Week End Treat: Surprise Bundt Cake

My husband has been working extra hard lately on our bathroom and kitchen remodel, so I wanted to make him one of his favorite Bundt Cakes. This is one of those cakes that is really a pudding with a little crust on top. It is so moist it will just melt in you mouth.
 The Surprise Is Sitting On My Aunt's Hand Made Tablecloth
The cloth was made with flour sack's and trimmed with the red polka dot cotton the hand worked basket of flowers is on each corner of the cloth. It is very precious to me.
The Cloth Is About 80 Years Old

Now For The Cake
Can You Guess What's In It Yet?
Lets Find Out
It's Beets!
Isn't That A Beautiful Color
Surprise Bundt Cake
Miz Helen's Kitchen
1 3/4 cups of boiled beets pureed
You can use canned beets if you don't have fresh ones from the garden like mine
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ginger
11/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup beet juice
2 large eggs
1 teaspoons vanilla
1 1/3 cup of white chocolate chips chopped fine
In a mixing bowl mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and ginger.
In a food processor or blender, reserving the liquid from the boiled beets, puree the beets
Into the mixer add the pureed beets, mix in the oil, sugar and beet juice, mix well
Add the flour mixture and mix about 2 to 3 minutes until mixed well
Stir in the chopped white chocolate chips
Pour into a greased and floured Bundt Pan
Bake 350 degrees for 50 to 55 minutes
Garnish with a dusting of powdered sugar to serve
My husband came out of the bathroom where he was working and said are you cooking my cake? 
I can smell it...
It's Still Warm...Enjoy!

Have a great week end!
Peace and Joy














Miz Helen
Miz Helen

Cookbook Author, Recipe Developer, Organic Gardner.


Comments

  1. I sure wish I had a garden like yours Miz Helen! This looks delicious! It sure was sweet of you to surprise your husband with his favorite cake. It's nice to be appreciated when you work so hard on something. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful table cloth from your aunt. What a treasure! I too have a few pieces from my aunt, as well. Beautifully hand made pieces.
    What a surprise of a bundt cake...with beets, and I do love beets any way you prefer it, but never heard of it in a cake. A pleasant and yummy surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - who would have thought? Beets? Very nice and I LOVE that tablecloth. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This definitely deserves a trip over to Beverly's Pink Saturday! It sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dad is one lucky man!!! Love you!

    Bre

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cake - that tablecloth is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow what a cool cake! You come up some of the most surprising things!! When my kitchen gets done with the remodel I am going to try some of these. Thanks so much for blog and what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a beautiful table cloth! And the cake looks and sounds delicious! It is very thoughtful of you to surprise your husband with this lovely cake. I can just imagine how much he must have enjoyed this! Thank you for sharing this cake and the tablecloth too, it is really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely color from the beets. I saw quite a few cake recipes using beet. I haven't try that myself yet. But your cake definitely looks moist and delicious! :P

    Amy
    http://utry.it

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love the tablecloth and the fact that it is your Aunt's it makes it even more valuable. I wouldn't believe this cake was made with beets. It looks mouthwatering!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love beets, I'm going to have to try this it looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beets in Cake wow!! will try this...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Miz Helen - Those beets are a surprise and it looks like they keep that cake deliciously moist in addition to that lovely finished color. Thanks for sharing with the Decidedly Healthy or Horridly Decandent recipe hop!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yummy! Beautiful cake and what a creative idea to use beets!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That was a surprise, I'd never have guessed the mystery ingredient was beetroot.
    The cake does look delicious and so moist, it's no surprise that it's a favourite.
    Your Aunts tablecloth is delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the red color from the beets. Beautiful!

    Thanks for linking up with Sweet Tooth Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That looks like the original red velvet cake recipe. I've always been afraid to try it, but yours looks so good! Thanks for sharing with Made From Scratch Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great idea! This is something I'd like to try ~ thanks for sharing.

    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  19. Miz Helen, I do believe this cake must qualify as health food, what with all the good beets in there! No wonder it's your husband's favorite, it looks amazing.

    Love your Aunt's sweet tablecloth. :)

    ~Joy @ Yesterfood

    ReplyDelete
  20. Miz Helen, I do believe this cake must qualify as health food, what with all the good beets in there! No wonder it's your husband's favorite, it looks amazing.

    Love your Aunt's sweet tablecloth. :)

    ~Joy @ Yesterfood

    ReplyDelete
  21. Helen, I was thrilled when it was your post that came up. Your blog,is special. I have some dish towels like your table cloth my grandmother made. Now I have to find those. Wonder where I stored them? Love the cake too. I've been reorganizing before the garden keeps me outside too much. Can't wait for Spring. Have a great weekend.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your visit has been very special. I look forward to your comments, they are like opening little gifts. Thank you for stopping by and hurry back!
Miz Helen