Green Peas and Potatoes with Lemon Mint Sauce

There is really nothing better than going to the garden and gathering some Green Peas and New Potatoes. The Peas are so fresh and crisp, I can eat them right off the vine.  After a trip to the garden the other day I wanted to create a vegetable dish for these wonderful fresh vegetables. We really enjoyed this dish and so I decided to share it with you today.
Green Peas and Potatoes with Lemon Mint Sauce





Green Peas and Potatoes with Lemon Mint Sauce
Miz Helen's Kitchen
For The Potatoes
1 pound very small New Potatoes
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon Thyme
Wash and dry the potatoes.Place the potatoes on a shallow baking sheet. Pour the 1 tablespoon Olive Oil over the potatoes making sure they are covered on all sides.  Mix the salt, pepper, and thyme together, then sprinkle the oiled potatoes and mix making sure the seasons cover the potatoes on all sides. 
Roast uncovered in the oven at 400 degrees for 30 minutes or until tender.
For The Peas
4 Cups Fresh Green Peas or Frozen Peas
Shell and wash the Peas. If you don't have fresh peas you can use frozen.
Toss the peas with salt and steam for 6 minutes
For The Sauce
1/2 cup Olive Oil
1/3 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup melted butter
1 cup mint packed tight
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
In the blender pour the Olive Oil, Lemon Juice and then add the mint, salt and pepper. With the power on drizzle the melted butter into the mix  until it is a smooth sauce.
Mix The Dish
While the vegetables are hot, mix the peas and potatoes together. Pour the sauce over the vegetables and mix well. 
Garnish with Lemon Zest and mint


Season and Roast The Potatoes


Prepare The Sauce


Enjoy!

I sure am glad you could stop by and go to the garden with me today and hope you will enjoy this new vegetable dish as much as we did. I hope you will come back to see us real soon you visits are very important to us.
Peace and Joy
Miz Helen
Miz Helen

Cookbook Author, Recipe Developer, Organic Gardner.


Comments

  1. This dish looks and sound delicious. Perfect for Easter dinner. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that this is my first visit to your blog, I welcome you to come by my blog http://jessicaslilcorner.blogspot.com and say hello and become a follower if you'd like, if you aren't one already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a perfect dish for the upcoming weekend. I love the idea of the mint sauce. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness, this sounds delicious! Thank you for sharing it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely spring dish! This would be a wonderful addition to a Easter buffet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. New potatoes and peas! Always a favorite of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Miz Helen. That is truly a delicious looking recipe to use the garden crops! I wanted to invite you to share it at Whole Foods Wednesday where you can link up whole foods recipes and tips for whole living. Hope you have a blessed day!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  8. This recipe just screams Spring. I love the flavoring, could you share this one too on my foodie friday linky?

    ReplyDelete
  9. This recipe sounds so delicious, I love fresh vegetables!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love cooking from the garden! This dish looks delish! Your pic looks as fresh as your veggies...nice! Thanks for sharing at the Rock N Share!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your visit has been very special. I look forward to your comments, they are like opening little gifts. Thank you for stopping by and hurry back!
Miz Helen