Pomegranate Chocolate Cookies

Whats In The Cookie Jar

When friends and family come into my kitchen one of the first places they head is to the Cookie Jar and the question is always Whats In The Cookie Jar? The cookie that we have in the Cookie Jar today is a great crisp cookie with the bite of Pomegranate exploding in your mouth. It has a great color and would be great for your Cookie Jar.




Pomegranate Chocolate Cookies

Pomegranate Chocolate Cookies
Miz Helen's Kitchen
Ingredients
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup butter softened
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups oatmeal
2 1/2 cups flour
12 ounces chocolate chips
1 cup fresh Pomegranate Seeds
Directions
In a large mixing bowl mix the brown sugar, white sugar, and eggs until mixed well, add the butter and mix well. 
Mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt, add the flour mix to the sugar and egg mixture a little at a time and mix well with each addition. 
Stir in the oatmeal, chocolate chips and Pomegranate until mixed well. 
Shape into balls and press down slightly with a fork. 
Bake on lightly greased cookie sheets at 400 degrees for 8 minutes. Do Not Over Bake
Print Recipe



Is That Your Hand In That Cookie Jar?


Enjoy Your Cookies!

I sure am happy that you stopped by today to have a cookie and a cup of tea. I always look forward to spending time with you. Come back to see us real soon!
Peace and Joy
Miz Helen

This Post Is Linked To
These Great Parties

Miz Helen
Miz Helen

Cookbook Author, Recipe Developer, Organic Gardner.


Comments

  1. Mitz Helen I love your cookies in the jar, look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great combination! Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I think these are a HIT!
    Cant wait to try them out!
    Merry Christmas Miz Helen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic combination: pomegranate and chocolate! These cookies look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oops, tried editing my post, but managed to delete it!

    Oh my, I need to try these! My whole family loves pomegranate and I bet they would flip for these cookies!

    Miz Helen, do you know how many pomegranates I would need to make a cup of seeds?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi DG,
    I had a medium sized Pomegranate and it gave me almost 1 1/2 cups, so one Pomegranate should be enough. Hope you enjoy the cookies!
    Merry Christmas!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I'm going to bake this cookie. I took a look at past posts and I love all your recipes. Nice to meet you Helen. Deb (Ontario, Canada)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there! This is my first time to link up with you! Your blog is amazing. I'm your newest follower also!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonder how white choc would do, since I hate choc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Celticat,
      White Chocolate or no chocolate sounds good to me. This is a recipe that could be very versitle. Enjoy and thanks so much for stopping by!
      Miz Helen

      Delete

Post a Comment

Your visit has been very special. I look forward to your comments, they are like opening little gifts. Thank you for stopping by and hurry back!
Miz Helen