Full Plate Thursday 9-29-11

Happy Fall Ya'll and Welcome to Full Plate Thursday! I am so happy that you could come over today to share this great party with us. Come right over here and we will get your food out on the table I just know it will be delicious. Thank you so much for coming today and please come back soon!
I have a very special invitation for YOU!

You Are Invited to Participate In 
The 2nd Annual
Texas Star Chili Cook-Off
October 1 through October 31
For Details 
Bring Your Best Bowl Of Chili

This Is How I Filled My Plate Last Week
Breakfast
Ableskivers  at The Real Housewives of Riverton
Morning Snack
Apple Turnovers at Carolina Heart Strings
Lunch
Crab Mango and Avocado Tower at A Spoonful of Thyme
Chocolate Souffle Cake  at Misadventures In Cooking
Afternoon Snack
Jello Krispie Apples  at  Flour Me With Love
Dinner
Grilled Salmon with Roasted Cherry Tomatoes and Parmesan Grits 
at Another Marvelous Meal
Blueberry Custard Tart  at The Traveling Spoon
If You Helped To Fill My Plate Today Please Take The Red Plate Home

The Code Is On The Sidebar
Full Plate Thursday Background Story

When we were young and just starting out in life sometimes we did not have a lot of money. Most of our friends were having to stretch the dollars at the end of the month just like us. My girlfriends and I decided that we would pool our food for some of the evening meals right before payday... the last week of the month. I have some of the fondest memories from those days. We would all bring our food together and we had some great food and great fellowship. We would get the food on the table and everything ready, someone would bless the food and then the hostess would say "come fill your plate".
I have just a few suggestions before you leave your dish and fill your plate.
  • Link directly to YOUR RECIPE  and not to your web page.  
  • Scroll down to the button that says "click here to enter"
  • You will be asked to give your URL ( which will be your direct link to your post), the name of your recipe, and your email which we will not be able to see.
  • Then you will be asked to select a thumbnail from your post that will be uploaded to your entry.
  • Please include a link back to Full Plate Thursday, somewhere on your post. We will give you a gentle reminder if you forget...
  • Please leave me a comment before you leave the page and let me know that you are here, I want to be a good hostess.
  • Don't forget to visit with all the others, after all that is part of the fellowship that makes it so much fun, in addition to all the good food of course...
  • Grab The Full Plate Button if you like and take it home with you.
  • Now God Bless you and your food and everyone fill your plate!


Miz Helen
Miz Helen

Cookbook Author, Recipe Developer, Organic Gardner.


Comments

  1. Thanks for hosting! Have a great week Miz Helen! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for hosting--there's always great recipes here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    I shared my videos for making pecan crusted apple crisp and grain-fee matzoh balls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Miz Helen! Loved the way you filled your plate this week! I'm sharing my Pecan Pie brownies. Thanks so much for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miz Helen, I have shared some goodies, thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for hosting! I am interested in that Texas Chili Cook-Off! My hubs loves chili, but more the cubed meat and sauce kind, not so much the stuff with ground beef and beans. Hmmm, what will I cook up??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much, Helen, for hosting.
    All your goodies shared look fantastic.:)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmmm mmmmm good! Thanks again for hosting ~

    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for featuring my apples and for hosting too! Have a wonderful week :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for featuring my apples and for hosting too! Have a wonderful week :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for featuring my apples and for hosting too! Have a wonderful week :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for featuring my apples and for hosting too! Have a wonderful week :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for hosting Miz Helen. I always enjoy visiting your blog! I submitted recipes for Tex-Mex Beef Enchiladas and Slow Cooker Pasta Fagioli.

    I can't wait to see the chili cook off recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for hosting! I posted a profile of hibiscus flower with recipe ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Miz Helen! I'm here early this week and am linking up my favorite snack - blue cheese & apple salad.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Miz Helen, I've brought a plate of Coconut Cake to share! Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, what a lot of wonderful recipes there are already this week, plus some excellent features! I've brought my delicious lightened up Shrimp Almost Alfredo. Thank you for hostings, Miz Helen!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi! I'm sharing my Stuffed Courgettes recipe this week! Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for hosting! I brought some whole grain brownies.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for hosting! I always love seeing how you filled you plate!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for hosting! I brought Panera Broccoli and Cheese Soup!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for hosting, Miz Helen. :) My dd and I brought our whole wheat apple cheddar muffins to share today -- enjoy! Blessings, ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is my first week joining Full Plate Thursday. I am sharing my recipe for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins. Thanks for hosting - can't wait to browse :)!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks so much for hosting & hope to see you again on Monday over at the Mrs!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for hosting this blog carnival! I shared my super yummy Italian Chicken Lettuce Wraps and Cucumber Tomato Salad, to use up the last of those summer veggies! http://www.wellfedhomestead.com/2011/09/29/italian-chicken-lettuce-wraps-and-cucumber-tomato-salad/

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks for including my Blueberry Custard Tarts in your full plate - lots of delicious choices here! Thank you, as always, for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Miz Helen, I don't see the linky tool that is normally displayed here. Maybe I'll leave my link in the comment section. I'm sharing my recipe for some healthy comfort food, Beet and Barley Risotto.

    http://www.beyondthepeel.net/2011/09/beet-and-walnut-barley-risotto-with-bacon-and-blue-cheese.html

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hello Miz Helen, I am joining you again this Thursday. I added the Pineapple Upside Down Cornmeal Cake..yum!

    Smile Bunches Today!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks for picking out apple turnovers for your morning snack. We appreciate that. We linked up the most amazing apple cake you will ever taste today. Come over and visit.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Miz Helen, hope your weather is pleasant and fall-like.

    Thank you for hosting this great party. I've shared linguine with parsley sauce.

    Have a great weekend,
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  31. Miz Helen, thank you for being such a wonderful Hostess! ~Hugs, M

    ReplyDelete
  32. Miz Helen I'm having few problems,I linked up twice #139 #140....could you please delete one.
    Sorry!
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thank you for honoring me once again, Miz Helen! You are always such a gracious host.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Happy Friday Miz Helen! Loving all of these fall dishes! I've linked up my homemade twix bars. Thanks for hostessing as always! - Cares

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thanks, as always, for hosting Miz Helen! This weeks collection looks really good, can't wait to browse!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi, Miz Helen. Is Jaque new? What a cutie she is! I shared a recipe for chocolate cake with buttercream icing today. Thank you for hosting us!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi Miz Helen, thanks for hosting! I'm sharing my Boiled Peanuts with Chinese Five Spice.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hi Miz Helen, I am sharing my Easy Fusion Ciabatta pizza and thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your visit has been very special. I look forward to your comments, they are like opening little gifts. Thank you for stopping by and hurry back!
Miz Helen