Cranberry Chicken Salad Surprise For Amy


  

We are all so excited to surprise you with this virtual Baby Shower today, we have all been just waiting for this day to surprise you! Each of us will be bringing a very special dish for you to enjoy at your shower today. I am bringing  a lovely Cranberry Chicken Salad served on Endive Spears.

Cranberry Chicken Salad on Endive

Cranberry Chicken Salad
Miz Helen's Kitchen
All The Ingredients In This Recipe Were Made With Organic Gluten and Sugar Free Products
2 cups cubed, poached chicken breast
1 Red Apple, unpeeled and chopped fine
3/4 cup celery chopped fine
3/4 cups dried cranberries
1 tablespoon lemon juice
3/4 cup Greek Yogurt
1/4 cup Mayonnaise (homemade Lemon)
1 teaspoon thyme
1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
Poach the chicken breast in a seasoned poaching liquid of water, 1 chopped celery rib, 1 chopped carrot, 1 onion large chop, 1 garlic pod whole, 1 tablespoon sea salt cover with water and poach the chicken until tender and cooked through. Remove the chicken from the poaching liquid and set aside to cool.
When the poached chicken is cooled chop the chicken, fine chop. 
Chop the apple and toss with the lemon juice.
To the chicken add the apple, celery and cranberries.
Mix the Greek Yogurt and mayonnaise with the thyme and poultry seasoning. 
Add the sauce  mix to the chicken and mix well.
Salt and Pepper to taste
For the shower I am serving the Chicken Salad on chilled Endive Spears.
Print Recipe 

When a baby comes into our life it is a beautiful gift from God, and what a special gift little Nate will be to you and Joe. Nate is getting the greatest family to be a part of, two of the most loving Parents, Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, and close friends, including all the puppies,  he will be loved and cherished everyday of his life. It will be a very special blessing to meet Nate and a joy to watch him grow up. 
I am giving you one of my big hugs!
I love You Miz Amy!
Miz Helen



Miz Helen
Miz Helen

Cookbook Author, Recipe Developer, Organic Gardner.


Comments

  1. Beautiful dish!! Thanks for such a wonderful addition to our shower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miz Helen I'm so happy we're celebrating the upcoming of arrival of Baby Green :) Thanks so much for sharing this beautiful recipe and post. And I'm so glad you're so close to Amy, although I'm envious that you'll get regular visits with them! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy to be introduced to you at this shower! These look and sound amazing and I love the presentation - perfect for a shower or any other festive occassion. Wish I could grab one (or two or three...) right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful presentation--I am sure Amy would just love these! Very elegant and perfect for a shower table. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mz Helen, oh you brought endive!! I am always looking for yummy fillings for one of my favorite veggies. Beautiful! So great to see you at this party. xoLexie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for bringing such a tasty treat! I love chicken salad and especially how light and refreshing it is on endive :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Miz Helen!! Yum! This is one of my favorites from you. It is perfect for a shower - packed with protein for the pregnant mamma and easy to eat with one hand. Thank you for all you've done to make the arrival of Baby Nate so very special! We can't wait for you to hold him. He is so lucky to have you and Leonard in his love.

    Love you!!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, such beautiful presentation Helen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gos, Miz Helen!! These are absolutely beautiful! What a perfect presentation for a shower. And I love this chicken salad recipe. It sounds absolutely amazing!! Amy is just going to adore these! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. How ingenious that this is served in endive! I love it!!! The salad itself sounds super, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an elegant presentation. Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Miz Helen - i love the combination of the apples, cranberries and thyme! i would never have thought to pair thyme with this dish - clever lady! Actually, endive is our next Rock Paper Ingredient challenge... i may use this for inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love chicken salads and I can't wait to try your recipe! I love that you added both apples and cranberries. I also appreciate that part of the dressing is made up of yoghurt which is a little healthier than using straight mayo. Thanks for sharing another delicious recipe with us.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely idea - and what a delicious chicken salad. I always love celery in a chicken salad, and I like your addition of the cranberries too. Thank you for sharing this delicious dish!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great chicken salad recipe! Love the addition of the cranberries! Sorry I missed the baby shower. Looks like it was a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice post. If you like chicken, you might like my take on Sichuan chicken. http://caroleschatter.blogspot.co.nz/2012/03/my-take-on-sichuan-chicken.html. I hope it is gluten free.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your visit has been very special. I look forward to your comments, they are like opening little gifts. Thank you for stopping by and hurry back!
Miz Helen