Full Plate Thursday 8-2-12


It's Full Plate Thursday Where All The Greatest Cooks On The Planet Gather

We have been having so much fun with our family this week, we have been fishing and just enjoying the time together. I am so excited to see you today we are out here under the shade trees, it is the nicest canopy trees and there is actually a cool breeze today so come on back have a nice glass of Strawberry Mint Lemonade and we will see all the wonderful food you have brought today.  Thank you so much for coming today and hope you will come back soon!


This Is How I Filled My Plate Last Week
Breakfast
Overnight French Toast  at Cooking with K
Morning Snack
Lemon Blueberry Muffins  at Katie-Kate's Kitchen
Middle Eastern Lemonade  at Gluten Free A-Z Blog
Lunch
Roasted Asparagus with Peach Salsa  at Gluten Free Happy Tummy
Summer Peach Dumplings  at A Flock In The City
Afternoon Snack
Melon Chillers  at Two Birdies and A B
Dinner
Beef and Rice STuffed Swiss Chard  at Little Kitchen Big Flavors
Honey and Butter Glazed Carrots Wrapped with Bacon  at Pattycakes In The Kitchen 
Elote Mexican Corn on the Cob  at Mostly Food and Crafts
Strawberry Cake  at Cozy Home Scenes
Preserving and Canning
Freezing Fresh Corn  at Mamal Diane
Tomato Sauce  at The Frugal Farm Wife
Crock Pot Apple Butter  at Mom's Sunday Cafe
Apricot Jam  at Five Little Chefs 

If You Were Featured Today Then Please Take The Red Plate Home
The Code Is On The Side Bar

Full Plate Thursday Background Story
When we were young and just starting out in life sometimes we did not have a lot of money. Most of our friends were having to stretch the dollars at the end of the month just like us. My girlfriends and I decided that we would pool our food for some of the evening meals right before payday... the last week of the month. I have some of the fondest memories from those days. We would all bring our food together and we had some great food and great fellowship. We would get the food on the table and everything ready, someone would bless the food and then the hostess would say "come fill your plate".
I have just a few suggestions before you leave your dish and fill your plate.
  • Link directly to YOUR RECIPE  and not to your web page.  
  • Scroll down to the button that says "click here to enter"
  • You will be asked to give your URL ( which will be your direct link to your post), the name of your recipe, and your email which we will not be able to see.
  • Then you will be asked to select a thumbnail from your post that will be uploaded to your entry.
  • Please include a link back to Full Plate Thursday, somewhere on your post. We will give you a gentle reminder if you forget...
  • Please leave me a comment before you leave the page and let me know that you are here, I want to be a good hostess.
  • Don't forget to visit with all the others, after all that is part of the fellowship that makes it so much fun, in addition to all the good food of course...
  • Grab The Full Plate Button if you like and take it home with you.
  • Now God Bless you and your food and everyone fill your plate!
Thank You So Much For Coming Today and Come Back Soon!
Miz Helen
Miz Helen

Cookbook Author, Recipe Developer, Organic Gardner.


Comments

  1. Thanks so much for hosting! Have a wonderful weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Miz Helen, what wonderful food you filled your plate with! Your day trip to the Farmer's Market sure looked like fun. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for choosing my summer drink for your menu, Miz Helen. Always an honor for me. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Strawberry mint lemonade and fishing...don't mind if I do!
    Thank you for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for hosting!! Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Miz Helen,
    Thank you for hosting a great link party.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Miz Helen! Thank you so much for highlighting my Roasted Asparagus w/ Peach Salsa Salad! and Thank you for hosting! This week, I shared my Bullseye "Guaccy" Broccy! It's Gluten Free, Vegan, Body Ecology Diet and Specific Carb Diet SCD Friendly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the feature Miz Helen! I'm so glad you liked my muffins! This week I brought my mama's Orange Upside Down French Toast....it's super tasty...I just know you'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you enjoy my cupcakes for your afternoon snack! Thanks for the feature and for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a fun week with family! Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sharing my Curried Zucchini Soup and my Warm Millet and Broccoli Salad. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Miz Helen
    I'm glad you having a good time with your family. There is nothing more precious than spending time with your family :)
    Thanks for hosting another party :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you're having a great time, Miz Helen! Thank you for hosting. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love family time sooo much.;)
    Thank you for hosting.
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great party! We linked up an easy tasty breakfast wrap today!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for hosting, Miz Helen. Have a great time with your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Thursday and thanks for hosting. I've brought a couple of salads made with homegrown tomatoes that are perfect for summertime.

