Whats For Dinner Next Week: Green Chili & Cranberry Turkey Chalupa

Good Morning, come on in the house it is really very chilly outdoors. Don't you just love this time of year we actually need a sweater or a light jacket now for our morning walks. Sit right down and  I will get us a cup of hot cider to sip while we get busy planning our menu for next week. I have just developed this wonderful Turkey Chalupa with Green Chili and Cranberry Enchilada Sauce it will be a great recipe for the holidays and I can't wait to share it with you.

Feature Recipe on Monday
Green Chili & Cranberry Turkey Chalupa

Saturday
Annual Fish Fry Benefit
For Our Local
Volunteer Fire Department

Sunday
Chicken and Dumplings
Green Vegetable Salad
Toastie Wheat Rounds
Blackberry Cobbler
(The Berries are from our summer harvest)

Monday
Feature Recipe
Green Chili & Cranberry Turkey Chalupa
Spanish Rice
Baked Tortilla Chips
Lemon Pie

Tuesday
Chicken Vegetable Soup
(leftover chicken from Sunday)
Corn Bread Muffins
Left Over Lemon Pie

Wednesday
Stuffed Bell Peppers
Mashed Potatoes
Tossed Green Salad
Cottage Bread
Pumpkin Muffins

Thursday
Apple Glazed Pork Chops
Baked Sweet Potato Wedges
Collard Greens
Corn Bread
Baked Apples

Friday
Oven Baked Stuffed Flounder
Saute Rainbow Swiss Chard from the Fall Garden
Wild Rice
Homemade French Bread
Miz Helen's Brownies and Leonard's Blue Bell

Feature Recipe
 Green Chili & Cranberry Turkey Chalupa
Saute the Onions and Whole Cranberries
Add the Simmering Sauce to the Cooked Turkey, Onions and Cranberries
Build the Chalupa
Bake the Chalupa
Serve and Enjoy!
Green Chili & Cranberry Turkey Chalupa
1 1/2 pounds fresh ground turkey
1 medium yellow onion medium chop
3/4 cup fresh whole cranberries
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 14 oz.  can whole cranberry sauce
1 14 oz. can Green Chili Enchilada Sauce
2 cups shredded lettuce
2 cups shredded cilantro
1/2 cup shredded longhorn or sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
12 corn tortilla's
  • In a medium saucepan add the Green Chili Enchilada Sauce and the Cranberry Sauce mix well and heat to simmer and simmer for 10 minutes. 
  • In a hot skillet pour 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil and saute the onion and fresh cranberries. 
  • The onion needs to begin to caramelize and the cranberries will become soft and begin to pop open. 
  • At that point add the turkey and cook the turkey until it is done.Add 2 cups of the simmering Enchilada and Cranberry Sauce mix to the turkey mix and bring back to simmer for 5 minutes. 
  • Mix the shredded lettuce and the shredded cilantro together. Mix the two cheeses together. 
  •  Now you are ready to start building the Chalupa. In a long sheet pan lightly spray the pan with a cooking oil. First the corn tortilla, second the turkey and sauce mix, next the lettuce and cilantro mix, then the mixed cheeses and last drizzle some of the sauce over the tops of the chalupa. 
  • Bake in the oven at 425 degrees until the cheese is melted. Serve hot.
 It looks like rain is coming that will be good for the garden. I am so glad that you walked with me this morning, I always look forward to our visit.   Stop by on Monday and I will let you sample my new dessert it is so good. Hope to see you then.
Peace and Joy
Miz Helen
This Post is Linked to:
Tip Day Thursday
A Gluten Free Holiday
Recipe Swap Thursday
Whatcha Makin Wednesdays
The Common Room Feeding Eight or More
Slightly Indulgent Tuesday
Tempt My Tummy Tuesday
Hearth and Soul Hop
Tasty Tuesday
Tuesday At The Table
Hunk of Meat Monday
Menu Plan Monday
Foodie Friday
Friday Potluck 























Miz Helen
Miz Helen

Cookbook Author, Recipe Developer, Organic Gardner.


Comments

  1. Miz Helen, you are absolutely brilliant! What a wonderful take on the traditional turkey dinner. I think I like this version better actually! As usual, set an extra plate for me. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a really delicious week! Thanks for all the yummy photos and recipes. We're still making our way through our summer berry supply too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks fantastic! I'm coming over for dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word!!!! I would happily eat in your kitchen any day of the week! Wow! I would love to know your coq au vin recipe, too....

    ReplyDelete
  5. p.s. I just facebooked that chalupa...wow again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Miz Helen, this looks spectacular! I cannot wait to see more of your recipes! Meet your newest follower. I will have to try this recipe - and soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your chalupa recipe is making me hungry. I'd love to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel like having a bite right now, looks yum! Happy Weekend ahead of you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this sounds great week...love your green chili recipe, will surely try it! happy weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing colors and the flavors wow what a perfect game day food for us thank you for sharin!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are fantastic chalupas...not boring like so many can be! Love all of the flavors, absolutely mouthwatering!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those look amazing! That chalupa is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much for linking this up to Friday Potluck -- this is one of the recipes I've been thinking about all day, and I can't wait to try! MMMM

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow that chalupa looks awesome! Might have to try that for dinner!

    I just found your blog through one of the Saturday blog hops! Have a great weekend!

    Amanda @ www.nutritionistreviews.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, my goodness! This all looks so good!

    I'm following you from Spotlight Saturday blog hop. I think you'd have fun at www.magicalmouseschoolhouse.com, where Disney IS school. Hope you can stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a delicious meal with a great combo of flavors.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks absolutely delicious! Would love to be your dinner guest! ^..^

    ReplyDelete
  18. Following from Slightly Indulgent Tuesday! Wow! This looks totally amazing! On my list of must do dinners soon!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yum! That Turkey Chalupa looks delicious :)

    Thanks for visiting Mom's Menu Planning!

    ReplyDelete
  20. How creative. I just know that your chalupa is gonna make so many happy because they'll know what to do with their turkey day leftovers. Of course, I never have leftover turkey for recipes because I'm so fond of nibbling it right out of the fridge, preferably in the middle of the night, or for breakfast ;) Thanks for sharing with the Hearth and Soul hop.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Miz Helen, I am looking forward to Turkey day leftovers and this recipe, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Miz Helen,I love chalupas but what can I say I guess it's a Texas thing! Thanks for linking up with me.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your menu plan sounds lovely and those chalupas - oh my! They are mouthwatering, and they would make a perfect lunch or supper. I've bookmarked them to try. Thank you for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is absolutely a recipe I will try. Looks amazing and very different from anything in my repertoire right now.

    As a meal planner myself, I also enjoyed your menu plan.

    Nice to meet you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. How awesome, Miz Helen! Love the step-by-step photos! Thanks so much for sharing this recipe for the Thanksgiving theme of our Gluten-Free Holiday event. :-)

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is so creative! Yum! And thank you AGAIN for the awesome cookbook. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Goodie!
    This is such a nice blog. I'm a new follower, following from a blog hop.
    http://abundanceyeah.blogspot.com/2010/11/anatomy-of-leftover-turkey-dirty-word.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your visit has been very special. I look forward to your comments, they are like opening little gifts. Thank you for stopping by and hurry back!
Miz Helen