Full Plate Thursday 12-27-12



Full Plate Thursday Where The Greatest Cooks On The Planet Gather

I am so excited to see you today for our very last party of 2012, it has been an awesome year with you!  I hope that all of you had a great Hanukkah and Christmas.  We have enjoyed our friends and family during this holiday time, and are so blessed to be able to spend this time with them.  We are now looking toward the new year with great parties being planned already. We can hardly wait to see what you are bringing to share with us today. 
 I am kicking this party off today with my Good Luck Black Eyed Peas



Wishing You and Your Family The Very Best In 2013!


This Is How I Filled My Plate Last Week
Breakfast
My Moms Apricot Crescents  at Black Fox Homestead
Kolachi Braided Circle Bread  at Stealthy Mom
 Morning Snack
Party Hot Chocolate  Lady Behind The Curtain
Red Velvet Fireplace Cookies  at The Peach Kitchen
Lunch
Bubble Up Enchiladas  at Picture Perfect Cooking
Spiced Cranberry Chocolate Cake  at Jazzy Gourmet Cooking Studio
Afternoon Snack
Peppermint Candy Cane Muffins  at Happy In Dole Valley
Sparkling Apple Cider Punch  at Hot Eats and Cool Reads
Dinner
Cornbread Dressing and Roast Turkey  at Fox In The Kitchen
Spiced Stuffed Acorn Squash  at Real Food Forager
Brussels Sprouts with Bacon Pinenuts and Parmesan Cheese  at Simplify Live Love
Gingerbread Souffle  at Lulus Musings


Full Plate Thursday Background Story


When we were young and just starting out in life sometimes we did not have a lot of money. Most of our friends were having to stretch the dollars at the end of the month just like us. My girlfriends and I decided that we would pool our food for some of the evening meals right before payday... the last week of the month. I have some of the fondest memories from those days. We would all bring our food together and we had some great food and great fellowship. We would get the food on the table and everything ready, someone would bless the food and then the hostess would say "come fill your plate".
I have just a few suggestions before you leave your dish and fill your plate.


  • Link directly to YOUR RECIPE  and not to your web page.
  • Scroll down to the button that says "click here to enter"
  • You will be asked to give your URL ( which will be your direct link to your post), the name of your recipe, and your email which we will not be able to see.
  • Then you will be asked to select a thumbnail from your post that will be uploaded to your entry.
  • Please include a link back to Full Plate Thursday, somewhere on your post. We will give you a gentle reminder if you forget...
  • Please leave me a comment before you leave the page and let me know that you are here, I want to be a good hostess.
  • Don't forget to visit with all the others, after all that is part of the fellowship that makes it so much fun, in addition to all the good food of course...
  • Grab The Full Plate Button if you like and take it home with you.
  • Now God Bless you and your food and everyone fill your plate!

Thank You So Much For Coming Today and Come Back Soon!
Miz Helen
Miz Helen

Cookbook Author, Recipe Developer, Organic Gardner.


Comments

  1. Thank you so much for hosting, Miz Helen! Hope you had great holidays :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for hosting!

    Have an outstanding week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Miz Helen, did you get snow on Christmas? Thanks for hosting and healthy, happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for hosting and for the feature this week! Have a Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you had a Merry Christmas!...any snow??

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had snow for Christmas morning....sooo neat.
    I have the BEST ham hock for my BlackEyed Peas this year....:)
    Thanks so much for hosting...
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for hosting this fun party each week! Hope your last week of 2012 is wonderful!
    Blessings,
    Nici

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Miz Helen for featuring my Spiced Cranberry Chocolate Cake this week. Blessings to you for a happy new year!

    Sherry K-Jazzy Gourmet

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you are having a cozy holiday. For those who are sugared-out, I am sharing my Sweet Potato Gems. Thank you for featuring my Kolachi bread recipe, and for hosting the party! Take care, and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for hosting, Miz Helen :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for the party Miz Helen, and I wish you a wonderful New-Year

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for hosting, Miz Helen. Hope you had a lovely Christmas! Wishing you a very Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for hosting, it looks like a lot of great stuff for bringing in the new year. Love the black eyed peas!
    Happy New Years,
    Wanda Ann @ Memories by the Mile

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm having my pork and sauerkraut with the boys on Sunday, so I plan to make your black eyed peas on Tuesday-thanks! Happy New Year Mizz Helen, wishing you all the best in 2013:@)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for hosting, Miz Helen! Wishing you a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy New Year Miz Helen... I pinned your black eyed peas my family loves them. Italians have a bean tradition too, we cook lentils on New Years... so interesting that there is a connection in so many cultures.

    ReplyDelete
  17. We linked up a simple appetizer today. Hope you have a wonderful New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for host another great party. I linked the Stir Fry Chicken. It is an easy one pot meal. Drop by my kitchen when you have a chance. thecontessa@tumbleweedcontessa.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for the party. I wish you a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for hosting! Happy holidays!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wishing you a Happy New Year from the ladies at Who Needs A Cape?.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Miz Helen, I put my Around Our House At Christmas on your link party, Please forgive me and remove it for me. I would so appreciate it and I will certainly try to be more careful. Thanks again. Jo-Ann

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks so much for hosting and spotlighting my bubble up enchilada post. Happy new year to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hope your Christmas was wonderful! Best wishes for the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for hosting, Miz Helen! Also, thanks for featuring my texan ranch chicken casserole last week! Have a great New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Good morning, Miz Helen!
    I've brought a plate of eggs and ham to share! Thank you for hosting, hope you had a great Christmas with the family!
    Wish you A Blessed and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  27. It has been an awesome year and thank you for hosting each week. Wishing you and your family a happy and healthy new year.

    I brought more good luck black-eyed peas in soup. You can never have to much good luck :)
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks for hosting each week! Happy New year!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Good Morning Miz Helen! Snow is falling again on this beautiful Saturday morning. I hope your Christmas was filled with joy and laughter. Have a safe and Happy New Year. It's going to be a fantastic New Year! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  30. Happy new year to you, too, Miz Helen! And thank you so very much for featuring our Peppermint Candy Cane Muffins this week! Hope you get to try them -- you'll love them! Blessings, Lisa & AnnaLynn :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your visit has been very special. I look forward to your comments, they are like opening little gifts. Thank you for stopping by and hurry back!
Miz Helen