Green Chili Chicken Enchilada's

We love our Tex Mex here at the Country Cottage. If you have been following me a while you know that I love to develop recipes and this is one that I just developed especially for our Christmas Eve Buffet this year. We really enjoyed this recipe and I sure hope that you like it to.

Green Chili Chicken Enchilada's at Miz Helen's Country Cottage

 Green Chili Chicken Enchilada's

Green Chili Chicken Enchilada's
Miz Helen's Kitchen 
16 Enchilada's
3 cups Chicken Breast Chopped
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon Chipotle powder (for less spicy use 1/2 teaspoon)
1 cup sharp Cheddar Cheese grated (use Longhorn Cheese if available)
1 cup Pepper Jack Cheese grated
For The Sauce
1 cup chopped Green Chilis
1 1/2 cups Green Chili Enchilada Sauce
2 cups Sour Cream
16 Corn Tortilla's
The Chicken
I poached my chicken breast in very salty water, then let cool before chopping. 
Season the chopped chicken with the salt, pepper, cumin and Chipotle powder.
Mix the Cheddar and the Pepper Jack Cheese together.
For The Sauce
Mix  the Green Chili's the Green Chili Enchilada Sauce and the Sour Cream
The Tortilla's
In an effort to present a healthy option, I heated my tortilla's in a tortilla warmer in the micro wave for 45 seconds. This will make them easier to roll without dipping them in the hot lard.
The Enchilada
Layer the chicken right down the center of the tortilla then layer the cheese on top.
Add about 1/2 cup of the sauce to the bottom of the baking dish.
Roll the tortilla and place in the baking pan seam down. Cover the enchilada's with a generous portion of the sauce.
Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes
Serve with the sauce on the side
I made 8 enchilada's in one pan that we had for dinner and the other pan of 8 I baked and are in the freezer for another day. They will freeze very well.
Print Recipe 

Green Chili Chicken Enchilada's at Miz Helen's Country Cottage

Season The Chicken

Green Chili Chicken Enchilada's at Miz Helen's Country Cottage

Grate and Mix The Cheeses

Green Chili Chicken Enchilada's at Miz Helen's Country Cottage

Mix The Sauce

Green Chili Chicken Enchilada's at Miz Helen's Country Cottage

Heat The Tortilla's

Green Chili Chicken Enchilada's at Miz Helen's Country Cottage

Seam Down In Baking Dish

Green Chili Chicken Enchilada's at Miz Helen's Country Cottage

A Generous Portion of Sauce On Top and Bake

Green Chili Chicken Enchilada's at Miz Helen's Country Cottage

Enjoy!

I am so happy that you stopped by to have Enchilada's with us today. I always look forward to seeing you and hope to see you again at Full Plate Thursday this week! Come back to see us real soon.
Peace and Joy
Miz Helen
Miz Helen

Cookbook Author, Recipe Developer, Organic Gardner.


Comments

  1. These look really good. I have yet to try a recipe like this and keep finding ones that look good, but yours looks really easy!!! I'm going to try this when my daughter comes home from college for Christmas because I know she'll love it! Thanks for posting. Hope you're having a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This recipe looks delicious! I've been looking for a good, easy Green Chili Enchilada recipe and I think this is the perfect one. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! This looks like it will be a winner in our home. We also love tex-mex. We go out for mexican food every week! Sure makes it difficult to stay on a diet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love TexMex too! This is making me really hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great recipe! I noticed you have to place your enchiladas like I Do.....(always a couple facing the other direction). I WONDER if a skinny baking dish is made for enchiladas. LOL! Merry CHRISTmas ya'll from Houston, TX

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would have been a fixture at your buffet line.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmm, this is one of our favorite meals. I'll have to try your recipe. Looks delicious!
    -Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm comin' to you house for Christmas Eve Buffet! Looks like a winner of a dish!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohmy, Miz Helen, what a perfect Christmas buffet recipe! I can't wait to try this delicious recipe. Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum-these are making me hungry too! Great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Mexican too! These enchiladas look so tempting I could eat them all in a moment!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These look so good, I wish I could make them right now! I probably don't have time to go get some chipotle powder and sour cream before dinner, though, so we'll need to wait a day or two. Thanks so much for showing us this recipe, Miz Helen.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Perfect comfort food! I hope to try this yummy recipe soon~

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow...looks so tempting...will surely love to try out sometime !

    ReplyDelete
  15. These look delicious. I might just make these for our Christmas dinner. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stopping over from Tasty Tuesdays! These enchiladas look delicious! I am always looking for new enchilada recipes to try, and being from Texas I assume you make a pretty good enchilada!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These look amazing Helen. I love me some enchiladas! Thanks as always for linking up your delicious recipes!
    Alissa

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Yum! I can't wait to make this! I love Mex food! I am just not a fan of the hot stuff so I will cut back on the seasonings. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This looks fabulous! Thank you so much for linking to Must Try Mondays!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a yummy warming recipe! Thank you for sharing your green chili chicken enchiladas with the Hearth and Soul hop.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is one of my family's favorite recipes....Your version looks divine. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I definitely need to try this out. I love green chile enchiladas and my husband would love the addition of pepperjack!!

    Stopping by from Must Try Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This sounds delicious! Thank you for sharing your recipe with the hearth and Soul Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  24. These look so good that I had to share them on Must Try Tuesday today.

    http://therickettchronicles.blogspot.com/2011/12/50-must-try-tuesday-december-20-2011.html

    Thanks for sharing!

    Wende
    The Rickett Chronicles

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love all the meat with no beans or rice! I will make this my go-to recipe for green chili chicken enchiladas (which we adore) from now on. Thank you, Mix Helen, for another delicious and easy recipe! God bless you and yours this holiday season.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your visit has been very special. I look forward to your comments, they are like opening little gifts. Thank you for stopping by and hurry back!
Miz Helen