Full Plate Thursday 7-26-12


It's Full Plate Thursday Where All The Greatest Cooks On The Planet Gather

We have been very busy this week getting ready for some family that are coming for a visit. We have been getting all the fishing equipment ready because they all love to fish. Come on down to the dock with us we will just have a big picnic down by the water and who knows we may even catch some fish.  I am very excited to see what you are sharing today.  Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday, your visits are very special to me and I hope you will come back real soon!

This Is How I Filled My Plate Last Week
Breakfast
Crock Pot Breakfast Egg Casserole  at Blessed Beyond A Doubt
Morning Snack
7 Days of Green Monster Smoothies  at Don't Waste The Crumbs  
Lunch
Summer Spring Rolls Vietnamese  at Vivian Pang Kitchen 
Fruit Bouquets  at Salmon At Seven
Cool Blueberry Gazpacho  at Sensitive Economist
Afternoon Snack
Perfect Iced Tea   at The Not So Super Mama
Chocolate Dream Cookies  At Flavors By Four
Dinner
Flank Steak Roulade  at My Road to Savings
Zucchini and Ricotta Galette   at Feeding Big
Apple Cabbage and Cheese Salad  at With A Blast
Lake Side Dessert   at Cooking On The Front Burner
Preserving and Canning
Old Fashioned Peach Butter  at Cooing With K
Fresh Strawberry Jam  The Mandatory Mooch
Pickled Fennel with Orange  at Taste Buds

If You Were Featured Here Today Please Take The Featured Plate Home
The Code Is On The Side Bar


Full Plate Thursday Background Story
When we were young and just starting out in life sometimes we did not have a lot of money. Most of our friends were having to stretch the dollars at the end of the month just like us. My girlfriends and I decided that we would pool our food for some of the evening meals right before payday... the last week of the month. I have some of the fondest memories from those days. We would all bring our food together and we had some great food and great fellowship. We would get the food on the table and everything ready, someone would bless the food and then the hostess would say "come fill your plate".
I have just a few suggestions before you leave your dish and fill your plate.
  • Link directly to YOUR RECIPE  and not to your web page.  
  • Scroll down to the button that says "click here to enter"
  • You will be asked to give your URL ( which will be your direct link to your post), the name of your recipe, and your email which we will not be able to see.
  • Then you will be asked to select a thumbnail from your post that will be uploaded to your entry.
  • Please include a link back to Full Plate Thursday, somewhere on your post. We will give you a gentle reminder if you forget...
  • Please leave me a comment before you leave the page and let me know that you are here, I want to be a good hostess.
  • Don't forget to visit with all the others, after all that is part of the fellowship that makes it so much fun, in addition to all the good food of course...
  • Grab The Full Plate Button if you like and take it home with you.
  • Now God Bless you and your food and everyone fill your plate!
Thank You So Much For Coming Today and Come Back Soon!
Miz Helen
Miz Helen

Cookbook Author, Recipe Developer, Organic Gardner.


Comments

  1. I think I sneaked in just after you posted! I'll come back to see what others have shared later. Thanks for hosting this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI,
    I shared my Grain Free Zucchini Blossoms as well as an article about Stevia – Is it as good as they say?

    Check out the GIVEAWAY of Nourished Baby from Mommypotamus!

    http://realfoodforager.com/giveaway-nourished-baby-from-heather-dessinger-at-mommypotamus/

    Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for hosting, Miz Helen! A fishing trip sounds so fun :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your visit, hoping you have a grand time with family and fishing. Thanks for hosting. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Miz Helen, keep cool fishing!! Thanks for always being such a gracious hostess.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for hosting, Miz Helen! I shared how I dry lettuce using a couple of kids and a pillowcase.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning Miz Helen, I've brought some flaky chicken pie to share!
    Thank you for hosting, have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for hosting! this week, i shared my Roasted Asparagus w/ Peach Salsa Salad! It's Gluten Free, Vegan, and Specific Carb Diet (SCD) with a Body Ecology Diet option!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love fishing! How fun! Thanks so much for hosting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Many thanks for having me this week sweet Miz Helen! Have a wonderful Thursday.

