Monday, February 13, 2012

Slow Cooker Chili

We have been planning a special pot luck supper with some friends and we all decided the theme would be a Chili and Soup Supper.  I was looking for a different recipe to bring and this one was just perfect.  When I made it to try it out, I knew it would be a winner for the party and that we would make it over and over for our family to enjoy, it is a great chili and so easy to cook in the Slow Cooker, hope you enjoy your chili!

Slow Cooker Chili



  Doug and Liz  at Pocket Change Gourmet really don't need much introduction, although Pocket Change Gourmet is not that old,  most of you know Liz as The Cupcake Lady from Hoosier Homemade . Pocket Change Gourmet is a combined effort of  Doug and Liz and was born out of a desire to share their passion of cooking for their family using easy, creative recipes and saving money at the same time.


Slow Cooker Chili
Miz Helen's Kitchen
2 pounds Ground Beef, cooked and drained
2 cans Tomato Soup
2 cans Water
1 large Onion, chopped finely
1 tablespoon Minced Garlic
2 cans Chili Beans
2 cans Pinto Beans
2 cans Chili Style Tomato Sauce
2 tablespoons Worchestire Sauce
2 tablespoon Garlic Salt
5 tablespoons Chili Powder ( Liz usually uses a little less)
1 teaspoon Cumin
Dash of Pepper
Cook ground beef, onion and garlic, drain
Add all ingredients to slow cooker
Cook on low 4-6 hours or high 2-4 hours
Recipe Adjustments
I cut the recipe in half because I didn't think all of the ingredients would fit in my Slow Cooker, and it would not have, because it was pretty full with just half. I used 3 tablespoons of Chili Powder and 2 teaspoons of cumin, but we like our food fairly spicy. 
This is a great tasting Chili that would be a very good meal for any family or a take along to any event. I will definitely be making it again.
Adapted From Pocket Change Gourmet




It Sure Smelled Good Simmering Away in The Slow Cooker



 Enjoy Your Chili!

Thank you so much for stopping by today to enjoy this great bowl of Chili with us. Your visits are always very important to me so come back soon! 
Peace and Joy


31 comments:

  1. Yum, I'll have to try this with my ground beef substitute. Sounds great for a chilly (haha, pun intended) day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so good! I LOVE LOVE LOVE chili and am always trying new recipes, this one sounds great for a simple, quick chili. Definitely adding it to my menu this week to try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of a secret recipe club! And this chili looks amazing. I love cumin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chili looks sumptuous, Miz Helen!Absolutely loving the heat of the dish on this white,snowy day - I was wondering if it has snowed back at your place?If it has, then nothing better than this dish:)Wish you a lovely Valentine's day dear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love slow cooker chili. It's the perfect thing to make on a weeknight.
    Holy Cannoli Recipes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Miz Helen,
    I am such a fan of the crock pot to make life easier. This could easily be converted into a vegetarian chili which would be perfect for my family. I love it.. I just switched into Group B.. Nice to see you here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. whoa. we just had a big temperature drop this weekend so that chili looks like it would really hit the spot. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really need to dig out my slow cooker...a chili like this is perfect for those busy winter days. Great SRC selection!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm always looking for new recipes for my slow cooker. I can just imagine how good this smells. mmmm

    ReplyDelete
  10. With our cold temps right now this would be a very welcome meal, looks delicious.

    If you haven't already, I'd love for you to check out my Group 'A' SRC entry: Crunchy Fudgy Heart Bites

    Lisa~~
    Cook Lisa Cook

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay! I'm so glad you liked the Chili...and so excited to have you highlight our blogs!
    Thanks so much!!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could hardly wait for you to discover the post. So glad you liked it!
      Miz Helen

      Delete
  12. I love making chili in the slow cooker, so easy and packed with flavor!

    ReplyDelete
  13. chili is just what is in order as it has just decided to be real winter here in the midwest. looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's what I'm talking about - slow cooker chili! Just finishing up my pot now!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This chili would hit the spot on a cold wintry day - great pick for SRC!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm in the SRC, too. Fun getting to see everyone's creations! This looks so good and a perfect reason to dust off my slow cooker.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I never thought about doing chili in a crockpot! This recipe sounds great!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love chili in the slow cooker. Perfect for the winter weather that has finally shown up. This looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Miz Helen you have a great reputation around SRC! I hope to be assigned your blog one day soon! This recipe is exactly what I'm craving right now on this chilly day. I'd love if you check our my new site seasonalpotluck.com February is oranges month so if you have any orange recipes, we'd love if you'd link up! http://bit.ly/zDoNfx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yummy ... I usually don't have the patience to wait around for this long to cook something. I'd love to try a pressure cooker version of this.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This chili looks so tasty Miz Helen!

    ReplyDelete
  22. That looks like one good chili, Miz Helen! Happy Valentine's Day to you & your honey!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have recently started using my slow cooker again. Chili has always been a favorite for the slow cooker. Thanks for the new recipe--I like the addition of the cumin and the use of chili beans. I had forgotten how much I used to enjoy using chili beans...how did that happen? As a matter of fact, I'm going to make chili tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am in love with my slow cooker right now, so this sounds perfect! Nice warm recipe for Secret Recipe Club!

    ReplyDelete
  25. lookin good sister! my chili recipe is made on the stove and i'm glad to have found one that i can just chuck together and leave alone :) i can just imagine the wonderful smells that would waft through the house as this cooks!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the way your SRC chili turned out, Miz Helen! I can imagine the amazing aroma throughout your kitchen. I must check out the Tasty Tuesday Tidbits for next time. Great recipes posted!
    Looking forward to link up for Thursday with you:DDD

    ReplyDelete
  27. I wish I had this right now! Kinda chilly and a bit overcast with gorgeous sunset going on. Perfect chili weather! Great SRC pick!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Slow cooker chili is the best! Great recipe choice.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thank you for linking to Must Try Monday. I am always on the lookout for a new chili recipe. I will for sure be trying this!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Try using turkey ground beef 93/7 it tastes better nd healthier too

    ReplyDelete

Your visit has been very special. I look forward to your comments, they are like opening little gifts. Thank you for stopping by and hurry back!
Miz Helen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...