Strawberry Jalapeno Muffins

We were having some close friends over for brunch and I wanted to have a special muffin to serve. I came up with a Strawberry Jalapeno Muffin using my Strawberry Jalapeno Jam that I made this summer. We just loved this muffin and I hope you enjoy them.

Strawberry Jalapeno Muffins

Strawberry Jalapeno Muffins
Miz Helen's Kitchen
8 to 10 Muffins
11/2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg, lightly beaten
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup oil
Mix all the dry ingredients stir in  the wet ingredients and mix well. Spoon 2 tablespoons batter in the bottom of each muffin tin, then 1 tablespoon of the Strawberry Jalapeno Jam on top of the batter. Cover each of the muffins with the remainder of the batter. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Serve warm with additional jam on the side.
Strawberry Jalapeno Jam
Strawberry Jalapeno Jam
Miz Helen's Kitchen
4 pints of Strawberries 
7 cups sugar
2 tablespoons Jalapeno seeded and chopped fine
1 packet of Sure Jell
1/2 teaspoons butter
Be Sure and Read The Directions In The Sure Jell Box Before Beginning This Process
Wash, and remove the stems from the berries. Mash the berries with a masher. Place 5 cups of mashed berries into a heavy sauce pan. Mix in the seeded Jalapeno that has been chopped fine. Stir in one packet of the Sure Jell and mix thoroughly. Add the butter. The butter will reduce the foaming. Bring the berry mixture to a full rolling boil stirring constantly. Quickly stir in the sugar stirring constantly and return to a full rolling boil. Boil for exactly 1 minute stirring constantly and remove from heat. Skim off any foam.
Ladle into prepared jars and seal. Process in a hot water bath for 10 minutes. Remove jars and let cool . Make sure that the lid has sealed before storing in a cool dry place.
 Prepare The Muffins

Enjoy Your Muffin!

I am so happy that you stopped by today to have a muffin with us. Hope you will have a great week and come back soon!
Peace and Joy
Miz Helen
Miz Helen

Cookbook Author, Recipe Developer, Organic Gardner.


Comments

  1. These look delicious! I have recently tried my hand at canning and can't wait until summer to make some delicious jams and jellies. The Strawberry jalepeno definitely is a must try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The muffin with jam looks wonderful! I make a Christmas Jam, with strawberries & cranberries, but yours sounds delicious, Miz Helen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look so yummy! Sweet and spicy...I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never had one but sure would: they are sooo yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look good. I'm a lover of muffins and will most likely try these. I'd arm-wrestle you for that coffee cup. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh wow, this must feel so zingy!Love the idea of the hot and sweet combo of Jalapenos and Strawberry - all put together in a warm muffin:)Delicious muffins, Miz Helen and a great idea.Have a nice week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those look good Miz Helen. I've never tried jalepeno jelly thought I've heard of it. Mainly I'm been afraid of it being really hot. Sounds like the strawberry is a nice combination with it though, so I bet ti's good. You're welcome to add this or any other recipe you have this week to my party, which starts tonight. See you later this week at yours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds great! I'd love to make some of the jam this year:@)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are some happy muffins! That jam looks AWESOME! Could think of many ways to enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the combination of hot and sweet in that lovely jam. Your muffins look so pretty with the punch of red, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, Miz Helen, I just love your strawberry-jalapeno jam. I learned something new; adding a little butter to bring to a foam...wow! Also I love the spice of the jalapeno. Will try this real soon, and link it back to you. Just wondering about the muffin recipe...is it plain vanilla?
    Will link up for sure for Thursday's Full Plate!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Elisabeth,
    The muffin is plain vanilla, I wanted the Strawberry Jalapeno Jam to be the star so I did not put any extract or any other flavor in the muffin. You could however put any kind of flavor in the muffin and it would be great. Thanks for stopping by, its always great to see you!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love marmalade muffins -- would never have imagined them being made with a strawberry jalapeño jam -- sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful contrast in flavors this is and such good flavors. I am happy you linked this up.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love those sweet and spicy jams and then to put them in a muffin!?!!? Brilliant! Send me about 6 of these please. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. These sound so good. I think my guys would really like them! Patsy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Helen, these look fantastic. What an interesting combination of flavors...it sounds soooooo yummy!!! It has been featured in this week's edition of Makin' You Crave Monday. I'd love it if you popped it to say hi! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your visit has been very special. I look forward to your comments, they are like opening little gifts. Thank you for stopping by and hurry back!
Miz Helen