Full Plate Thursday 6-14-12


It's Full Plate Thursday Where All The Greatest Cooks On The Planet Gather

I will have to share this funny little story about what happened last week.   I was trying so hard last week to let you know that I would be busy with my Annual picnic and wouldn't be by to say hello until latter, that I sent the first 26 of you an email saying I was attending my Granddaughters graduation which had happened  several weeks ago, I am so sorry you got the wrong email. Thankfully I caught the mistake and the rest of you knew that we were having our Annual Picnic and I would be by to say hello latter.   
Has something like that ever happened to any of you, please tell me I am not the only one.  
We are just taking it easy this week and enjoying the beautiful weather we are having right now, having lots of early morning porch time. Come on back and join us we have got the best ice cold herb tea and some awesome Berry Patch Muffins to share today. I can't wait to see what you have to share today so lets get right to it. I am so excited that you came by today and thank you so much for sharing with us, hope to see you again real soon!

This Is How I Filled My Plate Last Week
Breakfast
Pancakes with Nectarine Syrup  at The One With The Cupcakes
Morning Snack
Blueberry Lemon Bars  at Scattered Thoughts of A Crafty Mom
Lunch
Garden Vegetable Soup   at Pat's Pink Apron
Grilled Vegetable Salad  at Cozy Home Scenes
Fresh Berry Tart   at Cooking On The Front Burner
Afternoon Snack
Dinner
Pasta Salad with Fried Zucchini   at Dishes and Dishes
Cedar Plank Salmon  at Recipes We Love
Polish Carrot Pate   at  Mom Photographer
French Bread  at Aunt Nubby's Kitchen
Canning and Preserving
Pickle Pot and A Memory of Maw Maw   at Maggies Country Kitchen
Green Chile Tomatillo Salsa  at MJs Kitchen

If You Have Been Featured Today Please Take The Red Plate Home
The Code Is On The Side Bar


Full Plate Thursday Background Story
When we were young and just starting out in life sometimes we did not have a lot of money. Most of our friends were having to stretch the dollars at the end of the month just like us. My girlfriends and I decided that we would pool our food for some of the evening meals right before payday... the last week of the month. I have some of the fondest memories from those days. We would all bring our food together and we had some great food and great fellowship. We would get the food on the table and everything ready, someone would bless the food and then the hostess would say "come fill your plate".
I have just a few suggestions before you leave your dish and fill your plate.
  • Link directly to YOUR RECIPE  and not to your web page.  
  • Scroll down to the button that says "click here to enter"
  • You will be asked to give your URL ( which will be your direct link to your post), the name of your recipe, and your email which we will not be able to see.
  • Then you will be asked to select a thumbnail from your post that will be uploaded to your entry.
  • Please include a link back to Full Plate Thursday, somewhere on your post. We will give you a gentle reminder if you forget...
  • Please leave me a comment before you leave the page and let me know that you are here, I want to be a good hostess.
  • Don't forget to visit with all the others, after all that is part of the fellowship that makes it so much fun, in addition to all the good food of course...
  • Grab The Full Plate Button if you like and take it home with you.
  • Now God Bless you and your food and everyone fill your plate!
Thank You So Much For Coming Today and Come Back Soon!




Miz Helen
Miz Helen

Cookbook Author, Recipe Developer, Organic Gardner.


Comments

  1. Thank you for stopping by my blog.
    I hope you don't mind my linking up--I can't resist a good party!
    Thank you for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Miz Helen, did you get bad storms this evening? Our son's house in Dallas has lots of broken windows and their cars' windows are completely smashed by the hail. He sent me pics. Anyway, thanks so much for hosting and always being such a gracious hostess! xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many thanks for having me today. Hope you have a yummy week!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha

    PS I haven't sent an email like you did but I did end a phone conversation with a complete stranger with the words "Love You" because that is how I end most of my phone conversation to my family! That was very embarrassing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Miz Helen..your full plate last week sounds delicious.

    Yes, I am ALWAYS doing something goofy..just this week, I've been working on a post for a Beach Tablesetting that I THOUGHT was for today but, it's not until NEXT week. Bummer...all that work....:))
    So, see, you "ain't the only one, baby."
    Now, Natasha's goofy moment WOULD be embarrassing! hahhaaaa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miz Helen, I think it's so wonderful that you take time to comment on all your visitors, and that you took time to send out the email when you had such a busy weekend was so thoughtful of you, not a problem that it got mixed up a little! Thank you so much for the feature this week too! I have shared Ham and Cheese Sliders and Sausage Stuffed Jalapeños. Thanks for being such a gracious hostess!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Miz Helen, I've brought something to share! Thank you for hosting, have lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Miz Helen- I've done so many things like that! A while back I even asked my husband "when is Sandy getting married?" He replied, "She already got married, and you were there!" I forgot! So silly. So you are definately not the only one.

