Day. Thanks for hosting each week and enjoy the up-coming weekend.

    BTW, seeing Diane's comment - I had trouble linking this morning as well. Seems fine now.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is my first time linking up! Can't wait to check out some new recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my! so many great recipes! =)

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Mmmm, lots of yummies on your plate this week! Glad you had a good Mother's Day. Thanks so much for hosting! Blessings, D@TheShadyPorch

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Miz Helen. As always a great party. You always have so many good yummies. I just stopped by to drop off some Cinnamon Almond Squares. Enjoy and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for the feature for my Lemon Blueberry Pancakes! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you for featuring my comfort salad! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Miz Helen, thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow! Thanks for featuring our Irish Brown Bread! Blessings, Gloria @The Resourceful Gals

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your visit has been very special. I look forward to your comments, they are like opening little gifts. Thank you for stopping by and hurry back!
Miz Helen