Spinach with Yogurt Sauce

We love going to the city for a special evening from time to time. One of the restaurants that we enjoy has the very best creamed spinach on their menu, however it it very rich, and I just know it has real cream making it a very high fat and calorie count. I wanted to serve a similar spinach however did not want all that extra count.  We just loved this recipe and I wanted to share it with you today.

 Spinach with Yogurt Sauce


Spinach with Yogurt Sauce
Miz Helen's Kitchen
Ingredients
2 bunches of spinach, washed and dried
1 onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
3/4 cup Greek Yogurt
Fresh Graded Nutmeg
Directions
Wash and dry the spinach
Heat the olive oil in a large heavy skillet add the butter
Saute the onion and garlic in the hot oil
Wisk together the vinegar and yogurt and set aside
put the spinach into the skillet and wilt the spinach
add the yogurt mixture to the spinach and stir
cook on low heat for10 minutes until liquid is reduced
Salt and pepper, grade fresh nutmeg on top and serve

Starting with Fresh Spinach

Reduce The Liquid


Enjoy!

Now I don't have to wait until we go to the city to have a great creamed spinach, this is really good and hope you enjoy it.  I sure am glad you stopped by today and come back to see us real soon!
Peace and Joy
Miz Helen
This Link Is Posted To
Meatless Monday 
Miz Helen
Miz Helen

Cookbook Author, Recipe Developer, Organic Gardner.


Comments

  1. I sure do like spinach...and sure do like it with yogurt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miz Helen, I do love the good old fashioned creamed spinach every now-and-then, but concerned about the cholesterol so I would certainly opt for the yogurt addition instead of the heavy cream...but I would cut down on the vinegar to 1 Tbsp. instead of the half a cup...otherwise, the garlic flavor and the nutmeg sounds such a perfect addition! Thanks for sharing your lightened up version:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elisabeth,
      I sure am glad you caught the vinegar, oops, it is supposed to be 1/4 cup, my fingers get to going to fast sometimes. It is really a great side dish.
      Thanks Elisabeth!
      Miz Helen

      Delete
  3. What a lovely healthy version of this classic dish! My husband loves creamed spinach, so I look forward to trying your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We looooooove spinach, and I do like your recipe!
    Will try it soon
    Thanks for sharing it Miz Helen :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your visit has been very special. I look forward to your comments, they are like opening little gifts. Thank you for stopping by and hurry back!
Miz Helen