Full Plate Thursday 5-26-11

I am so excited to see you today, welcome to Full Plate Thursday! We always have so much fun and get to visit with all our old friends and new ones.  Now lets take a look in that basket of yours and see what you brought to share today, I can't wait. Thank you so much for sharing with us today and sure hope you will come back next week!

Our thoughts and prayers go out to the folks in the Mid West and especially the Joplin, Mo area that have lost so much in the recent storms. God be with you.

This Is How I Filled My Plate Last Week
Breakfast
Simple Potato Omelet  Lani at Food Cooking and Capturing
Morning Snack
Blackberry Crumb Bars  Jen at Mama Schell
Lunch
Cza Czas Spring Salad  Mary at Passionate Perseverance
Cheeseburger Ring Ali at Jam Hands
Strawberry Ginger Rhubarb Crisp  Tressa at Hecka-Good Recipes
Afternoon Snack
Orange Blossom Lemonade  Tanya at Greetings From The Asylum
Cubretazas Cookies  Liz at A Whisk and A Prayer
Dinner
My Favorite Salad  Vicki V at The Blest Nest

Oven Barbecued Chicken  Adrienne at Whole New Mom

Nutty Rice  Bizzy B Bakes
Mustard Greens  Laura at Storybook Reality
Back Yard Barbecue Peach Cobbler  Sheryl at Lady Behind The Curtain


If You Helped Me Fill My Plate Please Take The Red Plate Home
The Code Is On The Side Bar

Full Plate Thursday Background Story
When we were young and just starting out in life sometimes we did not have a lot of money. Most of our friends were having to stretch the dollars at the end of the month just like us. My girlfriends and I decided that we would pool our food for some of the evening meals right before payday... the last week of the month. I have some of the fondest memories from those days. We would all bring our food together and we had some great food and great fellowship. We would get the food on the table and everything ready, someone would bless the food and then the hostess would say "come fill your plate".
I have just a few suggestions before you leave your dish and fill your plate.
  • Link directly to YOUR RECIPE  and not to your web page.  
  • Scroll down to the button that says "click here to enter"
  • You will be asked to give your URL ( which will be your direct link to your post), the name of your recipe, and your email which we will not be able to see.
  • Then you will be asked to select a thumbnail from your post that will be uploaded to your entry.
  • Please include a link back to Full Plate Thursday, somewhere on your post. We will give you a gentle reminder if you forget...
  • Please leave me a comment before you leave the page and let me know that you are here, I want to be a good hostess.
  • Don't forget to visit with all the others, after all that is part of the fellowship that makes it so much fun, in addition to all the good food of course...
  • Grab The Full Plate Button if you like and take it home with you.
  • Now God Bless you and your food and everyone fill your plate!
Miz Helen
Miz Helen

Cookbook Author, Recipe Developer, Organic Gardner.


Comments

  1. Looks like BBQ is the way to go this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for hosting Miz Helen. Have a blessed week :)
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I'm keeping the BBQ going this week with a BBQ pizza. As always, thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Getting ready for a big cook-out! Great ideas, here! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for hosting..:))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning, Miz Helen! I've just linked up a plate of yummy dessert to share! Thank you for hosting and have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for hosting. Looks delish!
    x Marnie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Miz Helen -- Today I've brought some Crusty Whole-Grain Cornbread, which is a simple thing cooked the old-fashioned way in a hot skillet greased with bacon drippings...or oil. It will make a good side for many other dishes you might want to have.

    Have a wonderful holiday weekend, and God bless our troops --
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  9. One of these weeks I'm going to show up at your house, you always have the best things on the menu!

    I'm sharing two recipes again this week, chocolate chip muffins and sourdough bread. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Thursday Miz Helen! I shared my recipe for Southwest Rainbow Bean Salad. This salad is great tasting and very healthy too!
    Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for hosting Miz Helen,Always nice to be here.I brought my Caldereta.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for this idea. So many great recipes. I don´t know where to start :) LG Tina

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for hosting Miz Helen. I've brought my twist on a traditional French recipe Poulet au Vinaigre de Vin - it's really yummy! Hope you have a lovely Memorial Day weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Miz Helen, I'm sharing my Rice Pudding Brulee.
    Have a wonderful weekend and thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good Morning Miz Helen! Thanks so much for hosting. I've brought my Asian Fiddlehead Salad to the table today. I hope you have a wonderful holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Miz Helen! I'm linking up my peanut butter cookies!
    Have a great Memorial Day weekend everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks again for hosting. Have a great week. :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you so much Miz Helen for hosting another fabulous feast party full of yummy recipes!
    Have a wonderful day!
    <><
    Concetta

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Miz Helen. I'm linking up a lunchtime pizza recipe for your Full Plate Thursday. Hope you are well and your garden is growing:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Miz Helen! I'm linking up for the first time with one of my favorite chicken dishes. :) Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Miz Helen and thank you for hosting FPT once again! I am sharing my recipe for a very simple yet very delicious homemade alfredo sauce. It is sooo yummy and easy that you will never buy alfredo sauce from the store ever again!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi, Miz Helen! This week's entry is chocolate chip sandwich cookies :) Looking forward to exploring all the yummy goodies~

    ReplyDelete
  23. Linked up! Thanks for hosting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Miz Helen-What a great line up of delicious foods, and desserts. Can't wait to browse through them.
    I'm linking up with my Roasted Peppers.
    Have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend, everyone:D

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for putting me in your basket. It is appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you for hosting this delicious party and for featuring my Orange Blossom Lemonade! What a treat! Thanks for following my blog too! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love to visit you and the lovely cooks that join your meme. I had problems commenting for awhile but it's better now.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks for hosting and the feature :) I have another fun recipe for greens this week too!! We're eating a lot of those at our house!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks so much for hosting and allowing us to share our recipes!

    Sorry to comment with the name/url but I'm one of those affected by the blogger mess and can't sign in to comment as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I just discovered your party! So many recipes to try... thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I made my first link to your blog today and my picture didn't work out. Bummer. Anyway, the recipe is wonderful, I hope you try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thanks for hosting, till next week !!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi Miz Helen,

    I don't have a new recipe for you this week (still catching up with house and yard work), but I am going to cruise through the other great posts this week and hope that you can share something over on my link-up this weekend!

    Happy Memorial Day, Roz

    ReplyDelete
  34. MizHelen, I was on vacation and missed your event since past 2 weeks. I am back with my Killer Recipe for Chicken 65. Hope you will enjoy it.

    -Mythreyi
    Yum! Yum! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi Miz Helen, I've brought another plate to share! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Thank Miz Helen for picking my salad recipe. Looking forward to seeing what you fill your plate with next week! I hope you enjoyed every bite! Happy Memorial Day.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Many, many thanks for featuring Potato Omelet, I really appreciate it!

    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Thanks SO much for featuring me, Miz Helen! It made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Miz Helen, thanks for highlighting my Strawberry Ginger Rhubarb Crisp. It would be great for a BBQ this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Miz Helen, I'm hosting a little giveaway on my blog. Please stop by to enter if you're interested. (here's the link: http://utry.it/2011/05/hong-kong-macau-and-australia-trippart.html)

    Thank you again for hosting Full Plate Thursday and have a wonderful day.

    Amy
    http://utry.it

    ReplyDelete
  41. Miz Helen, I'm bringing something for the graduates!

    ReplyDelete
  42. I love recipe link ups! I will definitely come back next week to link up!

    ~JamieS@ Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your visit has been very special. I look forward to your comments, they are like opening little gifts. Thank you for stopping by and hurry back!
Miz Helen