Full Plate Thursday 5-5-11

Yosoy Feliz por Cinco  de Mayo, hope all of you are having a great day of celebration! Welcome to Full Plate Thursday! I am so happy to see you today. I am so grateful that you and your family are ok after all of the storms that we have had. We are keeping all of those folks who lost so much in our thoughts and prayers. I can't wait to see what you have in your basket today. Thank you so much for coming today and I sure hope to see you next week.

This Is How I Filled My Plate Last Week
Breakfast
Breakfast Pocket  Sno White at Finding Joy In My Kitchen
Morning Snack
Anzac Biscuits  Marnie at 3 Pickles
Lunch
French Onion Soup Erin at Ekat's Kitchen
Asian Sesame Chicken Salad    Erin at Art + Food + Life
Hot Rolls  Lark at Lark's Country Heart
No Bake Whipped Cream Cheesecake      Patti at Comfy Cuisine 
Afternoon Snack
Chocolate Eclairs  Meghan at Cupcakes With Sprinkles

Dinner
Roast Duck  Laxsupermom at Sugar & Spice In The Land of Balls & Sticks
Rosemary Potatoes  Jackie at Loving My Domestic Life
Roasted Tomatoes Stuffed with Pesto  Kristin Delightfully Dowling
Scallion Parsely and Cheddar Bread  Melynda at Mom's Sunday Cafe
Laura's Rainbow Cake  Guest Post Laura at Kimmy's Kitchen

If You Helped Me Fill My Plate Please Take The Red Plate Home
The Code Is On The Side Bar

Full Plate Thursday Background Story
When we were young and just starting out in life sometimes we did not have a lot of money. Most of our friends were having to stretch the dollars at the end of the month just like us. My girlfriends and I decided that we would pool our food for some of the evening meals right before payday... the last week of the month. I have some of the fondest memories from those days. We would all bring our food together and we had some great food and great fellowship. We would get the food on the table and everything ready, someone would bless the food and then the hostess would say "come fill your plate".
I have just a few suggestions before you leave your dish and fill your plate.
  • Link directly to YOUR RECIPE and not to your web page 
  • Scroll down to the button that says "click here to enter"
  • You will be asked to give your URL ( which will be your direct link to your post), the name of your recipe, and your email which we will not be able to see.
  • Then you will be asked to select a thumbnail from your post that will be uploaded to your entry.
  • Please include a link back to Full Plate Thursday, somewhere on your post. We will give you a gentle reminder if you forget...
  • Please leave me a comment before you leave the page and let me know that you are here, I want to be a good hostess.
  • Don't forget to visit with all the others, after all that is part of the fellowship that makes it so much fun, in addition to all the good food of course...
  • Grab The Full Plate Button if you like and take it home with you.
  • Now God Bless you and your food and everyone fill your plate!

Miz Helen
Miz Helen

Cookbook Author, Recipe Developer, Organic Gardner.


Comments

  1. Miz Helen, thanks so much for featuring my French onion soup! Today I'm linking up my Cremini Chicken Marsala - and as always, thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning, Miz Helen. I've just linked up a plate of lovely cake. Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. miz helen - thanks so much for featuring my roasted tomatoes stuffed with pesto! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Miz Helen! Hope things are going great your way! Thanks for hosting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. as always thank you for hosting!

    You're the Hostess with the Mostest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Miz Helen! I hope you are having a great week. Thank you so much for hosting this wonderful party. I've brought my Forbidden Black Rice Salad to the table today. Have a wonderful Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Miz Helen! I’m back with my Chicken Enchiladas!
    Thanks for another week of hosting!
    Happy Cinco De Mayo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well Miz Helen, I have hesitated to admit this, but often what you have chosen to "fill your plate with" on Thursday's, are mainly foods that for this and that reason do not at all appeal to me. o;-p

    But I know that you strive hard to choose things and thus represent lots of the various participating blogs.

    And I also know that lots of people like stuff that I don't. That's why there is such a variety of recipes linked up in the first place, and why eating with others is always an interesting experience.

    But this week, every single one of your choices sound appealing to me. ;-p Could you please deliver this prepared menu to me on.... o:-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for hosting this! I have linked my couscous salad this week! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for the feature!!! Laura will be thrilled. Thank you for hosting as well. I am linking up Lion House Rolls this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely menu as always. Thanks for hosting. I linked up Chicken and Greens with Tortellini - made to satisfy my need for greens. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Miz Helen, it's always so nice to join you for Full Plate Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Miz Helen, I am sharing another delicious recipe that I hope others will also enjoy. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Copy that menu, cook it and send here please :)
    -Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  15. Roast duck. Oh. You had me at that.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for hosting again this week! I'm sharing two recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Cinco De Mayo to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for featuring the breakfast pockets :) Hope you enjoy them!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi! I just linked up my pina colada cheesecake! I do a blog hop on sundays, I'd love it if you came by and shared something! Thanks for hosting this hop!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Miz Helen! Thanks once again for hosting FPT! I am sharing my post on how to make homemade Ricotta cheese. It is so easy and simple and the results are so creamy, sweet, and delicious!

    Thanks again! Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi! I just linked up with my oatmeal raisin cookies and became a follower! I’d love it if you came by and checked out my blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Miz Helen I have this in the past 2 weeks and don,t want to mis it again. I have linked up Indian rocking desert today Gaajar ka Halwa / Buttered Carrots with Milk. Hope you will like it

    - Mythreyi

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks so much for featuring my chocolate eclairs!! Everything looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks so much for the feature! And thanks for hosting this recipe exchange each week. Grabbing a button for my sidebar.

    ReplyDelete
  25. One of my favorite days of the week is the day I get to come and fill my plate with you! Thank you for hosting this lovely party and have a wonderful day!
    <><
    Concetta

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks again for hosting, I have passed on the Verstile Blogger Award to you go check out the post.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for hosting another terrific party! Happy Cinco de Mayo!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks for hosting! And So sorry for the non food post!! I wasn't paying attention and linked the wrong thing. Sorry again and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks for hosting Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  30. Happy Cinco de Mayo. I've been overtaken this week baking for a family gathering. So this week I'm sharing an easy cookie recipe. I didn't even have a chance to enjoy Mexican fare this week (one of my fav's).

    Thanks for hosting,
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thank you so much Miz Helen for featuring my cheesecake! Your a delightful host!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi Miz Helen! I am sharing my recipe for Chocolate Coconut Macaroons. These cookies are naturally gluten free because they contain no flour.
    Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hey Miz Helen! Trying to get back into the swing of things and feeling much better about blogging and cooking and sharing! What a lovely pot luck this week! I am sharing a recipe that was a hit over pork and also icecream! My hot buttered apple compote. Sending big hugs! Alex

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Miz Helen, Wow, what an ordeal with blogger! I'm glad that you were able to find your linky post! It's such a wonderful party! Thanks for telling me that the linky on my blog wasn't working. I added it again and it appears now for you to join in! Thanks for letting me know! I was wondering why no one was posting! Duh!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your visit has been very special. I look forward to your comments, they are like opening little gifts. Thank you for stopping by and hurry back!
Miz Helen