Full Plate Thursday 6-16-11


Thank You God It Rained!!! Hello everyone I am so happy to see you today! Welcome to Full Plate Thursday. I look forward to Thursday every week because we have so much fun together. I can't wait to see what you have brought to share this week. Thank you so much for coming to share your wonderful food with us and come back soon!
This Is How I Filled My Plate Last Week
Breakfast
Chocolate French Toast  Vivre
Morning Snack
Rhubarb Nut Bread  The Alchemist
Lunch
My Nutritious Salad   Lori at Always Learning
Broccoli Fettuccine Alfredo  Sarah at Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
Snickerdoodle Bundt Cake   Julie at  Little Bit of Every
Afternoon Snack
Watermelon Clone Sicles  Tadka Pasta
My next selection is like going home for me and if I could go home and have supper with my parents who are no longer with us, it might very well be some of these same dishes.
Thanks BJ for taking me home!
Comfort Foods  BJ at Sweet Nothings
A Special Treat For Jaque
Dog Biscuits Betty at Little Farm In The Big City
If You Helped Fill My Plate Then Please Take This Red Plate Home
The Code Is On The Side Bar

Full Plate Thursday Background Story
When we were young and just starting out in life sometimes we did not have a lot of money. Most of our friends were having to stretch the dollars at the end of the month just like us. My girlfriends and I decided that we would pool our food for some of the evening meals right before payday... the last week of the month. I have some of the fondest memories from those days. We would all bring our food together and we had some great food and great fellowship. We would get the food on the table and everything ready, someone would bless the food and then the hostess would say "come fill your plate".
I have just a few suggestions before you leave your dish and fill your plate.
  • Link directly to YOUR RECIPE  and not to your web page.  
  • Scroll down to the button that says "click here to enter"
  • You will be asked to give your URL ( which will be your direct link to your post), the name of your recipe, and your email which we will not be able to see.
  • Then you will be asked to select a thumbnail from your post that will be uploaded to your entry.
  • Please include a link back to Full Plate Thursday, somewhere on your post. We will give you a gentle reminder if you forget...
  • Please leave me a comment before you leave the page and let me know that you are here, I want to be a good hostess.
  • Don't forget to visit with all the others, after all that is part of the fellowship that makes it so much fun, in addition to all the good food of course...
  • Grab The Full Plate Button if you like and take it home with you.
  • Now God Bless you and your food and everyone fill your plate!
Miz Helen
Miz Helen

Cookbook Author, Recipe Developer, Organic Gardner.


Comments

  1. What a sweet shoutout for me, Helen. I am so glad you liked my post. That dinner was like *going home* for me, too. My momma always made the best fried chicken...and gravy...and...well, everything she made was so good. No matter if I go exactly by her recipes, mine NEVER tastes as good as hers did. Why is that?
    Thanks so much and you better believe I am taking that pretty red plate home to live on my sidebar...:))
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another Thursday full of yummy recipes. Thank you for hosting it again, Miz Helen.

    Today I decided to share two Italian family recipes...Bruschetta and Ricotta Ravioli.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm! You made some great selections from last week! Thanks for hosting again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the shout out! I love your story about sharing food! I wish I had more friends close by to share food and good times with. Thanks for letting me share on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great featured recipes again! I'm especially interested in the Chocolate French Toast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh yum, the Chocolate French Toast caught my eye too. Thanks for hosting, Miz Helen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many great recipes! Thanks for hosting, cher!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for hosting Miz Helen!

    As always, plenty of great link ups! :)

    I linked up my Peanut Butter Toffee Bars

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for hosting. I always love to see how you filled your plate. This week I'm sharing a pulled pork recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for hosting.
    I have a page on my site that lists more than 250 hops, memes, and photo challenges… some for each day of the week. Yours is listed there. Check under the header for the link to that page. I’ve also started a BlogFrog community that focuses on hops, carnivals, memes, and photo challenges. Go to http://theblogfrog.com/1504201 to visit & participate.
    NCSue

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for always leaving the nicest comments. My family and I are fine...just way too busy lately it seems. The end of the school year is always extremely busy no matter what adjustments I try to make for that. Yesterday was my first no-school day. It was so nice just to relax.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Summertime dinners really need some potato salad, so here's a variation on my mother's recipe. I subbed some agave nectar for the little bit of sugar, and added some bacon for variety. It would go really well with some of the pickles from your pickle pot!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Miz Helen, thank you for hostessing... I brought a sweet treat to share!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My gosh it all looks so good. I need to start cooking tomorrow for my family reunion this Saturday and what good ideas posted today

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Miz Helen! I'm sharing a favorite cooler from the Philippines called Halo-Halo!
    Have a wonderful Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Miz Helen

    I'm back again this week. Finally had something with a picture to share. Now to check out the other yummy things.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for hosting! I always love seeing your site! Lots of your foods look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Miz Helen! Thanks for hosting FPT. I am sharing my recipe for Healthier Queso Dip. It's perfect for lazy summer evenings!

    Thanks again,
    Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks like you already have tons of great recipes linked! I had cheesecake this week and thought I'd share. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good afternoon Miz Helen! This week I'm sharing a vegetarian take on chicken salad.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello Miz Helen!
    Thank you for another week filled with delicious recipes to try! Yum!!!
    <><
    Concetta

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for hosting !!!!Soft Pretzel Rolls this week

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is my first time ever for participating in Full Plate Thursday! You have quite a following.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Miz Helen, I've shared a yummy Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp/Topping recipe for all to try and to enjoy! Thanks for hosting!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you so much for filling your plate with my rhubarh nut bread! I appreciate it!

    I read the beginning of your post and laughed, since I am hoping for rain myself right now. In Texas I bet it hardly ever rains in the summer.

    I love the down home feel to your blog, Miz Helen, you're doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Miz Helen, I've just linked up a bowl of pasta in chicken soup. Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your visit has been very special. I look forward to your comments, they are like opening little gifts. Thank you for stopping by and hurry back!
Miz Helen