Chipotle Chocolate Molten Cake

We have a special Red Plate in our family that we use to honor someone on their special day, an accomplishment, or just because they are special that day. It has always been so much fun to set the Red Plate on the table that say's "You Are Special Today". I don't know what kind of day you are having or if something special has happened to you recently, but I do know that you are special to me, so today the Red Plate is set on the table for you, because YOU ARE SPECIAL TODAY!

Serving Chipotle Chocolate Molten Cake With Strawberries and Blue Bell

Chipotle Chocolate Molten Cake
Adapted From American Profile
Miz Helen's Kitchen Table
 1/2 cup sugar, divided
5 1/2 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
1 ounce unsweetened chocolate chopped
10 tablespoons butter, softened
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 tablespoon finely chopped canned chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
3 eggs 1/4 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons stone ground cornmeal
2 tablespoons flour of your choice
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder 
Spray 6 ramekins with cooking spray and coat each ramekin with 1 teaspoon sugar.
Place chocolates in a double boiler set over barely simmering hot water. Stir occasionally until chocolates melt. Remove from the heat.
Beat butter and remaining sugar together with a mixer until fluffy.  Beat in vanilla and chopped chipotle; the mixture may separate slightly.  Add eggs, one at a time, scraping bowl and beating 1 minute between additions.  Add chocolate and beat 5 minutes, the batter will be thick.
Combine salt, cornmeal, flour and cocoa; sift over batter and stir.
Divide batter among ramekins.  Don't worry about smoothing out the tops. Cover each tightly with plastic. wrap and freeze at least 4 hours.
Preheat oven to 400 Degrees Bake frozen cakes 12 to 15 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes. Invert onto serving plates and serve immediately
Garnish with Ice Cream and Berries or Whipped Cream
Recipe Tips
This has a great flavor that the chipotle gives this recipe. If you would like a stronger chipotle flavor add more chipotle, I use two, we like all that spice.
I just love this recipe because the recipe can be made in advance and then baked while dinner is being served. You can use all of the recipe or one at a time.

 Just Look At All That Chocolate Goodness

Ready For The Freezer, Don't Worry About The Tops They Will Smooth Out

Invert The Cake On The Plate

Enjoy Your Special Dessert!

I am so excited that you stopped by today and discovered "You Are Special Today"! It was fun having you join us for dessert and I sure hope you will come back soon!
Peace and Joy
Miz Helen
Miz Helen

Cookbook Author, Recipe Developer, Organic Gardner.


Comments

  1. I have never had the pepper/chocolate flavour profile, but am starting to see it everywhere... This recipe looks like something straight from Iron Chef! I bet the gooey middle really highlights the contrast of the spice and bittersweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the plate...though you could just serve that cake in my hand and I'd be just as happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! The cake looks wonderful! Have a great day!
    -Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, I'm learning to LOVE chipotle! Great plate too:@)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love chipotle but have never thought about adding it to a sweet dish....the cake looks wonderful. Trying to imagine chocolate and chipotle together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've had chocolate molten cakes many times and love them. I've been craving chocolate for two days, so your pictures are not helping with that! Although I've heard of using chipotle with chocolate, I've never tried it. Thanks for adding this yummy recipe to my party this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look fab. I've gone chipotle crazy since I first imported it and was thinking about combining it with chocolate. I even bought in some chipotle hot chocolate to try out in recipes. This will now be first on the list.

    How essential is the freezing process? Could they go in the ridge overnight instead?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chocolate and chipotle - that's a combo that's always sure to grab my attention!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love molten chocolate cakes and the addition of chipotle makes a good thing even better!
    Cost Plus sells a chocolate bar that has chipotle in it- the flavor is addictive!
    Have a lovely week Miz Helen!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The plate tradition sounds sooo fun! The chipotle cake is something I have seen on the web but never tried - I can only imagine how extraordinary it is and tastes! Thank you for sharing, Miz Helen :) Happy to be your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yummy! I would love for you to Link up at my Linky Party via: www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    Mrs. Delightful
    www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    PS: I am your newest Linky Follower!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this! One of our favorite cookies is a dark chocolate chipotle. I never thought about using that combination in a cake!

    ReplyDelete
  13. One of my favorite combinations are chocolate and chipotle or any hot red pepper variety for that matter; therefore, these little cakes are very special! Fabulous recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like your lovely plate - what a nice idea! Your cakes sound delicious - I especially like the idea of the cornmeal in them. I am sure it gives them a wonderful texture. What a unique flavour the chipotle must add. Thank you for sharing another wonderful recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Miz Helen--This looks delicious. Chocolate and chipotle are such great friends. And you know what? I love your opening paragraph. It made me feel all warm and happy. Guess I needed a hug...Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That looks great. I have had cayenne and chili powder with chocolate, but not chipotle. I will have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. These looks so good! Would love for you to share at http://iamaddictedtorecipes.blogspot.com/p/link-party.html
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks! I'm so glad you linked up this dessert today. Thank you for sharing at Must Try Monday.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your visit has been very special. I look forward to your comments, they are like opening little gifts. Thank you for stopping by and hurry back!
Miz Helen