Full Plate Thursday 6-7-12


It's Full Plate Thursday Where All The Greatest Cooks On The Planet Gather

We are so busy this week getting ready for our Annual Picnic at The Cottage. We are expecting about 40 friends for a cook out and evening bon fire. We will have so much fun and lots of good food.  I am so excited to see all of you today, just come on back to the garden, I want to take you on a quick tour of  the garden, everything looks so pretty.  Garden Tour Link, sure hope your enjoyed the tour, now lets see what you brought to share today, I can almost taste it, it smells so good!! Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful recipes with us, I look forward to your visits, and hope you will come back soon!

This Is How I Filled My Plate Last Week
Breakfast
Five Star Frittata  at Little Kitchen, Big Flavors
Morning Snack
Coconut Cherry Muffins at Laura's Gluten Free Pantry
Red White and Blue Light Shake  at Will Cook For Smiles
Lunch
Tomato Vegetable Soup   at Easy Natural Food
Chicken Salad with Berries  at On The Home Front
Sponge Roll with Strawberry Ricotta Filling  at Byby's Kingdom
Afternoon Snack
Summer Sorbet Fizz  at The Lovely Cupboard
Crunchy Amaretto Bars   at Monster Mama
Dinner
Spinach Salad with Warm Bacon Dressing   at Flavors by Four
Baby Back Barbeque Ribs   at Now Things Are Cookin
Grilled Zucchini and Onion with Basil and Balsamic   at Elsa Cooks
Strawberry Rhubarb Pie   at Fashioned 4 You
Canning and Preserving
Basil Vinegar  at All is Amazing

If You Are Featured Here Today Then Please Take The Red Plate Home
The Code Is On The Side Bar


Full Plate Thursday Background Story
When we were young and just starting out in life sometimes we did not have a lot of money. Most of our friends were having to stretch the dollars at the end of the month just like us. My girlfriends and I decided that we would pool our food for some of the evening meals right before payday... the last week of the month. I have some of the fondest memories from those days. We would all bring our food together and we had some great food and great fellowship. We would get the food on the table and everything ready, someone would bless the food and then the hostess would say "come fill your plate".
I have just a few suggestions before you leave your dish and fill your plate.
  • Link directly to YOUR RECIPE  and not to your web page.  
  • Scroll down to the button that says "click here to enter"
  • You will be asked to give your URL ( which will be your direct link to your post), the name of your recipe, and your email which we will not be able to see.
  • Then you will be asked to select a thumbnail from your post that will be uploaded to your entry.
  • Please include a link back to Full Plate Thursday, somewhere on your post. We will give you a gentle reminder if you forget...
  • Please leave me a comment before you leave the page and let me know that you are here, I want to be a good hostess.
  • Don't forget to visit with all the others, after all that is part of the fellowship that makes it so much fun, in addition to all the good food of course...
  • Grab The Full Plate Button if you like and take it home with you.
  • Now God Bless you and your food and everyone fill your plate!
Thank You So Much For Coming Today and Come Back Soon!
Miz Helen
Miz Helen

Cookbook Author, Recipe Developer, Organic Gardner.


Comments

  1. Thanks for featuring my baby back ribs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, wow, thank you for featuring my shake! Thank you so much for the party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI,
    I shared a recipe for Beet, Fennel and Balsamic Glaze and an article about the potent anti-inflammatory

    Learn how to culture anything!

    Register for Get Cultured! -- On line Fermentation Class – On Sale Now! Big Savings!

    http://realfoodforager.com/get-cultered-how-to-ferment-anything-on-sale/


    Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Miz Helen, I hope you're having a good week. We have had sooo much rain. Did you get any?? I think our drought is over.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miz Helen, I have shared French Baguettes and German Chocolate Cupcakes. Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for featuring my Basil Vinegar from last week and thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Miz Helen thanks so much for hosting this fun blog carnival. i just love recipe exchanges and I love the down home feeling of your blog. Be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for another party Miz.Helen
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for having me today and for hosting this delicious party!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Howdy Miz Helen,

    Thank you so much for featuring my Coconut Cherry Muffins this week. All of the recipes look absolutely scrumptious. This week I shared 3 recipes:

    -Lime "Cream" Bars
    -Chickpea Salad with a Kick
    -Strawberry Almond Milk

    Enjoy your big picnic and garden-sounds like quite a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm delighted that you featured my Tomato Vegetable Soup. Thanks Miz Helen! This week I'm sharing my Tangy Carrot-Apple Salad.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great recipes today! We linked up a wonderful chicken recipe. Delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for hosting Full Plate Thursday. I've posted about a special dinner party for friends with a spectacular flaming grand finale.

