Salmon With Bacon and Balsamic Vinaigrette

We just love Salmon and when we go to Oregon to visit our daughters we always eat as much Salmon as we can. We are inland so fresh Salmon is a real treat for us.  This is a different flavor for Salmon but one that we just love.  Part of this recipe is from our friend Bill, I never ate his Salmon, but his wife Chelli tells me how wonderful it is all the time.  So of course putting my own spin on it, this is our new Salmon recipe.

Salmon With Bacon and Balsamic Vinaigrette


Salmon With Bacon and Balsamic Vinaigrette
Miz Helen's Kitchen
Ingredients
2 six ounce Salmon Fillets
4 slices thick cut bacon
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1/4 cup dark brown sugar
Directions
In a small mixing bowl whip together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper and brown sugar until creamy
Place the Salmon in a shallow baking dish and cover the salmon on both sides with the Vinaigrette
Cut the bacon slices in half and top the Salmon with the bacon slices
Bake in the oven at 400 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes, until bacon begins to crisp
Remove from oven and let set for 10 minutes
Print Recipe


I am serving the Salmon with a Couscous Fresh Tomato Salad


Enjoy!

I am so glad that you could stop by and have dinner with us today.  A meal is always better when enjoyed with a friend. Have a wonderful week and come back to see us real soon!
Peace and Joy,

Miz Helen
Miz Helen

Cookbook Author, Recipe Developer, Organic Gardner.


Comments

  1. We love salmon too. I'm always looking for new ways to cook it. I'll definitely be trying this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing like fresh, fresh salmon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds so good! ( and Im not a "big" fish eater ) =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Miz Helen -- We have salmon fairly often, but I haven't tried anything like this before. It sounds wonderful, so I'll be trying it soon, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds absolutely divine, and I have salmon in the fridge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bacon works on pretty much everything...even chocolate I hear. Love the balsamic vinegar too in the recipe. Thanks so much for sharing your salmon with us on foodie friday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm always on the lookout for new fish recipes, and what with having bacon, I bet this is delicious. Thank you so much for sharing with Saturday Spotlight. Have a great week and come back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My link up is up. Come join in.
    http://countrifiedhicks.blogspot.com/2013/02/mondays-with-countrified-hicks-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love salmon and bacon, but have never thought about pairing them together. This sounds good and I'll have to give it a try.

    Tiara
    http://icecreamandfrenchfries.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Miz Helen, This sounds yummy! Thanks for bringing it over to What'd You Do This Weekend? I think it should be a hit. Bacon on anything is good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum! I can't believe I've never thought of this. I will be trying it soon and I'll also be linking to it on my site for meal planning to give others an idea of what to make when Salmon and Bacon are on sale.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would never have thought of putting bacon with salmon, but it looks and sounds so good! I like the addition of the balsamic vinegar too, and that lovely couscous salad looks delicious. Thank you for sharing this delicious recipe with The Gallery of Favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think my hubby would love this recipe! Thanks for sharing it at last weekends link party @The Weekend re-Treat

    This week's link party is now live! Hope to see you there :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stopping by to let you know I featured you on my Saturday Spotlight party today. Thanks for linking up Miz Helen! :)

    http://angelshomestead.com/saturday-spotlight-4/

    April

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fresh salmon makes for a light and delicious meal anytime, adding bacon sends it right over the top! Thanks for sharing this on Hearth & Soul Hop. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks so delicious! You will be one of the features on Monday at the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Pop on in and grab a feature button for your blog. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  17. This sounds soo good with the bacon and balsamic vinaigrette! Coming from beef country I never know how to fix fish of any kind -- pinned for future reference! Thanks so much for sharing on Busy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This looks so good. My hubby loves salmon, so I am definitely going to surprise him with this! :-) Thanks so much for linking up with "Try a New Recipe Tuesday." I hope you will be able to join us again this week! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I cannot wait to try this recipe! I think the combination of bacon and salmon is inspired!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your visit has been very special. I look forward to your comments, they are like opening little gifts. Thank you for stopping by and hurry back!
Miz Helen