    Have a delicious weekend.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  18. The peach dumplings sound amazing! Happy Thursday:@)
    PS-I'd love your input on my jalapeno question!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This hot weather gets us all thinking lemonade . The Strawberry mint lemonade looks amazing. Thanks for featuring my Middle Eastern Lemonade made with orange blossom extract and mint.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love all the recipes! Thank you for hosting

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks so much for hosting this beautiful spread! Today I've brought some Crab Cakes -- they're GF, DF, sugarfree and more, but most of all, they're family-pleasing, so I hope everyone can try some!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Miz Helen! I'm back finally. It's been so hot and humid up here this year that food has been pretty basic :) We had a couple cool days and finally some rain (thank God) so I made up some chicken Parmesan.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Miz Helen, it's always a pleasure to join you on Thursdays!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Good morning Miz Helen, Thanks you so much for featuring my freezing fresh corn post. It's an honor. Enjoy your time with your family. It doesn't get any better then that :)I am sharing some Blueberry Cobbler today, hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Miz Helen, Thanks for hosting. I'm catching up from vacation last week. Hope you have a great weekend and keep cool in the Texas heat!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks so much for hosting, Miz Helen! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Miz Helen, thanks so much for hosting!

    Today I've linked up my Really Fudgy Brownies.

    Have a great weekend and stay cool!

    Melissa @ The Alchemist

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks for hosting Miz Helen!

    I'm sharing an article called What Do You Want To Know About Cooking Whole Foods?, a fun Grilled Peach, Lentil & Parsley Salad, and How To Turn Grilled Peaches Into An Amazing Treat.

    http://www.beyondthepeel.net/2012/07/how-to-turn-grilled-peaches-into-an-amazing-treat.html

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Miz Helen! Hope you've had a lovely week! Today I shared my tomato salad!

    Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks for hosting Miz Helen! I am new here and excited to be a part!
    I shared how to freeze squash and Black-Eyed Pea Salad - I hope you all enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thank you so much for hosting. I discovered your blog through another hop and I'm so glad I did! I've added you to my Google reader and look forward to "staying in touch". I linked my recipe to a tomato feta bruschetta that I recently discovered and enjoyed.

    ~Jenny
    blackfoxhomestead.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thanks for hosting this party, so mane great recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi Miz Helen...It's always an honor to be featured on your blog, so thanks for including my Strawberry Cake this week. Hope you are having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thank you so much for the great party, Mix Helen!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi Miz Helen, thank you so much for hosting. I shared a Rustic Summer Squash Frittata, it's delicious and so easy to make. Thanks again. ~ Emily @ Recipes to Nourish

    http://recipestonourish.blogspot.com/2012/08/rustic-summer-squash-frittata.html

    ReplyDelete
  36. A shady spot with a cool breeze sounds wonderful! Thanks for hosting and stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi Miz Helen, thank you for hosting another wonderful Full Plate Thursday. I just love your pretty lemonade with the fresh mint...so perfect for the hot summer days, to enjoy this refreshing drink underneath your beautiful shady trees!

    I am happy to link up with you again, after several weeks of absence and looking forward to many Full Plate Thursdays. Such great list food blogger bring great food to the table!
    I made a blueberry-peach bread to share:D
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  38. Thank you for hosting Miz Helen :) Sorry to be away for a bit! I added in my Easy Homemade Vegetable Soup! Hope you enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. Thanks so much for hosting Miz Helen. I posted a cucumber and avocado salad--a good way to cool down on hot summer days. Thanks too for visiting my blog. Finn says Woof!

    ReplyDelete
  40. It is late, but I managed to get to your party in time! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Hi Miz Helen, how are you? Hope things are starting to cool down for you. My Wholmeal Apple & Sultana Cake Bars might be one to keep for the cooler months. Have a lovely weekend!

    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  42. Thanks for hosting another fun party - better late than never for me :-) have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  43. I'm a little late, but looking forward to visiting some recipes. I'm hungry as I write, that's probably not a great idea. I'll have to head to the store tonight!!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  44. Thanks for hosting Miz Helen! I've shared a wonderful Creamy Ranch Slaw.

    ReplyDelete
  45. So many great recipes. I can't wait to share a recipe tomorrow. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your visit has been very special. I look forward to your comments, they are like opening little gifts. Thank you for stopping by and hurry back!
Miz Helen