Full Plate Thursday 9-1-11

Good Morning and Welcome to Full Plate Thursday! I look forward to seeing you every Thursday and am so excited when I see you coming down the road. Our thoughts and prayers are going out to our friends on the coast and we are hoping to see some of them back on line really soon. We on the other hand are enjoying cooler temperatures at last and it is so wonderful! I am so excited to see what you are sharing this week so lets get to the table. Thank you so much for coming today and please come back real soon!

This Is How I Filled My Plate Last Week
Breakfast
Saturday Brunch  All Is Amazing
Morning Snack
Iced Coffee  Patty at Pattitudes
Lunch
Tomatillo Gazpacho   Bailey K. at Let Birds Fly
Green Chile Chicken Casserole  Pat at Gypsy Heart
Lemon Blueberry Bars   Mandy at Mandy's Recipe Box
Afternoon Snack
Strawberry Filled Goodness  Tina at Sugar Bean Bakers
Dinner
Vegetable Lasagna   Kari at Kari's Creations
Plum Crumb Cake  Kristen at The Sweet Swiper
If You Helped Me Fill My Plate Please Take The Red Plate Home


Full Plate Thursday Background Story

When we were young and just starting out in life sometimes we did not have a lot of money. Most of our friends were having to stretch the dollars at the end of the month just like us. My girlfriends and I decided that we would pool our food for some of the evening meals right before payday... the last week of the month. I have some of the fondest memories from those days. We would all bring our food together and we had some great food and great fellowship. We would get the food on the table and everything ready, someone would bless the food and then the hostess would say "come fill your plate".
I have just a few suggestions before you leave your dish and fill your plate.
  • Link directly to YOUR RECIPE  and not to your web page.  
  • Scroll down to the button that says "click here to enter"
  • You will be asked to give your URL ( which will be your direct link to your post), the name of your recipe, and your email which we will not be able to see.
  • Then you will be asked to select a thumbnail from your post that will be uploaded to your entry.
  • Please include a link back to Full Plate Thursday, somewhere on your post. We will give you a gentle reminder if you forget...
  • Please leave me a comment before you leave the page and let me know that you are here, I want to be a good hostess.
  • Don't forget to visit with all the others, after all that is part of the fellowship that makes it so much fun, in addition to all the good food of course...
  • Grab The Full Plate Button if you like and take it home with you.
  • Now God Bless you and your food and everyone fill your plate!
Miz Helen
Miz Helen

Cookbook Author, Recipe Developer, Organic Gardner.


Comments

  1. Delicious recipes Helen, all look nice I link my apple tart., gloria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi and thanks for hosting and for your kind thoughts for the East Coasters. We are getting back to normal in my area in VA, electricty on and clean up started. I know there are so many that had it so much worse than we did, with devistating damage. And like you said...I hope to see them back online soon.
    You have filled your plate with lots of yummy goodness this week and with the cooler weather, it should be a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Miz Helen,
    I shared my String Bean Salad and two articles I hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks so much, miz helen..:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for hosting for another great week! Can't wait to check out all the great recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have linked up Coconut Cream Pie, Sourdough Bread, Spice Cupcakes, and Mexican Chicken. Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I posted a video recipe for tomatillo sauce, a great way to enjoy your tomatillo crop.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for hosting again, Miz Helen....lovely party as always.

    I am bringing Mandarin Shrimp with Rice today....hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi,
    Thanks for hosting! I'm sharing my homemade ice cream post. Unfortunately I cannot get into blogger right now but I will link back to your site as soon as I can get in...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Miz Helen. Thanks for featuring my Plum Crumb Cake! This week I've brought some summertime chili and strawberry almond tarts. Have a fantastic week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for hosting! I shared a super yummy Chocolate Fudge Sauce recipe (sweetened w/ honey, there's a vegan-option too). Thanks again :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yum everything looks so good... will be checking out as many as I can........ mine this week is a Roasted Corn Cherry Tomato Salad. Easy and simple.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Miz Helen! Sending my entry for this week..
    thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have a lot of wonderful participants already and I'll be reading some yummy recipes soon. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just have lemon blueberry bars on my mind now.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for hosting this wonderful event. I look forward to seeing you on Thursday's! Today I bring you Mom's Green Tomato Bread. Hope you try it......it's very good! Have a wonderful holiday weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good Morning, Miz Helen! Happy Thursday to you! I've brought Korean Pancakes with a Spicy Dipping sauce to the table today. I hope you enjoy them. Have a happy and safe holiday weekend, Candace

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for hosting, Miz Helen. :) I'm sharing our fresh lemon yogurt muffins today and praying for those affected by the recent hurricane -- what a mess.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You have a great site! I am excited to try all of the recipes:).

