Herb White Bean Soup

Any time we have a country ham I like to keep the ham bone to make a nice pot of beans. Sometimes I will freeze the ham bone for latter use.  This is a pot of beans that we made with one of those awesome ham bones to flavor the pot along with some really nice fresh herbs.  This is one of those recipes that is good with or without the ham bone anytime of the year.

Herb White Bean Soup



Herb White Bean Soup
Miz Helen's Kitchen
Ingredients
1 pound Great Northern White Beans
1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
1 sprig fresh rosemary
1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
1 sprig thyme
1 teaspoon parsley
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Optional 1 ham bone
Directions
Rinse and sort beans in a large pot.  
To 1 pounds of beans add 8 cups hot water.  Bring to a rapid boil, and boil for 2 minutes.
Remove from heat
Cover and let stand 1 hour, drain and rinse beans
Pour the drained and rinsed beans back into the pot
Add the chopped rosemary, thyme, parsley, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper and mix well.
Add 6 cups of water and stir
If you are adding a ham bone, add it now
Last add a sprig of rosemary and thyme on top of the mix
Bring to boil and cover, reduce the heat to low and cook for 1 1/2 hours or until the beans are tender.
Garnish with Sour Cream and fresh herbs


There Is Noting Like A Great Pot Of Beans


Beans Are Ready


Nice Corn Muffins de Provence  To Go With The Beans

Enjoy!

There is nothing better than a great bowl of soup and sharing it with a friend, I am glad that  you were here to share this bowl of soup with us.  Hope you have a great week and come back to see us real soon!
Peace and Joy

Miz Helen
Miz Helen

Cookbook Author, Recipe Developer, Organic Gardner.


Comments

  1. This sounds perfect for a chilly night like tonight! Yum! Thanks so much for sharing! Have a great week.
    Blessings,
    Nici

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love me some beans! Might just pick up a ham hock this weekend and make half a batch:@)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so thick and creamy and perfect for a comforting evening!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can almost smell the soup........YUMMY
    I love this kind of soup, and I really think that your corn-muffins would be wonderful with this soup

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, would I ever love a bowl of your bean soup right now for lunch! Your dishes are so pretty and I love the setting, Miz Helen. Your photos are wonderful. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wish I had a bowl on this rainy day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH MY YUMMY! I love the herbs you used in this soup! It will be on my menu for sure!!! Thanks for always bringing your delightful recipes and menus to ON THE MENU MONDAY!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is still a bit chilly here especially for late April. This soup would be wonderful. I love soup with beans so filling.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good Morning Miz Helen, My husband loves soups made from ham bones and there is a traditional soup, here in the North of England, made with ham bones and lentils. Your recipe sounds lovely and so I am going to print it off to make it as the weather here is still not Spring-like it is very cold.
    I have found you at Yvonne from StoneGable and it is lovely to meet you. I have enjoyed my visit and I have become a new follower. I look forward to many more recipes.
    I would like to invite you to visit me at Ivy, Phyllis and Me! you will be most welcome.
    Best Wishes
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love bean/ham soup and your recipe sounds delicious with the herbs you use.

    Lori @ A Bright and Beautiful Life
    www.abrightandbeautifullife.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks awesome Miz Helen! Thanks for sharing at Simple Supper Tuesday and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yum! Your soup looks fantastic! I love bean soup and especially with fresh herbs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds delicious for a chilly night -- and it is still chilly here! Thanks so much for sharing on Busy Monday!

    A Pinch of Joy/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your soup looks so delicious and comforting, Miz Helen. I really like the rosemary and thyme you've added. Your Corn Muffins de Provence look wonderful too. Thank you for sharing this post with us at The Hearth and Soul hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love bean soup and cornbread, it is the ultimate winter food for me and lately it has felt more like winter than spring here in Colorado. The rosemary and thyme flavors sound especially nice too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This soup looks delicious, and so healthy as well. Would love for you to share this at my link party, Allergy Free Lunchbox Love (http://allergyfreecookery.blogspot.com/2013/05/allergy-friendly-lunchbox-love-5313.html). I would love to find this soup in my lunchbox :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You soup looks delicious. It's a chilly day today I wish I had a bowl right now. Thanks so much for linking up to The Gathering Spot this week.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Miz Helen, this looks SO good! I love a good bean soup. Thanks for linking up with "Try a New Recipe Tuesday!" I always look forward to seeing what you share each week. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you Miz Helen! I pinned and it's on list to make very soon,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  20. This looks delicious! I like the idea of adding the ham bone for additional flavor. Looks great...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have white beans and cornbread on the men for next week! I'm going to try your seasoning. Sadly, I already used my ham bone, but I bet I have some leftover turkey in my freezer. (:

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your visit has been very special. I look forward to your comments, they are like opening little gifts. Thank you for stopping by and hurry back!
Miz Helen