Full Plate Thursday 11-10-11

Hello everyone and Welcome to Full Plate Thursday,  I am so excited to see you today. There is a real cozy feeling today as we all begin to gather around the table. The fire is crackling in the fireplace and there is hot cider on the stove, help yourself to a cup of cider while we put your food on the table, it all looks so good.
Your visit is so important to me and thank you so much for coming today and please come back soon!

This Is How I Filled My Plate Last Week
Breakfast
French Toast with Berry Butter at  Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
Morning Snack
Almond Green Tea Cupcakes at Crumbs and Cookies
Lunch
Hot Fudge Sundae Cake  at  A Pinch of Joy
Afternoon Snack
Homemade Larabars Recipe   at Penniless Parenting
Dinner
Pepsi Braised Roast with Horseradish Sauce  at  What's Cooking with Kacey
Light Scalloped Potatoes at  Little Mommy, Big Appetite
Family Favorites at   Mere Thoughts From a Mommy of Boys
Amaretto Pumpkin Bread Pudding  at Sumptuous Spoonfuls

If You Helped Me Fill My Plate Today Please Take The Red Plate Home
The Code Is On The Sideboard

Full Plate Thursday Background Story

When we were young and just starting out in life sometimes we did not have a lot of money. Most of our friends were having to stretch the dollars at the end of the month just like us. My girlfriends and I decided that we would pool our food for some of the evening meals right before payday... the last week of the month. I have some of the fondest memories from those days. We would all bring our food together and we had some great food and great fellowship. We would get the food on the table and everything ready, someone would bless the food and then the hostess would say "come fill your plate".
I have just a few suggestions before you leave your dish and fill your plate.
  • Link directly to YOUR RECIPE  and not to your web page.  
  • Scroll down to the button that says "click here to enter"
  • You will be asked to give your URL ( which will be your direct link to your post), the name of your recipe, and your email which we will not be able to see.
  • Then you will be asked to select a thumbnail from your post that will be uploaded to your entry.
  • Please include a link back to Full Plate Thursday, somewhere on your post. We will give you a gentle reminder if you forget...
  • Please leave me a comment before you leave the page and let me know that you are here, I want to be a good hostess.
  • Don't forget to visit with all the others, after all that is part of the fellowship that makes it so much fun, in addition to all the good food of course...
  • Grab The Full Plate Button if you like and take it home with you.
  • Now God Bless you and your food and everyone fill your plate!
Miz Helen
Miz Helen

Cookbook Author, Recipe Developer, Organic Gardner.


Comments

  1. Miz Helen,
    Thank you sooo much for featuring my scalloped potatoes! I'm so excited!! You are one of my favorite hosts, and your blog is one of my favorites to read. Thanks for all that you do! Enjoy the baked egg rolls I shared this week :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I shared my Cranapple Sauce. I also shared an article about the great new book, Tender Grassfed Barbecue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Miz Helen! Thank you again for hosting this great group of recipes. This week I am sharing a recipe for marinated chicken thighs with roasted tomatoes. Enjoy! -Alissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miz Helen, I have shared Apple Coffee Cake and Chocolate Crinkle Cookies. Thank you so much for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for hosting! I posted a recipe for cream of potato soup and a profile for canned salmon, a great, budget-friendly solution for good eating.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for hosting Miz Helen. I love all the wonderful recipes! Have a great week!
    -Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for hosting every week Miz Helen. I also wanted to thank you again for the gift card from the Chili Cookoff. I got some new books this week thanks to your generosity and have been enjoying reading. Hope you have had a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Miz Helen, thanks for hosting this wonderful carnival! This week I'm sharing my recipe for Steak and Kidney Stew. I'm also doing a review and giveaway of a grain-free cookbook Against the Grain.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Thursday Miz Helen! Your plate sounds wonderful as always.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Miz H, what a wonderful spread I see and the plate looks wonderful,
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Miz Helen! What a fabulous plate and everything sounds so delicious! I'm sharing my Candied Sweet Potato Casserole. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for hosting! Pat

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for hosting Miz Helen! Today I've brought my Broccoli Ramen Salad. Everything looks delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for hosting, Miz Helen! There's so much lovely recipe inspiration here! I've brought my Slice and Bake Chocolate Chip Cookies - you can even slice and bake them from frozen so you are never more than minutes away from hot, fresh cookies to serve your guests.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like you had a yummy week, the pumpkin bread pudding sounds great:@)

    ReplyDelete
  16. http://recipesdealsetc.blogspot.com/2011/11/quick-candy.html Not sure if my link has posted. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for hosting Miz Helen! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I forgot to link up last night and I haven't even had my coffee or breakfast this morning ~ all these wonderful dishes make me drool!

    Thanks so much for hosting ~ hope you're enjoying these cooler temps.

    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great selection of recipes you have each week. I posted Minestrone--a forgiving soup recipe that can take many alterations.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You always have such a great turn out. So many delicious looking recipes. We linked cranberry couscous. Come visit.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for hosting, Miz Helen! I have share my seafood chowder:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Miz Helen
    It's the 1st time for me here, and the collection is wonderful!
    I share my Sweet pumpkin Challah, and Povitica - easten European sweet-bread.
    Thank you for hosting this!
    My blog is in Hebrew, but you can find translators on top left side-bar
    Winnie

    ReplyDelete
  23. Miz Helen, thank you for hosting this great party! I am your newest follower. I am #118 at your party!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a delicious Full Plate once again Miz Helen. I absolutely love the Amaretto pumpkin bread pudding....yummy.

    Thank you for hosting. I am sharing my Plum Crumb Cake today.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hello Miz Helen..I am sharing my Spicy Black Bean Spareribs and my Oreo and Cream Muffins.Thanks for hosting and sharing

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks for hosting, Miz Helen! Lots of yummy things on your plate -- and I look forward to trying some of them!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks so much for featuring my Roast Beef. Thanks for hosting a wonderful party!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a Collection of Thanks Giving and Pumpkin related recipes Miz Helen!! I am just featuring easy peasy Flaky fish recipe today. Hope you will Enjoy!


    -Mythreyi
    Yum! Yum! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thank you, Miz Helen, for featuring my Hot Fudge Sundae Cake. Delighted to be a part of a full Red Plate! Thank you, too, for hosting each week -- I love to see the variety of dishes!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your visit has been very special. I look forward to your comments, they are like opening little gifts. Thank you for stopping by and hurry back!
Miz Helen