Whats For Dinner Next Week: Baked Ham Steak With Spicy Hot Fruit

We are having a wonderful holiday with family and friends. We are so glad that you could stop by today. We have so many Christmas Goodies to eat you just sit right down and we will have a little snack with our tea. I am working on the menu for next week so we will get right to it.

Feature Recipe
New Years Day
Baked Ham Steak With Spicy Hot Fruit

Sunday
Vegetable Beef Soup
Cornbread
Left Over Christmas Goodies

Monday
Baked Zita
Tossed Green Salad
Garlic Bread
The Last of The Pie

Tuesday
Tamale Casserole
Mexican Cole Slaw
Baked Tortilla Chips
Chocolate Chip Cookies

Wednesday
Chicken 'N Rice Casserole
Tossed Green Salad
Hot Biscuits
Mixed Fruit and Cookies

Thursday
Shrimp Scampi
Wild Rice
Steamed Mixed Vegetables
Garlic Stix
Lemon Pudding

Friday
New Years Eve
Going To The Party
I will bring 
The Black Eyed Peas
Link:Good Luck Black Eyed Peas
Green Tomato Chow Chow
 and
Corn Bread

Saturday
New Years Day
We Will Serve The Good Luck Black Eyed Peas All Day
Link on Friday
Baked Ham Steak With Spicy Hot Fruit 
Scalloped Potatoes
Fresh Green Beans
From Miz Helen's Kitchen Table Cook Book
"The Green Salad"
Homemade Cottage Bread
Fresh Apple Cake with Cream

Hot Spicy Fruit
Miz Helen's Kitchen
1 pound can of Pear Halves drained well
1 pound can of Cling Peach Halves drained well
1 pound can of Pineapple Chunks drained well
1 pound can of Apricot Halves drained well
1 pound can of Purple Plums drained well
1 cup of Maraschino Cherries
2/3 cup Almonds chopped
1/2 cup Butter chopped in small pieces
3/4 cup Brown Sugar
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon Ground Cloves
1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
  • Drain all the fruit really well. 
  • Mix all the spices and the nuts together. 
  • Layer the fruit in a baking dish, sprinkle each layer with the season and nut mixture dotting each layer with some of the butter pieces. 
  • Top with the Maraschino Cherries and the remainder of the season and nut mixture dotting with the butter pieces.
  • Bake 350 degrees for 1 hour.
This is a great fruit dish and can be used as a great addition to any meal. It is delicious over ice cream served as a dessert.
Baked Ham Steak

 Baked Ham Steak
Miz Helen's Kitchen
3 11/2 pound Ham Steaks
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
3 tablespoons Corn Starch
1/2 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground Nutmeg
1/2 cup Honey

  • Mix together brown sugar, corn starch, Cinnamon, nutmeg, and Cayenne pepper. Add the honey and mix well.
  • Layer the ham one on the other, cover the top of each ham steak with the honey mixture.
  • Cover and bake 350 degrees for 1 hour.
  • Option: The liquid can be drained and poured into a sauce pan and reduced for a nice sauce to pour over the ham steaks.
  • I am serving the ham steaks with Spicy Hot Fruit, the recipe included in this post.
I am so glad that you stopped by today to help me close out this year. We want to wish you the very best in 2011...Happy New Year! Your visits are so special to us so come back soon...
Peace and Joy
Miz Helen
This Post is Linked to:
Menu Plan Monday
Menu Inspiration Monday 













Miz Helen
Miz Helen

Cookbook Author, Recipe Developer, Organic Gardner.


Comments

  1. How do you do your black eyed peas? I'm thinking of making them this year. I found a Hoppin' John recipe I'm thinking of making, but I'm not sure about putting in the collard greens. I know they're lucky, but I'm not a fan. I think I'll opt for the kale instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these ham steaks look delicious! I can't wait to try them. My family loves ham.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristi,
    I am going to post the Black Eyed Pea recipe that I use on Wednesday. I will try and let you know on your blog. So come back on Wednesday and you can get the recipe. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh thank you! Will let you know how mine go, too! I love your recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmmmmmmmmmm...so what day should I be over this week for dinner?? :)

    hahahahahaha...glad you had a great Christmas!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Tamale Casserole looks interesting, I'll have to keep an eye out for the recipe. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your menu looks delicious. The Ham steak has my mouth watering! I see you are having black-eyed peas on New Years Eve, we are having ours on New Years Day. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. It's very much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My husb loves ham steak I've never made it and that looks FAB!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your visit has been very special. I look forward to your comments, they are like opening little gifts. Thank you for stopping by and hurry back!
Miz Helen