Marshmallow Cookies


Marshmallow Cookies at Miz Helen's Country Cottage
Our Marshmallow Cookies are some of our very favorite here at the cottage. One of the first places our family will go upon arrival here is to check out the cookie jar, and this has truly been one of the cookie jar favorites. This is a cookie just packed full of amazing flavor, topped with a chocolate topping. Oh my goodness, it doesn't get much better than this.

Pin For Later 
Marshmallow Cookies at Miz Helen's Country Cottage
How To Make Marshmallow Cookies

Marshmallow Cookies at Miz Helen's Country Cottage
Mix The Cookie Ingredients and Bake
Marshmallow Cookies at Miz Helen's Country Cottage
Makes 4 Dozen Cookies To Enjoy!


The Recipe
Yield: 4 dozen
Author: Miz Helen's Kitchen
Marshmallow Cookies

Marshmallow Cookies

A delicious chocolate marshmallow cookie with a creamy chocolate topping. A cookie jar favorite!

Ingredients

  • 2 cups all purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 2 large eggs, at room temperature
  • 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
  • 2 cups quick cooking oats
  • 1 1/4 cups crispy rice cereal
  • 1 cup milk chocolate chips
  • 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
  • 1 cup miniature marshmallows
  • For The Topping
  • 1/2 cup milk chocolate Chips
  • 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
  • 2 1/2 teaspoons half and half
  • pinch of cayenne pepper
  • 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans

Instructions

  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Combine the flour baking powder and baking soda in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, beat the butter and both sugars with a mixer on medium high speed untl fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time on medium speed, then beat in the vanilla. Add the flour mixture and beat on low speed until combined.
  2. Stir the oats, cereal, chocolate chips, pecans and marshmallows into the dough with a wooden spoon. Drop heaping tablespoonfuls of the dough onto the prepared baking sheets, about 3 inches apart. Bake the cookies in batches until golden. 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to racks to cool.
  3. The Topping
  4. Combine the chocolate chips, marshmallows, half and half and cayenne pepper in a saucepan over medium heat, cook, stirring, until the mixture is smooth, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat. Stir in the pecans. Drizzle the mixture over the cookies and let set, about 4 hours.

Lets just get us a cup of tea and have a cookie. I sure do hope you enjoy these cookies as much as we have. Hope to see you soon back here at the cottage.
Peace and Joy
Miz Helen
    This Post Will Be Shared With

Miz Helen
Miz Helen

Cookbook Author, Recipe Developer, Organic Gardner.


Comments

  1. Oh! Like a smores cookie...need a big cold glass of milk, PLEASE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't see it listed in the recipe, so how many chocolate chips do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anonymous,
    I think you may have missed it, The 1 cup of milk chocolate chips is listed right after the cereal, in the ingredient list, and appears in the method after the cereal addition. I hope you will try these cookies, they are delicious! Thanks for stopping by and hope you have a special week.
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. My little one loves marshmallows! I'll have to try this recipe soon!

    Are there chocolate chips in the topping? Love the idea of cayenne!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Allison,
    I fixed it...and thank you for asking, I didn't complete the line. It is 1/2 cup of milk chocolate chips for the topping. We used this topping on some Ice Cream the other night, oh my goodness it was so good. Thanks for stopping by and have a special week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my these look and sound terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an insanely delicious cookie Miz Helen! I love Food Network Magazine, I get it every month. Great recipes! I hope you're doing okay, thinking of you....

    ReplyDelete
  8. YUM, cannot wait to make these Miz Helen. Thanks for sharing this great recipe. These will be fun for Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These cookies looks fabulous! Love the addition of marshmallows, have not tried them in cookies before! Thanks for sharing!
    I have some awards for you over at my site. You have a beautiful site, one of my favourite sites to visit. Please stop by to collect anytime when you can! Thank you, Miz Helen. Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nana these look amazing!I'm really craving a late night study treat too :( hahah your blog is lethal.

    -Lauren Long

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am usually not big on marshmallows, but this cookie looks dreamy & yum!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those look amazing! I love anything with marshmellows in them :-) Thanks for the recipe, I will try these!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mmm, what a delicious combination for a cookie. I want a bite of these.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Will definitely be making these soon! They look great.

    I'm hosting my first recipe blog hop this week over at Peas & Carrots if anyone is interested in linking up there. These cookies would be great! It's at www.navefamilyfood.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These cookies look amazing! I'm so excited to try them with my kids. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I Love these! Thank you so much for sharing them on Made it on Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. awesome cookies sound sooo delicious

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh man...those just sound like a boatload of awesome! I bet that little cayane gave a great KICK! Can't wait to try these...thanks for sharing, Miz Helen:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oooh! These look so tasty! Chocolate plus cayenne, cant go wrong with that combo. Stopping by from WWEW :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow do those look great! I am trying this soon.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good morning Miz Helen,
    As usual you are making something really good over
    here.Thanks for linking up with me

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, what a yummy treat!

    I would be honored if you shared this on my Sweet Tooth Friday linky. I hope to see you there. http://alli-n-son.com/2011/04/21/quick-no-rise-chocolate-cinnamon-rolls/

    ReplyDelete
  23. These look delicious. Hope you had a blessed Easter, Miz Helen!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my goodness Miz Helen, these marshmallow cookies look seriously delicious! Thank you so much for linking this yummy recipe to Feed Me Tweet Me Follow Me Home. Hope to see you again this week - the linky is up now!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Miz Helen,
    Please assure me about the cayenne pepper part... I have bad memories of cayenne pepper. I'm afraid it will wreck the cookie...

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi There,
    Is the "1/14 cups crispy rice cereal" in the ingredient list supposed to be 1 and 1/4 cups???
    Thanks! I can hardly wait to get started.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi to Anonymous "afraid it will wreck the cookie"
    I totally understand about the use of cayenne pepper in any recipe and you are right it could wreck the cookie if you get to much. This is a very very mild kick and only made it better. You might try half of the cayenne and see what that is like for you and you can always increase it next time. Let me know how they turn out for you. Thanks for stopping by and hope you enjoy your cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  28. oops! You are exactly right, it is 1 1/4 cups. I sure am glad you caught that for me. I know you are excited to get started on you cookies.
    Happy Cooking
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  29. I really enjoy cookie recipes the most. Thanks for sharing this one with us. #HomeMattersParty

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your visit has been very special. I look forward to your comments, they are like opening little gifts. Thank you for stopping by and hurry back!
Miz Helen