    Today I've linked up my Easy Creamy Coleslaw. Thanks for being such a good hostess!

    Melissa @ The Alchemist

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for hosting Miz Helen
    Wishing you a wonderful weekend

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Miz Helen! I brought a great side dish to share today! Thanks for hosting. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All of your features sound good! Gotta go check out the polish carrot plate:@)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great choices this week and wonderful recipes to look at and make! We linked up a great pasta salad. Delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for hosting this for us. Your plate is always filled with deliciousness.

    I've brought a French classic - Cornish Hens with Herbs & Mustard and a Simple Pan Sauce. Simple to prepare and the pan sauce makes it company worthy.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for hosting Miz Helen - as always, lots of yummy food!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just sent a host of a party a note saying I didn't see the linky. It was there I just needed some coffee... so embarrassing. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for letting us all share. I enjoy seeing what everyone is up to in their kitchens. I love to share recipes and get ideas. That is part of what makes me tick.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Miz Helen-I'm all excited about linking up with you for Full Plate Thursday with my Wild Mushroom Risotto. I see a lot of amazing links with yummy foods and desserts that I will be checking out.

    I love you strawberry bread from your previous post. The basic of the recipe, is the same, exact, to the very last ingr. as my banana bread, only with the addition of the beautiful strawberries. Love the way it turned out, and sure will be making it!

    Congratulations for your granddaughter's graduation; you must be so proud of her, and the Family picnic sounded like so much fun. Do tell us, all about it!
    Thanks for hosting!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Miz Helen! Sharing my Caj-Mex Grilled Chicken today. Thanks for hosting and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Thursday Miz Helen! Thanks so much for hosting!

    I'm sharing a video on How To Make Aioli in a Flash, Honey Balsamic Strawberry White Chocolate Shortcake, and The Most Overlooked Thing To Remember to Stay Healthy.

    http://www.beyondthepeel.net/2012/06/mostimportanttoremember.html

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Miz Helen,I brought something to chilll today...Mango Ice Cream!

    -Mythreyi
    Yum! Yum! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for hosting Miz Helen! I'm dropping off my pork tenderloin and then heading home to pack for a trip to Hawaii!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Miz Helen, thanks for hosting! I'm sharing my Shrimp Cake Bites and Quinoa Salad w/ Honey Mustard Dressing. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm new here and I love the premise of your party! I will be sure to add your button next time around. In the meantime, I am going to add my BLT Pasta Salad Recipe. Thank you for hosting ~ Traci @ Coastalpines :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks so much for hosting again this week Miz Helen. Love to check out the selections, I shared a Whole Grain Rice Salad with Sugar Snap Peas!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Miz Helen, Thanks for hosting this delicious party. I'm sharing an easy recipe for baked doughnuts.

    Have a great weekend.
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you so much for featuring my strawberry push-pops!!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you for featuring my Fresh Berry Tart! I'm honored! Hope you are having a great week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hello Miz Helen! Today I've shared my Waldorf Salad with candied walnuts.

    Have a lovely week!

    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  28. Miz Helen,
    Thank you for hosting. I haven't been home long. I have a recipe for a garden risotto.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Miz Helen,
    Thank you for hosting! I posted a wonderful Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble...I have made it three times in the last five weeks...delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I am delighted to have found you and share all the tasty recipes that are posted. From me, it's Peach Upside Down Cake....yum!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Miz Helen,
    I've brought a plate of stir-fried pork to share! Thank you for hosting, have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thank you for hosting! I've linked up my Sausage and Egg Crepes this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thanks for hosting!

    @myhealthyeatinghabits

    ReplyDelete
  34. This week I am sharing 2 recipes- Pickled Asparagus and Pickled Peas!!
    A great way to preserve those spring harvests!

    http://ournourishingjourney.com/2012/06/15/pickled-asparagus-pickled-peas/

    Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thanks for featuring my tomatilla Sauce! I hope you do get a chance to make and like it! We can't get enough of it. I'm grabbing a badge! Thanks for hosting as always!

    ReplyDelete
  36. So many great recipe blogs !
    You always feature such great recipes !
    Thanks for all that you do!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Thank you for featuring my Blueberry Lemon Bars in your list! Have a great week!
    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your visit has been very special. I look forward to your comments, they are like opening little gifts. Thank you for stopping by and hurry back!
Miz Helen