Stuffed Peppers

We grow Bell Peppers in our garden every year and one of the ways we enjoy the Bell Pepper is stuffed, we just love Stuffed Peppers.  When we have an abundance of peppers in the summer we will make up several Stuffed Peppers and freeze them, it is great to have that much of the meal already prepared. If you follow along with this blog you may have noticed that Stuffed Peppers are often times on my menu, "What's For Dinner Next Week". I have had several request for my Stuffed Pepper recipe so today I am happy to share it with you.

Stuffed Peppers

 Stuffed Peppers at Miz Helen's Country Cottage

Stuffed Peppers
Miz Helen's Kitchen
The Stuffed Peppers
4 large Bell Peppers, washed, cut in half and seeded
1 1/2 pounds ground chuck ( we are very fortunate to have grass fed beef)
1 medium onion, chopped fine
1/2 cup oats
1/4 cup Worcestershire
Dash Tabasco (sometimes I put more than a dash)
1 egg, beaten
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon dried basil
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 1/2  cups water
Mix the ground chuck, onion, oats, Worcestershire , Tabasco, egg, salt, pepper, basil, and garlic salt together until mixed very well.
Stuff each half of the pepper with the meat mixture. Place the Stuffed Pepper into a baking dish and pour 1 1/2 cups water into the bottom of the dish.
Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour
Remove the peppers from the oven, uncover and spread the sauce on the peppers
 The Sauce
1 1/2 cups tomato paste
1/2 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
3/4 cup Honey
3/4 cup water
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
Mix all the above ingredients together until desired consistency
Spread on top of peppers
Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes
Enjoy!

Stuffed Peppers at Miz Helen's Country Cottage

 Bake Covered  For 1 Hour

Stuffed Peppers at Miz Helen's Country Cottage

 Prepare The Sauce


Stuffed Peppers at Miz Helen's Country Cottage

 Bake Uncovered 30 Minutes

Stuffed Peppers at Miz Helen's Country Cottage

Enjoy!


 I am so happy that you stopped by to have these Stuffed Peppers with us today.  If you have a space grow  your own Bell Peppers, they taste so good. You can even grow them in a pot on your patio, it will be fun to watch them grow.  Hope you have a wonderful week and come back to see us real soon!
Peace and Joy
Miz Helen
Miz Helen

Cookbook Author, Recipe Developer, Organic Gardner.


Comments

  1. These look wonderful! I have never had a stuffed pepper but once pepper season is here I think I will give them a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm making stuffed peppers tonight- it's my aunt's recipe and it has you mix the sauce into the meat. I bet putting it on top would make it super juicy. Never thought to freeze these! Gonna have to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to not like peppers, but these, yes, I could devour!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We just had stuffed peppers on Sunday-yum! Congrats on getting nice ones from the garden, they just never get big enough for me:@)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miz Helen, I just love your stuffed peppers, so comforting and absolutely divine. I have never made the sauce like that with cider vinegar, and honey included. A little sweet, and just the right touch of softness...a velvety and perfect sauce for the peppers. I love all your old fashioned recipes that are CLASSIC, and never go out of style!

    Thank you for your kind and comforting words on my blog!
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, boy, your sauce sounds really yummy. Your stuffing and mine are similar.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks fabulous & delicious! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum Yum Yum!I just found your site via Foodie Friday! I love your recipes:-)

    I'm going to start a monthly party at my blog and would love you to join. Check out my blogg from 1st of May for more info. And also maybe become a new happy follower?! :-)

    www.meandmysweets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love stuffed peppers! I'm so envious that you grow bell peppers every year! I grow cubanelles and jalapenos...but bell peppers bottom rot every time I try to grow them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had no idea that you could freeze stuffed peppers. I can't wait to try it! I also like that you have halved your peppers, so much easier and every bit as delicious! Thanks for sharing this recipe with the Hearth and Soul Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look super good. I didn't know stuffed peppers could be frozen. My grandma makes these, but without the sauce. Thanks so much for sharing at Must Try Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love stuffed peppers and your recipe looks delicious, Miz Helen. I like the addition of the oats for both flavour and nutrition, and your sauce sounds wonderful. They must be extra nice with your lovely home grown bell peppers too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh yum, yum! Thanks for linking up on Southern Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow do these look scrumptious! Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Miz Helen.I love stuffed peppers, though my husband doesn't so much. He actually eats the stuffing part and leaves the pepper. Silly man. Our family always added cooked rice to the mix. Though I'm going to have to steal that sauce recipe for the next time ;)
    Have a great upcoming week-end.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your stuffed peppers are different...I'm use to seeing them stuffed with a rice-meat combo and it never looked appetizing. Yours on the other hand look really good! We grow peppers every year so I'm going to try your recipe out when we get aour harvest. Thanks for sharing at the Rock N Share.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your visit has been very special. I look forward to your comments, they are like opening little gifts. Thank you for stopping by and hurry back!
Miz Helen