Muffaletta Casserole

We recently had a Cajun Covered Dish Supper in our Community and this is the Casserole that I took, so many people wanted the recipe, I told them they could find it here on my blog. I am very excited to share it with you today.  I originally found this recipe on my Full Plate Thursday, Marguerite from Cajun Delights shared this recipe and it is awesome!

 Muffaletta Casserole

Muffaletta Casserole at Miz Helen's Country Cottage

Muffaletta Casserole
Adapted From Cajun Delights
Prepared In
Miz Helen's Kitchen
1 pound Penne Pasta
1/2 pound grated Mozzarella Cheese
1/2 pound  grated Parmesan Cheese
1/2 pound Smoked Ham chopped into thick strips
1/2 pound Genoa Salami, chopped into thick strips
1 cup Olive Salad Mix ( Boscoli is the one I used)
1 small can, sliced Black Olives, drained
Cajun Seasoning to taste, (I used 3/4 teaspoon )
Cook the Pasta according to package directions, drain, rinse, and allow to cool.  Combine the cheese in a medium bowl.  Place Pasta in large mixing bowl and add Ham, Salami, Olive Salad Mix, Cajun Seasoning and  half the combined cheese.  Place in a greased casserole dish and top with remaining cheese.  Bake in a 350 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes until bubbly and cheese melts.
Recipe Tip
I used whole Black Pitted Olives and substituted the Genoa Salami for regular hard Salami

Print Recipe

Muffaletta Casserole at Miz Helen's Country Cottage

This Taste Good Even Before It Is Baked

Muffaletta Casserole at Miz Helen's Country Cottage

Add More Cheese and It Gets Even Better

Muffaletta Casserole at Miz Helen's Country Cottage
Enjoy!

 I sure am glad that you came by today to enjoy this great Muffaletta Casserole with us, it was delicious and always even better with good friends. Hope you have a great week and come back to see us real soon your visits are always very important to us.
Peace and Joy
Miz Helen

Miz Helen
Miz Helen

Cookbook Author, Recipe Developer, Organic Gardner.


Comments

  1. Thanks so much for the mention and for trying the recipe! It looks like it turned out fab and it's so easy to make, too. Cheers, cher!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to try this Miz Helen! It sounds like a dish my whole family will love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds so decadent and wonderful. Looks like I could easily leave the meat out and add some broccoli and peppers. Thanks for the inspiration Helen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great recipe especially for a family of teenagers. My son is going to love this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Yum!! Looks delicious. Looks like you can have it as a casserole or in a salad! Great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great recipe, I love black olives. Thanks for sharing at The Gathering Spot this week Miz Helen. It's always a pleasure :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lovely, I'm your new follower from Blog Hop.
    Love your awesome blog. Feel free to check out & follow my blog @ revampspunkyrena.blogspot.com
    xoxo
    Rena

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks GREAT! Found you at h country cook link party.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the idea of a casserole with a cajon twist! Thanks for sharing this delicious recipe with us at the Hearth and Soul Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Muffaletta Casserole has my mouth watering, Miz Helen! I love all the tasty ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mmmm, loving the flavours in this casserole. Thanks so much for linking up to Simple Supper Tuesday, Miz Helen!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have had a cold version of this, Muffaletta pasta salad, and I bet it is even better hot! just in time for Fat Tuesday too! I plan on making a traditonal Muffaletta sandwich to celebrate this weekend, I think I will make it hot too, thanks!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your visit has been very special. I look forward to your comments, they are like opening little gifts. Thank you for stopping by and hurry back!
Miz Helen