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for featuring my Lemon Blueberry Bars. I am sharing my Slow Cooked Chicken Alfredo today! So comforting!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you so much Helen for featuring my Iced Coffee recipe this week! I wish I had something to post this week, but I've been to busy to eat! Too many other projects I have to get done leaving me no time to cook! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks as always for hosting this great party! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, I can't wait to try those pork tacos! I'm in a mexican food frame of mind right now. :-) Thanks so much for featuring me this week!! And thank you for hosting again ~ so many great recipes here.

    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for hosting, Helen! I linked up my Peach Upside Down Cake~

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm going to bring some heartwarming Italian Soup to welcome September! Thanks for being the hostess with the mostess! : )

    Bless you! xxoo ~Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks for featuring my Veggie Lasagna this week! I'm linking up my Asian Pear Salad today. Hope you are having a good week and things are cooling off for you all up there. It's supposed to get in the low 90s this weekend. I can't wait. After this long summer of over 100 degrees all thetime it will probably feel like winter to get below 95!....:)

    ReplyDelete
  27. P.S. I finally got your badge to come up successfully on my post. Is it supposed to link to you if I click on the badge? I don't think it does. I did put a link underneath the badge though. Sorry, not too technologically savvy over here...:)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you for hosting Miz Helen! I am sharing my recipe for homemade SUPER flaky pie crust and my recipe for homemade chicken pot pie. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  29. What great recipes this week. I cannot wait to try some of them. We linked up a terrific scone recipe. Come on over and visit.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I shared burnt sugar almonds, honey garlic meatballs, cheese souffle and a few other recent recipes I have made. Thank you for hosting. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Miz Helen, everything looks so scrumptious! Thank you for hosting and having a wonderful weekend!!
    <><
    Concetta

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi Miz Helen! Hope you've had a lovely week! I'm sharing two gluten-free crumbles this week one of which is suitable for the SCD!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thank you for hosting another Full Plate Thursday. I'm sharing my back to school favorite: Almond Cookie Crisps this week. Take care and have a good one.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi, Miz Helen. Everything looks wonderful as always! I shared a recipe for chicken meatballs today. Thank you for hosting us.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi Miz Helen! I'm linking up my Crawfish Stuffed Bell Peppers. Thanks for hosting and have a great holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi Miz helen, I have sent a simple watermelon salad to Full Plate this week. Hopefully it cools off all that heat in Texas. :-)

    -Mythreyi
    Yum! Yum! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Better late than never! Power's still out, but I'm posting a good ole fave! Thanks for the party!
    http://www.homesandbabies.com
    http://notyourordinaryrecipes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. Thanks again for hosting!

    P.S. I mentioned you on my blog, come check it out.

    http://hunwhatsfordinner.blogspot.com/2011/09/7-links-and-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  39. I'm a little late linking up this week but couldn't pass this wonderful party up! Have a happy and safe Labor Day Weekend! - Cares

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hi Miz Helen. How has your week been? Ours has been busy with Father's Day activities all week. (Tomorrow is Father's Day here in Australia.) I'm late getting around to posting my recipes. It was also the 1st day of Spring on Thursday so a few salad, summery dishes to come. I know, I'll be too late. LOL

    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  41. Hi Miz Helen, I've brought some muffins to share! Thank you for hosting! Have a lovely Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  42. What another great roundup Miz Helen! I am so sorry that I'm late; just so busy at work that I barely got my linky party up yesterday! I brought some stuffed red peppers today and I hope that you can stop by and link up over at my place too (unless you already have, cuz I haven't read anyone's yet). Stay cool! Roz

    ReplyDelete
  43. I ran into this page mistakenly, surprisingly, this is a great website.The site owner has carried out a superb job of putting it together, the info here is really insightful. Now i am going to bookmark this internet site so that I can revisit in the future Jobs.
    home security system tucson

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your visit has been very special. I look forward to your comments, they are like opening little gifts. Thank you for stopping by and hurry back!
Miz Helen