Full Plate Thursday 7-14-11

I am so glad to see you today, Welcome to Full Plate Thursday!  We are trying to stay out of the heat, the temperatures have been unusually high. We have to do all our gardening very early in the morning or very late in the evening. We have been having a great harvest and canning everything that we can get to the kitchen. I am so excited to see what you have brought to share with us today. Thank you so much for coming today and I sure hope you will come back real soon! Stay cool and drink plenty of water during this heat.
This Is How I Filled My Plate Last Week
Breakfast
Morning Snack
Raspberry Orange Cooler  Rachel at Simple Girl
Lunch
Pina Colada Cake  Crystal at Crystal and Company
Afternoon Snack
Whoopie Pies  Jo at Thats My Story and I'm Stickin To It
Dinner
Lemon Rosemary and Balsamic Grilled Chicken  Julie at A Little Bit of Everything From The Good Life
Mexican Corn Salad  Jennifer at Imitation By Design
Chocolate and Hazelnut Toffee Tart  Joy at Kitchen Flavours
Canning Season
Pickled String Beans  Lynn at  Happier Than A Pig In Mud
Preserving Food  Pary at Pary Moppins
If You Have Helped Me Fill My Plate Please Take The Red Plate Home
The Code Is On The Side Bar

Full Plate Thursday Background Story
When we were young and just starting out in life sometimes we did not have a lot of money. Most of our friends were having to stretch the dollars at the end of the month just like us. My girlfriends and I decided that we would pool our food for some of the evening meals right before payday... the last week of the month. I have some of the fondest memories from those days. We would all bring our food together and we had some great food and great fellowship. We would get the food on the table and everything ready, someone would bless the food and then the hostess would say "come fill your plate".
I have just a few suggestions before you leave your dish and fill your plate.
  • Link directly to YOUR RECIPE  and not to your web page.  
  • Scroll down to the button that says "click here to enter"
  • You will be asked to give your URL ( which will be your direct link to your post), the name of your recipe, and your email which we will not be able to see.
  • Then you will be asked to select a thumbnail from your post that will be uploaded to your entry.
  • Please include a link back to Full Plate Thursday, somewhere on your post. We will give you a gentle reminder if you forget...
  • Please leave me a comment before you leave the page and let me know that you are here, I want to be a good hostess.
  • Don't forget to visit with all the others, after all that is part of the fellowship that makes it so much fun, in addition to all the good food of course...
  • Grab The Full Plate Button if you like and take it home with you.
  • Now God Bless you and your food and everyone fill your plate!
Miz Helen
Miz Helen

Cookbook Author, Recipe Developer, Organic Gardner.


Comments

  1. Thanks so much for hosting another lovely Full Plate Thursday! I love seeing all the wonderful dishes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gidday Miz Helen! Hope you've had a great week. Here's my submissions for the week. Have a Lamb & Chorizo in the slow cooker now so hopefully I'll get to post about it before your Linky party ends but if not, it can go on next week. (Chilli is probably the last thing you guys are thinking of over there in the heat! LOL) Been a cold winter for us here in Australia.

    Thanks for hosting!

    Anne @ Domesblissity

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Miz Helen! I'm linking up my Seafood Jambalaya Casserole today. Thanks so much for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for another fabulous party!
    I linked up my Homemade Blackberry Cheesecake Ice Cream

    ReplyDelete
  5. I finally remembered to have a post ready in time...thank you so much for hosting this event. I love going back over the previous full plate thursdays so that I can read all of the interesting recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Miz Helen! Thank you for hosting the fun party! I linked up my stork bundle sandwiches...perfect for a new momma!

    Lisa
    thepearsonfamilee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for hosting Miz Helen! I've linked up some peach pie, chocolate chip cookie dough cupcakes, and grilled breakfast pizza. Have a fabulous week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for hosting, Miz Helen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy {almost} Thursday! Thanks for hosting such a wonderful linky.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm back this week with a new muffin recipe and also one of our favorite pizza recipes. Thanks for hosting, Miz Helen! Such a wonderful collection of recipes here to browse through!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Miz Helen, wish you a great weekend! :) LG Tina

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful party Miz Helen!!!! Everthing looks so incredibly delicious!!
    <><
    Concetta

    ReplyDelete
  13. My, Miz Helen....what a full plate you have.

    Thank you for hosting again....everything looks so yummy. I can gain weight just looking at it all.

    Today I am bringing you Faux Spaghetti sauce and some simple Cinnamon loaf.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Thursday, Miz Helen! Thanks so much for hosting! I've brought some White Bean Blondies to lighten up the dessert table today. Hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for hosting, Miz Helen! I brought some mini oreo cheesecakes. Have a blessed day.
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Miz Helen, fresh figs are beginning to come off, time for some marmalade. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for hosting and featuring my recipe for the Cream of Wheat Pancakes! Everything looks great as always! Have a great day Miz Helen!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Miz Helen,
    Thanks so much for hosting. You throw a great party!
    Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ummm, everything you put on your plate looks and sounds delicious.
    Thanks, Helen, for hosting.
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello hello!

    I linked up a how to make FOOD as opposed to making a recipe out of food this week - I hope that is ok??

    Looking forward to clicking through lots of recipes today Miz Helen!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you for hosting. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have linked up my Stuffed Banana Peppers recipe, now they are not sweet anymore as stuffed with spices. Enjoy!

    -Mythreyi
    Yum! Yum! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Another fantastic full plate Thursday. I linked up a great brushetta recipe today. Come over and visit us.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great party you are hosting. I brought a few items from a wonderful 4th of July weekend with the family:)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks Miz Helen for hosting and for featuring me this week on your Full Plate. :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks for always stopping by for a visit. I really appreciate it. It looks like another really full plate this week.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Miz Helen,
    Its nice to be back here.I brought my Hot Taco Salad,Thanks hosting and sharing

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Miz Helen! Thought I'd share my easy roast chicken and dressing.

    ReplyDelete
  29. As always, thank you for hostessing!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks for hosting, Honey Oatmeal Bread from me this week , have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  31. All these delicious dishes ~ I am totally starving! Everything you make looks wonderful. Thanks so much for hosting again!

    Hope you're staying cool ~
    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thanks for hosting this great list of recipes. I can't wait to try some of them. I've shared an easy angel food cake recipe.

    Have a great weekend.
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thanks for the feature! I have no recipes this week to share, but so glad you shared my Pina Colada Cake with you're readers.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thanks for featuring me on Full Plate Thursday and thanks for hosting such a great blog party!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thank you for featuring me on Full Plate Thursday! It really means a lot to me to be noticed on such an amazing blog. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  36. thanks so much Miz Helen for the feature! I'm super excited to add a red plate to my collection :D

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi Miz Helen, Thank you for featuring my Chocolate Tart! That is really sweet of you! I've linked up another dessert to share. Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hi Miz Helen! I have posted my Harry Potter Cupcakes and my newest Princess Ice Cream Sandwich cupcakes. Thanks for hosting, cant wait to look at all the new recipes for the week! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Have a great weekend Miz Helen!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your visit has been very special. I look forward to your comments, they are like opening little gifts. Thank you for stopping by and hurry back!
Miz Helen