Whats For Dinner Next Week: Lasagna

We had so much fun last week with our Spring Breakers and attending my yearly woman's retreat. I always feel so refreshed and ready to meet the world head on when I return...and of course I am always glad to see "Honey Bunny". I am glad you stopped by to have coffee with me today, its time for a break. We can go over the menu for next week.
Feature Recipe
Friday
Lasagna

The Menu

Sunday
Southwest Turkey Burgers
Oven Fried Sweet Potatoes
Key Lime Pudding

Monday
Fresh Tomato Basil Soup
Ultimate Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Spring Green Salad
Garlic Bread Sticks
Chocolate Cake

Tuesday
Baby Bella Steak Bake
Mashed Garlic Potatoes
Green Beans
Green Salad
Herb Bread
Left Over
Chocolate Cake

Wednesday
Turkey Casserole
Spring Green Salad
Toasted Herb Bread
Pumpkin Cupcakes

Thursday
From
Full Plate Thursday
Breakfast
Perfect Pancakes Miranda at Mangoes and Chutney
Machacado con huevo Mely at Mexico In My Kitchen
Morning Snack
St Patricks Day Cookies  Amanda at Amanda's Cooking
Lunch
Sauteed Beef Broccoli In Oyster Sauce  Lani at Food Cooking & Capturing
Spicy Fried Cauliflower Rice  Elizabeth at Modern Gal
Pineapple Cupcakes Ms Not So Perfect
Afternoon Snack
Peach Cake with Streusel Franzi at Greenderella
Dinner
Cedar Plank Trout  Beverly at Beverly's Back Porch
Fried Plain or Stuffed Zucchini  Manu at Manu's Menu
Mashed Garnet Yams Bacon Chipotle  Andrea at Andrea's Kitchen
Corn Bread  Betty at Little Farm In The Big City
Banana Dessert Wraps  Brenda at Brenda's Canadian Kitchen

Friday
Feature Recipe
Lasagna
Green Tossed Salad
Garlic Bread
Lemon Pie

Saturday
Ranch House Steak
Seasoned Oven Fries
Steamed Asparagus
Lettuce and Tomato Salad
Hot French Bread
 Special Ice Sundae

The Recipe
Prepare The Sauce
Assemble and Bake
Enjoy!

Lasagna
Miz Helen's Kitchen
The Ingredient List is Listed Separate for
Sauce, Filling and Assemble
Read The Entire Recipe Before Beginning
The Sauce
1 pound Italian Sausage
1 pound ground chuck
2 cups diced tomatoes with juice
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon oregano
1 tablespoon parsley
1 tablespoon basil
1 teaspoon anise seed
1 1/2 cups tomato paste
3 to 4 cups water
Brown the Italian Sausage and the ground chuck in a large sauce pan or dutch oven and drain
Add the tomatoes and all the seasons, mix well
Add the tomato paste and water, mix well. Simmer for at least 30 minutes.
The Noodles
Cook according to package directions. Drain and cool with cold water.
The Filling
1 pound Ricotta Cheese
1 pound small curd Cottage Cheese
1 cup Mozzarella cheese shredded
2 Eggs
1 tablespoon parsley
1 tablespoon oregano
1 tablespoon basil
Beat together the Ricotta and the eggs. Add the cottage cheese and the parsley, oregano and basil. Add the Mozzarella and mix well.
Assemble
1 cup Parmesan Cheese shredded
Lightly grease a large baking dish and spoon in enough meat sauce to cover the bottom. Top with strips of cooked lasagna. Spread with part of the cheese filing. Repeat layers ending with meat sauce.
Sprinkle the top with 1 cup Parmesan Cheese
Bake 350 degrees 1 hour
Let stand for 15 minutes before serving to allow layers to set
Many time's when my boys are coming home, they want me to make the Lasagna, it is one of their favorites.

I am so glad that you were able to come and spend some time with us today, it is always so good to see you. Please come back to see us soon, I hope to see you at Full Plate Thursday.
Peace and Joy
Miz Helen
This Post Is Linked To My Friends At:
Menu Plan Monday

































Miz Helen
Miz Helen

Cookbook Author, Recipe Developer, Organic Gardner.


Comments

  1. What a delicious menu! Your family is so lucky. As for your lasagne, it looks very authentic. I've never actually seen a recipe for it as my Mum uses shop-bought sauces and pasta..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so hungry right now ~ I would love to try that lasagna! Thanks so much for sharing.

    Hope you have a blessed week!
    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks great - bet it's delicious! So glad you had a great retreat :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to invite you to join in on a RECIPE LINK PARTY on my blog!

    http://larkscountryheart.blogspot.com/
    "Made it on Monday" is a WEEKLY link. So feel free to link up as often as you like.
    There will be prizes often. :)

    I look forward to seeing some of your recipes soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Miz Helen,
    Sorry for the late reply, thanks for featuring the dish. WHat do I suppose to do next?
    Have a happy day!

    Mely:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Miz Helen, you have outdone your self with this lasagna. You always have great recipes. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loooove a good lasagna. This sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi -- I love the whole menu and will refer to it when I'm planning the next couple of weeks. Thanks!

    I would like to invite you to a recipe hop at my blog -- each Wednesday - it's called "What's for Dinner" @ Homegrown Learners. You can grab one of my cute buttons and hopefully we'll all get more recipes!

    ~Mary
    http://www.homegrownlearners.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love lasagna and this looks like a great recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You always have the most amazing menus. Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for linking this up! One question I've always had for you is ... how many do you cook for?!

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your visit has been very special. I look forward to your comments, they are like opening little gifts. Thank you for stopping by and hurry back!
Miz Helen