    Hope you have a wonderful weekend down there in Texas.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Miz Helen, sharing a delicious buttery cheese spread. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for hosting Miz Helen! There are always so many tasty recipes here ! Hope you have a great rest of the week :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like quite a shindig your having... enjoy and thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Miz Helen, I joined in this week with the pickle pots I made. Thank You for such a great recipe and the rekindled memory of my Maw Maw.

    Smile Bunches!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for hosting! I took the garden tour and I am so jealous of your long growing season. Love that awesome door!

    ReplyDelete
  19. As always, thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for hosting once again, Miz Helen! Have a fantastic day!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Miz Helen, I've said it before and I'll say it again...you make me hungry. LOL
    Thank you for hosting! I've linked up Brownie Pie this week.

    ~Stacy @ Stacy Makes Cents

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy Thursday Miz Helen! Thanks for hosting :)

    I'm sharing a delicious French treat: Roasted Bone Marrow w/ Parsley Coulis, the perfect appetizer: Spring Pea and Avocado Crostinis, and an Easy Breezy Trick To Make Polenta That You'd Never Believe Would Work.

    http://www.beyondthepeel.net/2012/06/easy-breezy-no-stir-polenta.html

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for hosting, Miz Helen! I dropped off some Guacamole Salad and Blue Moon Burgers, which would be perfect for your cookout! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for hosting Miz Helen! Had a few issues with the link up tool, but it looks like it worked, yay!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hello Miz Helen,
    Thank you for hosting.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  26. I’m looking forward to seeing how others are indulging in spring via their kitchens this week!

    Two Posts this time:

    1. i am enjoying the season extravagantly… by eating as many seasonal spot prawns as possible. One way? My link up this week: Fresh & Seasonal Spot Prawn Shellfish Pot. Yes. I ate all of it. and i’d do it again.

    2. Bourbon soaked cherries. ‘Nuff said. Or the bourbon might start talking for me.

    Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for hosting, I look forward to perusing more of these recipes to fill out my menus for this week. I'm so jealous of your harvest since it still feels like winter going on spring in the Northwest. The strawberries are still a week or two away, but the rain is always refreshing and so many greens to choose from, I can't whine. Finn says Woof!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Good morning to you all!

    To go with my post & link up from sister blog Gastronomical Sovereignty (or vice versa), I present, The Old Fashioned a la Kristy. With a link to my bourbon soaked cherries. Obviously. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hello Miz Helen! Thank you for hosting! I shared my vanilla ice cream recipe today, ideal for those long hot days you have over there that we might experience occasionally too, if we're lucky!

    Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I just found your blog today and LOVE it. I love how you and your friends worked together. I plan on linking up each week from now on. Today I linked up my pizza sauce and crust recipe (Number 141 on your list)!
    http://www.countrifiedhicks.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. We are so happy you gave the frittata a try and enjoyed it! Thanks for hosting. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thanks for hosting! I'm not sure why my link picture didn't work. If you want to delete it, I'll try again.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Spinach Salad w/ Warm Bacon Dressing, can't go wrong with that:@) Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Happy to be joining you again this week, Miz Helen. We have the most amazing strawberries and cream muffins with us today; we've made them over and over and aren't tired of them yet. :) These are made with w/w pastry flour, 2 full cups of strawberries, and only 1/3 c. sugar, so they're actually good for you! Blessings to you and yours, ~Lisa & AnnaLynn

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi Miz Helen. How are you this week? I'm loving all the recipes coming through. Even though it's winter here, I'm on a bit of a health kick and having lighter salads at night so am enjoying all the light fresh salad recipes. Thanks so much for hosting and enjoy your bonfire night!

    Anne @ Domesblissity xx

    ReplyDelete
  36. Thanks for hosting Miz Helen! Tis berry season and I'm sharing an easy tart you can make and wow your guests with... it was a big hit with my book club! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  37. You sure have lots of yummy recipes linked up. Congrats on how big your link up has grown. You are such a good hostess! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hi Miz Helen, I've brought some delicious Tortillas to share!
    Wish you a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Thank you for hosting, Miz Helen. This week's features look delicious. I particularly like the look of that chicken salad with berries.

    This week I've linked my Rhubarb Custard Ice Cream. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I haven't posted in awhile but have missed your parties! Thanks for hosting, Miz Helen!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Thank you for hosting Full Plate Thursday! This week I've linked my Blueberry Streusel Coffee Cake.

    Wish you and everyone here a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your visit has been very special. I look forward to your comments, they are like opening little gifts. Thank you for stopping by and hurry back!
Miz Helen