    Best wishes,
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for featuring my Strawberry Jam. I have started a new linky party of my own. Feel free to link up any great recipes. Thanks, Nichi - The Mandatory Mooch

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for another great party Miz Helen
    Have a great time with you visitors :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Miz Helen! Today I shared my Garden Minestrone Soup Recipe. Hope you've had a lovely week and thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks so much for hosting the party! I hope you enjoyed my iced tea, and have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your trip sounds like such fun. Just what summertime calls for.

    Thanks for hosting. Today I've brought a salad with fresh cherries, goat cheese & pistachios that looks like summer on a plate.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great recipes this week. We linked up a wonderful BLT with a fried green tomato. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for hosting, I know I can always find awesome recipes enough to fill my families plates all week here:)
    Have a marvelous day.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, there are so many wonderful dishes to look at. I know a few of them will make it on my menu!

    By the way, thanks for featuring me on your menu this week! I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Miz Helen, thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks so much for featuring our Chocolate Dream Cookies! We are glad you liked them as much as we did! Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good morning, Miz Helen. :) Sharing our healthy & delicious banana nutella muffins -- enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love to fish too!
    Thank you for hosting. I brought fresh figs stuffed with pecans & honey. Hope you have a fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  23. We love fishing! We just returned from a two week camping trip with my parents. We went fishing and caught many bass, missed two pike and a pickerel; all too small to keep. My 7 yr old son, did manage to hook a bass of considerable size, which we enjoyed with our dinner. Have fun and keep cool on the lake!!

    Thanks for hosting every week and I hope you enjoy some Southwestern Pinto Bean Burgers that I shared, this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for hosting Miz Helen!

    I'm sharing some awesome Pork & Kale Tacos w/ Cherry Cilantro Salsa, My Rant On Cool Whip & Frozen Peanut Butter Pie, and 5 Minute 4 Ingredient Raw Protein Bars (DF, GF, Sugar Free, Vegan).

    http://www.beyondthepeel.net/2012/07/5-minute-4-ingredient-raw-protein-bars.html

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Miz Helen. Thanks so much for hosting this recipe gathering. It's always fun to see the seasonal changes. Summers aren't so hot here, so many of us head to parks or the beach and have picnics. New potatoes are coming in and we got a bumper crop of purple potatoes. I made a potato salad from a recipe from my first cookbook, Local Vegetarian Cooking. It a more traitional recipe but then I love traditional comfort food! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks for hosting and have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Miz Helen,

    Thanks for hosting!

    Today I've linked up my Cucumber Ribbon Salad.

    I hope you have a great weekend!

    Melissa @ The Alchemist

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks for hosting! Have a great day! :)

    Check out my latest recipe, review & giveaway @ Baking Blissful

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Miz Helen, Another great party. Thank goodness it's virtual or I surely would be gaining a lot of weight.

    I've shared a 'healthy' alternative (if there is such a thing) to breakfast muffins :).

    Thank you for hosting such a terrific party,
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  30. Miz Helen- This is my first visit to your blog! You have so many yummy looking entries, I hardly know which one to visit first! Thanks for hosting.
    I linked up Lemon Whoopie Pies. Love lemons in summer.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks for featuring my Lake Side Pretzel Dessert! I'm picking up my red plate :-) Have a great week!!! Deb

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hello Miz Hellen,

    Thank you for hosting, I see so many desserts this week.
    Time to visit them all. :)

    Mely

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thanks for featured my summer spring rolls for the week. Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thank you for featuring my Apple, Cabbage & Cottage Cheese Salad - it really is my favorite of all salads!
    Have a lovely weekend
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  35. I'm a little late to the party this week, but thanks so much for featuring me! Bringing my shrimp tacos this week. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  36. Thank you so much for hosting Miz Helen. I shared a Baked Grain-Free Chicken Strips recipe made w/ coconut flour. Thanks again. ~ Emily @ Recipes to Nourish

    http://recipestonourish.blogspot.com/2012/07/baked-grain-free-chicken-strips.html

    ReplyDelete
  37. I joined in for the first time with gazpacho. Thanks for hosting, have a great weekend!

    Carol @ There's Always Thyme to Cook

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your visit has been very special. I look forward to your comments, they are like opening little gifts. Thank you for stopping by and hurry back!
Miz Helen