First Compost Bin "Little Beaver" Link
We are very excited to start this garden season off with a larger Compost Bin that will serve the needs of our entire property and maybe even sell or give away Compost to our family and friends.
Leonard Putting The Finishing Touches On Our
Garden Compost Bin "Shreck"
This is a double compartment bin that sits on a stand and it is very easy to access. Using both sides of the bin will enable us to put in up to 18 bushels of raw material. We just give it a couple of turns a day with the easy turning handle and we have compost ready to go in two weeks. It is awesome!
This Is Where WE Feed "Shreck"
To start your Compost Bin you will need
- One layer of dry grass, leaves or shredded newspaper
- One layer of green grass, leaves, tree clippings, or vegetables scraps
- DO NOT USE ANY DAIRY OR MEAT PRODUCTS
- Egg shells are great
- Tea or Coffee grounds are great
- Place your Bin in a sunny area because it won't make compost if it does not get hot enough
- The interior of the material in the bin needs to get to 150 to 160 degrees for two days to kill the weed seeds
- Turn it or stir it at least twice a day (don't worry it won't go bad if you take a day off)
This is one of the ways that we give back to the planet and can control the compost that is going on our vegetables that we eat, it's a good thing!
Good Luck with your Compost and may you have the greenest green in your neighborhood! We always enjoy your visits so come back to see us real soon!
Peace and Joy
This Post Is Linked to: