Sweet and Sour Sprouts

We just love Brussels Sprouts and they are a great source of vitamins and fiber.  I had been to the farmers market and bought these beautiful Brussels Sprouts and really wanted to make a different recipe for them.  I love developing new recipes,  now they don't always turn out good, but this one did and I wanted to share with you today.

Sweet and Sour Sprouts


Sweet and Sour Sprouts
Miz Helen's Kitchen
Ingredients
8 cups Brussels Sprouts, quartered
1 medium onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon fresh chopped thyme
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup honey
1 dash hot sauce
1/4 cup water
Directions
In a heavy skillet heat the olive oil and saute the onions,garlic and Brussels Sprouts
Whisk together the vinegar, honey, water and hot sauce  add  that mixture to the Brussels Sprouts
Add salt, pepper and thyme. stir to mix
Cook on low heat for 10 minutes remove from heat and serve
Print Recipe



 Saute, Add liquid and Cook for 10 Minutes


Enjoy!


It was great to see you today, hope you have a great week and thank you so much for stopping by and come back real soon!
Peace and Joy
Miz Helen
Slightly Indulgent Tuesday
Miz Helen
Miz Helen

Cookbook Author, Recipe Developer, Organic Gardner.


Comments

  1. Sounds so good. Wish my husband also ate brussel sprouts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love brussel sprouts - even just boiled in salt water! Thank you for sharing this recipe, Miz Helen :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miz Helen, it's always so nice to hear from you; you really brighten my day with your kind and comforting words...no more 'clouds' for me, just have to keep a positive outlook on life.

    I love your brussel sprouts recipe, it's always such a welcome addition for a side dish and vegetable, and it's good all year round. Your spicy orange chicken is amazing. The addition of the cayenne, and the cinnamon really gives it a 'kick' and a special flavor and superb aroma. Love how it turned out...crispy on the outside and moist flavorful on the inside. Superb!

    Also, I really like your large photos...what a tremendous difference. Glad you enlarged your post photos, as well! Have a wonderful end of the week and I will link up again, starting this Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You certainly know how to make sprouts special!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks and sounds very tasty!
    Definitely a dish for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Helen, I love the idea of the sweet & sour with the brussels sprouts. I have to try this! I might even throw in some chicken tenders. Chicken - like chocolate goes with everything!

    Thanks for sharing!
    Linda (The Contessa)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow what a great idea. I love brussel sprouts, I grow them every year in the garden. They are an interesting looking plant. Love the flavor. Can't wait to try your recipe :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your visit has been very special. I look forward to your comments, they are like opening little gifts. Thank you for stopping by and hurry back!
Miz Helen